What's new

ISI man on Delhi ‘suicide op’ is martyr on Pak Army’s website

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was hacking why would a hacker go through all the trouble of breaking into the server and altering just one entry, buried under literally thousands of data. Doesn't make sense one bit.

If it is data entry error - there is a notable spelling mistake there - it implies that ISPR has been utterly careless in verifying the data before making it available to the public. One would assume that such information would be checked and double checked before been published.

Whatever it is, damage has already been done. If ISPR now claims it to be data entry error, they would look like fools. If ISPR claims that it was hack attack, they would look like fools. If they remove the entry altogether it will raise more eyebrows than it is now, and they would look like fools.

Well thats nuts too...

But people are not talking sense here. They are saying one of the most secure servers of Pakistan got hacked. This info is behind many firewalls and any tom dick harry hacker cannot barge in do the same. And if it was so then by now all ISI agents in India would have been in compromised by now. This data on either side is kept very secure about the agents either dead or alive not on some website which just has another mysql database.

If the website of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) can be hacked then why not this one, and y wud any ISI agents be compromise, as such details are not provided in open websites

If it was hacking why would a hacker go through all the trouble of breaking into the server and altering just one entry, buried under literally thousands of data. Doesn't make sense one bit.

If it is data entry error - there is a notable spelling mistake there - it implies that ISPR has been utterly careless in verifying the data before making it available to the public. One would assume that such information would be checked and double checked before been published.

Whatever it is, damage has already been done. If ISPR now claims it to be data entry error, they would look like fools. If ISPR claims that it was hack attack, they would look like fools. If they remove the entry altogether it will raise more eyebrows than it is now, and they would look like fools.
Why would they look like fools if it was a hack attack? It happens to the best of us... Attend a IS Security class and it would start off by telling you the most secure system is only that which is:

1) Disconnected
2) Switched off
3) Unassembled
4) Buried 10 ft under the ground.

It is also not very usable.

If the website of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) can be hacked then why not this one, and y wud any ISI agents be compromise, as such details are not provided in open websites
List was put up, as an effort to recognize the fallen and document them. It was in the news.

Defacing the site is another issue, list is a simple listing with 4-5 fields about how so and so died. You can mess with the script and hard-code some text.

see the thing is what PCA did to CBI was that they just got access to the server using sql injection. once they had that they were able to upload webpages but had no access to database or existing webpages. its not that easy to fully root the server. the site of cbi which was hacked was just information portal which just gives announcements and was not even running on government server if i am not wrong.

As Asim suggested scripting can do that. well for that also one would need the root to server. and once the server is rooted that means the complete database is in control. so if that was the case many things would have been compromised.

To me it seems like a genuine case of data upload mistake where in some data has been mistakenly uploaded for a field agent who died during operation due to illness

Thats how we are... We live and die for these cheap laughs at each other's expense. However I'm surprised that the Indian General jumped in so early into the proverbial maidaan and commenting on mentality and intentions and so on.

Are we frens are we? :cheesy:
There was another thread where people were claiming us to be the biggest enemy ... :tdown:
so flowers are not expected from the enemy :no:

Why would they look like fools if it was a hack attack?
Because it would imply that ISPR wasn't even aware of such hack attack and it took a news agency from across the border, to realise that they have been had.

I seriously doubt though, that it was a hack attack.

yaar this hacking theory is just lame. If some sh!t comes out of TOI tomorrow we can also come up with a theory that it got jacked....:lol:

Because it would imply that ISPR wasn't even aware of such hack attack and it took a news agency from across the border, to realise that they have been had.

:))) actually we are surprised that Indians' wishful thinking is now dominating their day dreaming too because they are turning everything into ISI lolzz

There is not much wrong with the entry what is wrong is that Indian implying wrongly that a uniformed lance naik from Engr corps is ISI man lolzzz

whenever Indians start blabbering about ISI we can easily assume they have heaps of shyt which never get end and will get pouring like second third forth janum

whenever Indians start blabbering about ISI we can easily assume they have heaps of shyt which never get end and will get pouring like second third forth janum

website yours, server yours, desh yours, information yours, publishers yours and blame on us :lol: ...

well people with single janam get so frustrated and they keep blabbering about handling multiple janams :rofl:

:))) actually we are surprised that Indians' wishful thinking is now dominating their day dreaming too because they are turning everything into ISI lolzz

There is not much wrong with the entry what is wrong is that Indian implying wrongly that a uniformed lance naik from Engr corps is ISI man lolzzz

im sorry but it says ...
HQ.30 Corps/Dte Gen ISI....

@Jana

Can't you ask some of your journalist friends in Delhi to go to Gangaram Hospital and confirm that this person died on the mentioned date? Show his photograph around. I'm sure the hospital keeps a photo on the records of all the deceased. Will clear a lot of confusion here.

lol i don't understand whats the issue Pakistan army also published the names of Kargil martyrs and he was a spy not suicide bomber and its a job of every intelligence agency to conduct covert operations inside enemy territory its happens all over the world.

Indian members twisting the story because they know indians intelligence agencies are failed and incompetent like any other Indian institution they failed to identify ISI suspect even after his death new Dehli hospital.:chilli:

ISI rocks.:smokin:

Actually through SQL Injection you get access to database, not the files.

I don't want to go into detail of this since we are in the business of stopping these sort of attacks on us too, but the thing is first database gets compromised, through it certain passwords get known and through those filesystem gets compromised.

Not a hard and fast rule but thats the generic hierarchy of events when simply made websites get hacked.

SQL injection is the primary bug that has always existed on web applications and it is no surprise that it happened in a .net application where generally there isn't any use of binded variables.

Even I have stated that its probably not a hacking attack otherwise PA would've immediately said so. They admitted to 36 websites what's one more?

I think the patient died in New Delhi getting renal treatment. You know so many Pakistanis go to India for treatment as it is better and 4 times cheaper as well.

Only part then confusing is the "Suicide Attack".

lol i don't understand whats the issue Pakistan army also published the names of Kargil martyrs and he was a spy not suicide bomber and its a job of every intelligence agency to conduct covert operations inside enemy territory its happens all over the world.

Indian members twisting the story because they know indians intelligence agencies are failed and incompetent like any other Indian institution they failed to identify ISI suspect even after his death new Dehli hospital.:chilli:

ISI rocks.:smokin:

Its just that PA and GOP deny that they export these perishable (spies, suicide bombers etc to J&K and rest of India) commodities as a matter of policy.An admission of truth will close this thread faster than you can say 'Blink'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom