What's new

Islamic Megastructures

The Great Mosque of sammara Iraq

55e8e74a46fddd4675ec60663f318872.jpg

yes because both were built by Mughals... I wish pak could add into this heritage as much as possible ...

In a thread that mentions Burj, Ayodhya's mosque ( :disagree: ) among Islam's mega structure, wonder how this one hasnt been mentioned yet .. something Islamic & Mega & relevant ...

The Gol Gumbaz ... the second largest dome in the world, is 124 feet in diameter.

e46fbfb0ae25f230b70fdc4f4c646648.jpg

:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
err ... I am not able to show the image in my message ... how do we do it ?

In a thread that mentions Burj, Ayodhya's mosque ( :disagree: ) among Islam's mega structure, wonder how this one hasnt been mentioned yet .. something Islamic & Mega & relevant ...

The Gol Gumbaz ... the second largest dome in the world, is 124 feet in diameter.

http://aminus3.s3.amazonaws.com/ima...90/cfb9c1e1bdc51a661caa3368469a6eb7_large.jpg

:cheers:

Burj Dubai, Petronas tower Malaysia etc are only high rise towers not Islamic Mega structures, Pls don't get confused.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

err ... I am not able to show the image in my message ... how do we do it ?

Use Imageshack or photobucket.

Burj Dubai, Petronas tower Malaysia etc are only high rise towers not Islamic Mega structures, Pls don't get confused.

Yes I am aware ... and that was exactly the point that I was trying to make. Coz, even though the thread name said Islam's mega structures, the thread had pics of Burj, Petronas, Ayodhya etc.

Use Imageshack or photobucket.
Thanks Goodperson ... I have a feeling that I will never be able to post any images! :undecided:

Visited Malaysia recently - Putrajaya is a cool project. Amazing architecture !
Petronas towers has concepts of Islamic architecture embedded - that's what the presentation at Petronas said.

Thanks Goodperson ... I have a feeling that I will never be able to post any images! :undecided:

You can call me GP.

For posting images upload them on Imageshack or Photobucket which are popular sites for image uploading you can upload images there from websites too. Then post the link provided by those Image uploading sites here.

Visited Malaysia recently - Putrajaya is a cool project. Amazing architecture !
Petronas towers has concepts of Islamic architecture embedded - that's what the presentation at Petronas said.

A building having Islamic architecture would not qualify it to be counted among Islam's Mega structures right?

You can call me GP.

For posting images upload them on Imageshack or Photobucket which are popular sites for image uploading you can upload images there from websites too. Then post the link provided by those Image uploading sites here.

Now I got what you were trying to say ... Thanks GP! :smitten:

Back
Top Bottom