What's new

Islamabad police raid dance party, arrest over 40 including 22 girls

Islamabad police raid dance party, arrest over 40 including 22 girls
By Naeem Asghar / Arsalan Altaf
Published: April 28, 2018
1697581-dance-1524901868-790-640x480.jpg

Bottles of alcohol also seized during the raid. PHOTO: REUTERS/FILE

ISLAMABAD: Islamabad police on Saturday morning raided a farmhouse on the outskirts of the capital and arrested over 40 young men and women allegedly involved in obscene and suspicious activities.

22 girls and 25 boys were arrested from the farmhouse near Islamabad’s Bhara Kahu area. Bottles of alcohol were also seized during the raid.

A video obtained by The Express Tribune revealed some of the women arrested complained of injuries that were caused as a result of being manhandled by police officials during the raid.

Police said the raid was conducted at 7:30 on Saturday morning at the farmhouse of one Raja Kamran located in Phulgran village on Simly Dam Road, near Bhara Kahu.

An initial police report on the arrest reviewed by The Express Tribune said that when the law-enforcement personnel raided the farmhouse, they found the occupants involved suspicious and vulgar activities.

The police however said, some of those arrested sustained minor injuries as they were misbehaving with the officials and resisting arrest. Police said while the men had been locked up, the women would be kept at the women police station or sent to judicial custody if they are not released on bail.

Police raid dance party at Islamabad hotel, arrest 50

Last year, Islamabad police raided a dance party in G-5 area and arrested at least 50 people.

The orders for the raid were issued by Assistant Commissioner Capt. (Retd) Shoaib Ali. Police officials said many men and women were dancing and playing music on loudspeakers and were also smoking tobacco and sheesha at the hotel.

In the raid, police rounded up 34 men and 16 women and booked them for “obscene acts and songs” and for violating the amplifier and the tobacco control laws.

To me this is a clear case of excessive noise disturbance and consumption of illegal substance i.e. alcohol.

There needs to be punishment according to the letter of the law.

Good job. Drinking is absolutely HARAM. Let's put all these drunks in jail. Oh wait most of the parliament will be in jail then.
Logic dictates, drug addicts shouldn't be anywhere near this building called parliament

In Punjabi, we call it "chaaapa pay gaya"!!
No somewhat like ustaad g pulsaaaaaaa'n payyyyyyy giaaaaaa jayyyyyyy:fie:

you forcefully mixing they things while i again and again said until they never harm anyone . do they killed someone with dancing ? do drinking alcohol is robbing someone ?why you did not understand simply sir ? before alcohol and dance bar ban in pakistan it was crimes everywhere ? people must be free to go bar or masjid . its people choice . almost 40 muslim countries are doing it same you want dance go pub you want to pray go mosque .

Your every argument in any thread is same:
  • Pakistanis are hypocrite Nation.
  • If state does one thing wrong,then it can't stop any wrongdoing.
  • Mullah do this,Mullah do that,Why don't you let secular do this or that.:(:(:(:(

what a chutiya country man

This sentence completely give clear picture of your mentality.

Disgusting!

I support the middle way too and I did not target one individual. :)

I clearly do not fit the liberal category. I believe that drinking alcohol, dancing etc. should not be permissable for a whole host of reasons apart from religious and cultural constraints. I am also not overly religious. I try to participate as much as I can, but I have severe shortcomings.

Is that the definition of someone being in the middle? I believe that my cultural roots dictate much of who I am. The Pakistani part of the culture that my parents taught me didn't contain dance, sex and alcohol.

I think there is no middle way in this debate. You either endorse the actions or oppose it. It is like the non-political argument. There is no such thing as being non-political. By being silent or neutral you are essentially complicit.

Last edited:
there wont be a bigger hypocrite nation than ours, our Islamabad police is the supplier and caretaker of almost all the illegal stuff that goes on in the capital, from brothels to bootlegging, from car jacking to armed robberies, from giving clean chits to murderers to giving protection to land grabber mafia, our police is always the one which enjoys the most benefits,

our country is Islamic republic, all the pain of world's Muslims is our problem, getting few dozen killed on the streets in the name of some incident which took place thousands of miles away, our religious leaders are the most honest ones serving the Almighty,

how long will we last like this, we steal, bribe, contaminate, cut trees, throw garbage in streams(which are already gone), heck even the alcohol produces is diluted with poison,

how long does our contry have, how much and till when can we eat it

You liberals are quick to blame the whole nation for acts of individual.

The things you said happens in other non-Islamic countries also.But you people conveniently ignore others,especially west and quickly criticize Pakistan.

Double Standards!

it is pakistani style of debate when lose debate start getting personal . bye

Liberals Modus Operandi:

Blame Islam and Blame Pakistan 24/7

Kids partying having fun.

Mullahs blowing themselves up in markets.

See the difference. Take care of the psychos in your society and don't let them decide what is best for you because these mullah f**kers don't know what they want out of life and ruin everyone else's.

Liberals destroying the country though corruption and treason,as result thousands die each year.At the same time supporting these terrorist through political, financial and psychological means

@tps77 yar I feel pity for those police
constables, most prolly hailing from some remote towns and villages of Pakistan, for the burger shitt they have to face on daily basis in a cosmopolitan like Islamabad.

32 bor di sotii ty Ma'n di dua

funny_images_pakistan+%282%29.jpg

This is a very difficult topic one just can say that it was wrong or right. It's one choice what he has to do. If we are against alcohol then why don't we seize Murree brewery they manufacture alcohol and are sold in five star hotels who doesn't know that.
There is a saying u nip the evil in the bud.
Who are we to judge when empty bottles are found outside state office in Islamabad.
My guess is police wasn't given there share of money I can take u to hundred places in isb and rwp where much worse is going on and openly but no one gives a shit

It is not rocket science. The law prohibits the consumption of alcohol. For me this discussion ends righ there. The law is after all supreme.

An entirely different debate is the hypocrisy displayed by people in power. Politicians who are supposed to lead from the front and implement the law are neglecting their duties. This essentially comes down to people casting their vote and electing their officials.

However, in this debate we are sensing something very different. It is a clash between ideas, norms and values. Nothing new considering this debate has been raging for a long time between two colliding thoughts all over the world.

In the Western world the church who misused its powers got replaced by powers who separated church and state as two separate entities.

In our part of the world, the dynamics are very different. It is not as simple as replacing one group or system by another. It is highly complex.

The following is what it essentially boils down to. Muslim societies the world over are trying to forge an identity in this day and age. Too many influences from the outside i.e. a dominant Western culture are trying to replace existing systems. This is causing a friction between those that oppose Western ideals and those that endorse it. Like any other cult or sect, the Western world also has every stake in winning and converting as many souls as possible.

To further complicate matters, all existing norms and values in Muslim societies are contrary to Western cultures and beliefs. They are simply put incompatible. Almost everything that's permissable in Western societies is prohibited in Islamic cultures and vice versa. They are like opposite poles.

The end result is visible today. It is one collosal chaos where tempers are flaring and every side has its own justification. The existing system is at odds with an invading Western system trying to impose itself by force.

Last edited:
I can see what Pakistan is going to be look like in next 20 Years :tsk:
there wont be no Pakistan in 20 years zardari and his puppet generals will destroy Pakistan...ash karnay dain jab tak jis ko karna hai!

so God came to Earth and then enforced His law by leading the raid?
no, right?
he gave people common sense
the people possessing common sense invoked the law of the land and acted upon it

Seriously people being so "so. called Philosophers" make me laugh
what an idiot you are
why dont you read a Fucking book

I support the middle way too and I did not target one individual. :)
One side is defending the Islamic stance on this issue while the other is advocating social degeneracy in the name of "muh freedom".

There is no middle ground.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom