What's new

ISI aiding taliban or maintaining contacts?

Look pot calling the kettle black...haha

Last time i checked, Pakistan isn't bombing Afghanistan, killing innocents indiscriminately, and occupying it, my friend

now that might be true in direct sense, but the continued support and provisions for safe haven to the taliban by ISI has ensured their survival and growth in strength in face of NATO action in afghanistan. There is no denying that these elements are indiscriminate in their killings with anything and everything that their doped minds find irritating being termed anti-islam and being given as reason for a killing. now Pakistan may not be bombing the area, but it is supporting the worst kind of genocide there.

At least Pakistanis know who their neigbours are and can differentiate Taliban from the tribals ;)

and at the same time proclaim talibanis as tribals too ...... the intermixing of the two is so deep that you cant differentiate one from another .......

Mr. A Rehman, its easier said sitting in a western nation. Get back into Pakistan and see what is happening to the society there as a result of this talibani movement which has now shifted focus to cities like Karachi, Lahore and others. Even MQM has expressed danger of Talibanisation on BBC and they are taking steps to check it in Karachi .... I guess sitting in a safe country like Canada and not being asked to tie your pyjama upto your shin and enjoying all the civil amenities that a free society allows has clouded your judgement .....

I googled ISI :) so the Pakistanian intelligence agency is helping its enemies? Kinda doesn't make sense rite?

ARahman is making me very angry. Maybe he ought to leave Canada and put his #(%*&% to better use in Afghanistan.

So whoever doesn't agree with US foreign policy should leave the West?

Seems like Bush succeeded in brainwashing some Americans with his good vs evil speeches.

Mr. A Rehman, its easier said sitting in a western nation. Get back into Pakistan and see what is happening to the society there as a result of this talibani movement which has now shifted focus to cities like Karachi, Lahore and others. Even MQM has expressed danger of Talibanisation on BBC and they are taking steps to check it in Karachi .... I guess sitting in a safe country like Canada and not being asked to tie your pyjama upto your shin and enjoying all the civil amenities that a free society allows has clouded your judgement .....

So you sitting in India would know exactly whats happening in Pakistan?

MQM has its own agenda, they dont like it when Pashtuns and Punjabis settle in Karachi so thats why they create this taliban scare :rolleyes:

No one in Lahore is worried about a taliban takeover of the city. People in Lahore know that will never happen.

Read A Rahman's posts.

He's clearly an enemy of the U.N. mission. That includes, of course, the country he lives in-Canada. He's the enemy of their soldiers. Do you think the taliban distinguish their targets on this matter? I sure don't. They, in fact, seem eager to kill Canadian soldiers. Especially so. Nobody's army has suffered more by it's size than the Canadian army.

I'd sure not be happy to have my son die in Afghanistan and Mr. Rahman's attitude next door to mine.

And I'd sure not live in such a nation were I Mr. Rahman. My conscience couldn't abide living among the heinous enemy against whom I cheer the taliban may kill.

He should be ashamed of himself. You too if you feel the same way about the Canadian mission in Kandahar.

JMHO.

Thanks.:)
Let me tell you what I am ashamed about first and foremost, it's Canada's participation in this unjust and nefarious neo-con war that the Canadians have been deliberately blackmailed into. The Taliban might be your enemy for various reasons but they clearly have nothing to do with Canadians. They never attacked Canada, kidnapped our civilians, or done anything before this war, so why should I as a Canadian, support a war against someone that has simply no beef with me?

I can assure you that A. Rehman is not the only one, infact vast majority of the Canadians do not support war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

You're clearly twisting A. Rehman's words around. I skimmed through his posts and nowhere he supports the murder of Canadian soldiers, anywhere.

Speaking against the neo-cons wars and Canada's "forced" participation in Afghanistan is not synonymous to seeking the death our brave soldiers.

Seems like Bush succeeded in brainwashing some Americans with his good vs evil speeches.

oh no that is in reply to Mr Rehman making a statement of supporting Taliban actively ......:lol:

some posts for Mr. Rehman

FRONTLINE/World: Election 2008 - The World is Watching: Taliban Goes After Media | PBS

Pak police crack down on Taliban hideout

these are just few ... if you google am sure you shall find more ..... majority of the intellectuals in pakistan realise the danger of this cancer spreading for they are in direct line of threat ..... so they are doing something about it .....

Here's some reading for you on MQM....there's no Taliban takeover in Karachi, MQM is just afraid that Pashtuns will become the majority ethnic group in Karachi.

Go to this thread:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/nation...s-causing-chaos-karachi-trouble-pakistan.html

If he disagrees with US policy, nobody would have any problems. Let me tell you that most Americans have reservations about our being in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

But that's now what I'm on about. He seems to be more concerned about his own damned religious duties or some religious war to defeat his own country of residence.

That's why I think that he would be far more useful in Afghanistan. I'll help you out incase you forgot his post:

Pakistan should have supported Taliban insurgency since the beginning, We shouldn't have let US establish strong foothold in Afghanistan.

Anyway, better late then never.

We have engineered fall of the communist big bear in past, InshAllah this capitalistic war machine would also be laid to rest.

Read A Rahman's posts.

He's clearly an enemy of the U.N. mission. That includes, of course, the country he lives in-Canada. He's the enemy of their soldiers. Do you think the taliban distinguish their targets on this matter? I sure don't. They, in fact, seem eager to kill Canadian soldiers. Especially so. Nobody's army has suffered more by it's size than the Canadian army.

I'd sure not be happy to have my son die in Afghanistan and Mr. Rahman's attitude next door to mine.

And I'd sure not live in such a nation were I Mr. Rahman. My conscience couldn't abide living among the heinous enemy against whom I cheer the taliban may kill.

He should be ashamed of himself. You too if you feel the same way about the Canadian mission in Kandahar.

JMHO.

Thanks.:)
This is a US mentality. You got to tow the government line otherwise you're a traitor.

One can always call their government's actions illegal, unjust and raise a voice against it to support a change in the way the government operates. This is freedom of speech. Do you want take away the liberties of speaking against the War on Terror? Would you rather see those who oppose fight you rather than talk against you?

Perhaps that would suit you, since you get a target to blow things up :P

With all due respect to your perverse notions of "freedom of expression", THIS expression by Mr. Rahman-

"Pakistan should have supported Taliban insurgency since the beginning, We shouldn't have let US establish strong foothold in Afghanistan.

Anyway, better late then never."

makes clear his eagerness to support the taliban insurgency, late or otherwise. I understand his words clearly and so do you. This is a mission supported by the government of the nation in which he lives. TODAY their soldiers are there fighting and, quite possibly, dying as they have on behalf of Afghanistan and the U.N.

Don't dissemble this terribly harsh reality about Mr. Rahman's words. They are the words of an avowed supporter of the taliban insurgency and you'd damn well better understand what that means in blood and guts.

US warns Pakistan on Taleban link
BBC NEWS | World | South Asia | US warns Pakistan on Taleban link
The US military says it has evidence elements within Pakistan's military intelligence, the ISI, continue to provide support for the Taleban.
Officials said that this support for militants had to end.
The chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff said the ISI had links with militants on both Pakistan's borders with Afghanistan and India.
US President Barack Obama has announced a new strategy for the "increasingly perilous" situation in Afghanistan.
He said an extra 4,000 US personnel would train and bolster the Afghan army and police, and he would also provide support for civilian development.

'Very damaging'

Two senior figures in the US military have spoken about the links they believe exist between elements in Pakistan's Directorate for Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and Taleban and al-Qaeda militants.

"There are certainly indications that's the case," said Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, in a CNN interview.
"Fundamentally that's one of the things that has to change."
In another interview, the head of the US Central Command, General David Petraeus, said some of the militant groups had been established by the ISI and that their links continued.
He said there was evidence that "in the fairly recent past" the ISI had tipped off militants when their positions were in danger.
"It's a topic that is of enormous importance, because if there are links and if those continue and if it undermines the operations [against militants], obviously that would be very damaging to the kind of trust that we need to build," said Gen Petraeus in a PBS interview.

Wearing thin

American officials, speaking anonymously to the New York Times, have given more detail.

They said the strengthening Taleban campaign in southern Afghanistan was being made possible by military supplies from Pakistan.

The newspaper said electronic surveillance and informants had shown that the level of co-operation was deeper and more extensive than earlier thought.
Pakistani leaders have publically denied any links with the militants.
The BBC's Charles Scanlon says patience in Washington appears to be wearing thin.

'New strategy'

On Friday US President Barack Obama said growing radical forces in Afghanistan and the border area in Pakistan posed the greatest threat to the American people and the world.
Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari said it would strengthen democracy in his country, while the Afghan government said Mr Obama had recognised that the al-Qaeda threat came mainly from Pakistan, and that it was a regional problem.
President Obama said his "comprehensive new strategy" was an outcome of a "careful policy review" in which military commanders and diplomats, regional governments, partners, Nato allies, NGOs and aid organisations were consulted.

He said American strategy must relate directly to the threat posed to the Americans by al-Qaeda and its allies - who, he reminded his listeners, were behind the 9/11 attacks on American soil eight years ago.
But he said targeting al-Qaeda was not only in the interests of American people, but populations around the world and Afghans themselves.

"This is not simply an American problem. Far from it," Mr Obama said.
"It is instead an international security challenge of the highest order."
In Pakistan, Mr Obama said American help would be needed to go after al-Qaeda, which Mr Obama admitted was "no simple task".

BBC NEWS | World | South Asia | US warns Pakistan on Taleban link

Last edited:
That is an unreadable-grammatically disastrous and a too-long format that strains the eyes while absolutely muddling the message.

More proof that english is a foreign language to Americans.

Thanks for your prompt attention to this matter from one American to another.:usflag:

That is an unreadable-grammatically disastrous and a too-long format that strains the eyes while absolutely muddling the message.

More proof that english is a foreign language to Americans.

Thanks for your prompt attention to this matter from one American to another.:usflag:

My apologies. I'm kinda new at this. :)

So you sitting in India would know exactly whats happening in Pakistan?

I think what is happening in Pakistan today is there for world to see and majority of the world is agreed that the spread of taliban today is INTO pakistan and as more and more countries understand the problem, their line is coming in tune with what India has maintained over past 2 decades. That Pakistan is actively supporting such elements and although now the GoP is actively working against them, the inherent fact is that even GoP is not able to control elements who are so fixed in their obsession with India, that they cant see the iminent threat to Pakistan itself from such radicalised elements.

MQM has its own agenda, they dont like it when Pashtuns and Punjabis settle in Karachi so thats why they create this taliban scare :rolleyes:

That maybe so, but there is no denying the fact of spread of the same elements as pointed out. You cant make a ghost into a real threat until and unless there is .... its highlighted by Pakistan media also from time to time.

No one in Lahore is worried about a taliban takeover of the city. People in Lahore know that will never happen

They may not be worried overtly but the threat is there - the recent attack on SL team there and subsequent CCTV footage of the strike team leaving the area without any hurry or worry in a supposedly high alert region of the city (and this after supposedly Interior Ministry had info abt RAW planning attack) where not even a single police man was viewed nor any elements of security forces swung into action upon the attack. Now if you mean to say that RAW did this also, then kudos to RAW for getting even Pakistan Police and allied security forces in grip as not one person has been arrested from original attacking group

Also Pakistan has become synonymous with daily attacks/suicide bombings - the recent one near Jamrud being such an instance. With the terror groups striking at will the ordinary Pakistani is being deluded by playing RAW card. RAW can not penetrate so much into Pakistani security structure until and unless you mean to say the Prime Minister, President, COAS and DG-ISI are RAW plants in which case this is very much possible ........ the only reason for such acts of terror with impunity is assurance of getting away from law enforcement agencies action which points to the fact elements within Pakistani security apparatus are working in tandem with the said groups ......

There is definite shift in US strategy for Afghanistan and central Asia.

From recent US move it was conceded that US can not win with its strategy. Entry and exit route to central Asia was very much closed by recent Russian move and specially after war started by Georgia.

But US neither did give up on Afghanistan nor did give up on plan for Pakistan dismemberment. But in new strategy US intensifying its pressure by inviting india in grander scale. CIA chief recent visit to Delhi make more sense now.

US is also dangling carrot in front of Iran to use its land and influence in Afghanistan. Iran ambassador already met NATO officials in Europe.

All these play (if successful) will serve US well for few other schemes. It will open door for US to infiltrate in Iran and implement the regime change. This ultimately will allow US to dictate terms in gulf and in greater degree on central Asian affairs.

If Iran falls for US-Indian ploy it will not only dig the hole for its regime but also will make way for US scheme in the region.

Pakistan needs to change its strategy as well and make sure Iranian understands what eventuality US and India stored for them. It would be interesting what China and Russia do in this changing scenario.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom