What's new

ISI to have more civilians at the top

BPS 19 are mostly Directors supervising many teams lead by Deputy Directors BPS 18. So if your requirement is to establish Cyber Crime Department who will be the most suitable Director. A person who have 12-15 year experience in Juniper/Cisco/Huawei in related department Network Security will be more better or LT Col SSG Zarrar Unit?
Obviously Network professional.

The Cyber Crime Department must have some objectives. If Lt. Col. is unable to lay down the high level objectives, then he is inadequate for the post. If he has the qualities of good management, he will listen to feedback from Network Professional and modify them as needed. The Professional can then translate them into implementation steps. Purchases etc. needed to be verified by the Lt Col. who will also keep close tabs on the Professional's activities.

believe me, am calm as hell --- just enjoying my tea break ---- I have a really open mind, that is why am speaking out of personal experience & making this forum aware of ground reality ----- each individual in our establishment have their own role to play, each brings something different to the table ---- Brigadier sb did not get those Patches just like that , taking a walk in the park, he earned that patch hard ---- & you put him where he actually fits correctly

The army has a large number of retirees of very high calibre. They can't all keep commanding tank units. Their intelligence, creativity, and leadership can be utilized in many other departments, if they are trained for it.

Creativity, adaptability, thinking on your feet, picking up new knowledge as you go, these are all qualities that can at least be filtered for, if not inculcated into officers from the start.
In nutshell dear,you can't replace an officer who has spent best years of his life in a certain field and eventually climbed the ladder with utmost Professionalism and Hard work to higher post in same field.No matter how much qualified you are he would beat shit out of you in his field and same would apply if he challenges you in your field.
Those who are going to lead a directorate,they deserve it,they earned it with Will and hard work.
You are entitled to your opinion but your opinion does costed us many lives in past.
FAREWELL

I already given my best to convince this guy but he is still strict to his childish point.
Today he is saying that civilians are not allowed in Intelligence agencies in future he will say kick out these civilians from Pakistan. I guarantee it this civilian-military crap should end.

I agree. In the end everyone is picked up from this country whether into the Military or in a Civil Institution. Who cares if someone spent their last 3-10 years into a department which actually puts them apart from other human beings LOL. Whether a Civil or Armed Forces Personnel. Gund karne pe aen to phir koi peche nai hat'ta. These two classes are actually a Western Tradition followed in Western Militaries. I had previously posted an opinion of mine regarding this Military and Civil classification in Pakistan followed by the Imperial British Military germs in Pakistan Military Academy which should end. Islam has no such rulings and neither supports. The only reason some Muslim countries are successfully deterring against West is because there is no such thing as 'Ap civil ho?' 'Asi te fauji aan' 'Yo am an Army Brat' 'Yo am a Bureaucratic Brat'. They are simply the natives.

If any one have such desires they will be blown into pieces before planning this idea.
They are since ex ISI Gen Pasha directly responsible for creating (means today's PTI) PTI and staging a Dharna against PMLN although he was retired when he did this but PMLN is of the opinion that ISI help PTI so that to create their own men in ISI they are adding more civilians in ISI to create a pressure group within ISI.

The army has a large number of retirees of very high calibre. They can't all keep commanding tank units. Their intelligence, creativity, and leadership can be utilized in many other departments, if they are trained for it.
Yep, go ahead and get some baba g sitting at home and appoint him head of department ---- :cheesy::cheesy:

am out of here yar ---- please don't quote me now unless there is something new to ad

They are since ex ISI Gen Pasha directly responsible for creating (means today's PTI) PTI and staging a Dharna against PMLN although he was retired when he did this but PMLN is of the opinion that ISI help PTI so that to create their own men in ISI they are adding more civilians in ISI to create a pressure group within ISI.

Kahan se le aty ho itni chussen yar? Please!!

Yep, go ahead and get some baba g sitting at home and appoint him head of department ---- :cheesy::cheesy:

am out of here yar ---- please don't quote me now unless there is something new to ad

And trust me he is right. You may see a lot of these Baba Gees in Field Operation who can't even chase or apprehend an individual yet they are hired because of the same old hiring a Military Vet Policy he is advocating :D

The Cyber Crime Department must have some objectives. If Lt. Col. is unable to lay down the high level objectives, then he is inadequate for the post. If he has the qualities of good management, he will listen to feedback from Network Professional and modify them as needed. The Professional can then translate them into implementation steps. Purchases etc. needed to be verified by the Lt Col. who will also keep close tabs on the Professional's activities.
If a person cannot understand Arabic then how can he be understand either a person speaking to him is doing tilawat or abusing him.
Suppose an outage occurred, DDOS attacked, Cyber Attack on Network, Network Professional is on annual leaves and Lt Col is leading the team can he do necessary changes to restore critical services.
A person who cannot in position to define Router, Switch, Firewall how can he be procure and purchase Data center requirement.?

In ke sui wahi a Kar rukti Hai, mai nai itney saal ghass nahi Kati,aur tume Kia pata.....
Karoo,Maroo tum Tamgha Hamara.....
It's good eventually things are improving but not before huge losses at both ends.

Military personnel are not allowed to interfere in polticial issues. PMA Oath.

full

If a person cannot understand Arabic then how can he be understand either a person speaking to him is doing tilawat or abusing him.
Suppose an outage occurred, DDOS attacked, Cyber Attack on Network, Network Professional is on annual leaves and Lt Col is leading the team can he do necessary changes to restore critical services.
A person who cannot in position to define Router, Switch, Firewall how can he be procure and purchase Data center requirement.?
Yes civilian can help them and for that they don't need even directors post since that high level post means direct operation of intelligence agencies and believe me 99% civilian would fail without military training.

Military personnel are not allowed to interfere in polticial issues. PMA Oath.

he was retired at that time. Genius

Yes civilian can help them and for that they don't need even directors post since that high level post means direct operation of intelligence agencies and believe me 99% civilian would fail without military training.
If director have no idea what is happening in the network than how will he lead the team.Suppose i am managing a team of Network Engineer and you send me to supervise a group of doctors is this a good move?

If director have no idea what is happening in the network than how will he lead the team.Suppose i am managing a team of Network Engineer and you send me to supervise a group of doctors is this a good move?
same applies to professional civilian who even don't know how to save his @ss when some nut going to hit him.
Do you know how to perform raid against armed suspects?

he was retired at that time. Genius
Those who are retired from sophisticated posts have some boundaries.

same applies to professional civilian who even don't know how to save his @ss when some nut going to hit him.
Do you know how to perform raid against armed suspects?
It will only require four weeks training which is compulsory for Assistant Directors before induction. Gun handling is easier compared to Hifi computer simulations and Cuber security.

Back
Top Bottom