What's new

Ishihara rattles saber against China

I think now it is time Japan considers to produce nuclear weapons before it is too late.
What would defend Japan if the US unexpectedly pulls out Asia Pacific?

It means if the US undertakes to defend Japan against any nuclear attack into Japan, then your assumption (China nuked Tokyo) will never happen.

But Japan is a signatory of the NPT. They can't get nuclear weapons basically.

But Japan is a signatory of the NPT. They can't get nuclear weapons basically.

Early stage, they can do it in secret. Japan completely affords the technology to produce nuclear weapons quickly.
Japan has 3/5 near neighbours (except S.Korea and Taiwan) who have own nuclear weapons.

This example singularly shows that mentally the Chinese people are more preoccupied with hospitality where Vietnamese may be more preoccupied with hostility.

In fact, Chinese textbooks may not dramatize the Sino-Viet wars, but Chinese history books are open for everyone to study, learn and/or criticize, where those wars are there. Moreover, Vietnamese learn those history war stories from nowhere but the Chinese history books.

Back to the topic.

Maybe we should start to regret that there were only 2 nucks dropped in Japan but not more?

Vietnamese textbooks recount all the events of history (except for the invasions from 1979 to present). They were based on ancient historical books of the ancient Vietnamese. Although in the past the ancient Vietnamese used Chinese characters, but that does not mean the Vietnamese historical books were written by Chinese.

I understand why the Chinese textbooks ignored the Wars of Vietnamese fought against Chinese invaders. :coffee:

This is all for show. US knows China is a wimp and will not do anything no matter what US does.
Really? Korean War didn't wake you up from that fantasy?

I think overly nationalistic sentiment by Chinese people is actually harmful to Chinese interests in the region. It's best not to take the words of a crazy man like Ishihara too seriously.

I bet if you looked hard enough you can find someone in China equally as crazy as Ishihara, except on the other side. In fact, I bet you'll find tons more crazy than Ishihara. I mean just look at this board.

do you think the yanks and japanese will be better off? dont be naive!and vietcongs will be down with us - the whole fogging end of the world!

He forgets Vietnam is linked with China. If US is gonna nuke the eastern side imagine where the radioactive dust will be going. Ofcourse wind direction plays an important role where the dust will be spreading but it certainly won't do Korea, Japan and Vietnam any good plus the whole SCS could be contaminated. But then again these vietcongs can't think ahead and thus cheering for US retaliation if China were to nuke Japan. China doesn't have to nuke Japan to defeat them. With an expanding airforce and navy Japan is getting very worried. Don't even think Japan has the guts to enter China through the northern part as China has the largest army in the world and can easily wipe them out if they want a land war.

He forgets Vietnam is linked with China. If US is gonna nuke the eastern side imagine where the radioactive dust will be going. Ofcourse wind direction plays an important role where the dust will be spreading but it certainly won't do Korea, Japan and Vietnam any good plus the whole SCS could be contaminated. But then again these vietcongs can't think ahead and thus cheering for US retaliation if China were to nuke Japan. China doesn't have to nuke Japan to defeat them. With an expanding airforce and navy Japan is getting very worried. Don't even think Japan has the guts to enter China through the northern part as China has the largest army in the world and can easily wipe them out if they want a land war.

The japanese are going down the drains! having territorial disputes with S korea and Russia also. they cant afford a conventional war against any one of China-S Kor - Russia. The yanks are not stupid they wont involve in wars that are none of their business. Let the vietcongs cheer along!

do you think the yanks and japanese will be better off? dont be naive!and vietcongs will be down with us - the whole fogging end of the world!

Sorry, but we stay neutral from this encounter. I think our dream of Greater Vietnam would come true at the end of the day. :rofl:

You seemed to be too much screwed by Chinese. What aids Vietnam got from China are documented. It's not up to you little vietkong pussi to deny it with lies.

We should learn from the russian never give aids to vietcongs give loans instead

Sorry, but we stay neutral from this encounter. I think our dream of Greater Vietnam would come true at the end of the day. :rofl:

take side or stay neutral you vietcong is just a nobody doesnt affect anything at all

I think overly nationalistic sentiment by Chinese people is actually harmful to Chinese interests in the region. It's best not to take the words of a crazy man like Ishihara too seriously.

I bet if you looked hard enough you can find someone in China equally as crazy as Ishihara, except on the other side. In fact, I bet you'll find tons more crazy than Ishihara. I mean just look at this board.

the crazy guy is a party figurehead of the 3rd largest economy in the world

we are members of PDF!do you see the difference!?

now you sound like a used car salesman who cant meet his quota for the month!:laugh:

We should learn from the russian never give aids to vietcongs give loans instead

take side or stay neutral you vietcong is just a nobody doesnt affect anything at all

What did Mr Putin say lately?

Vietnam is one of his trusted friends and he wants to strengthen the relationship in all levels. :lol:
He just gave us 8 billion USD for the building of the first nuclear power plants. I guess we pay back in rice packets if ever. Like all the loans the Soviets provided during the wars :rofl:

What did Mr Putin say lately?

Vietnam is one of his trusted friends and he wants to strengthen the relationship in all levels. :lol:
He just gave us 8 billion USD for the building of the first nuclear power plants. I guess we pay back in rice packets if ever. Like all the loans the Soviets provided during the wars :rofl:

yes give loans to vietcongs never give aids

The fact that a prominent politician in Japan is openly advocating such views that would have been a taboo subject not so long ago is an ominous sign. The fact that he suffer no ill effect politically either domestic or international is also another sign. The fact that Japanese politicians is falling over each other competing for more and more nationalistic rhetoric is also a sign.
Can you imagine a prominent German politician standing on a election platform openly advocating similar views? That would have spell the ends of his/her political career. At the very least, he/she would be condemn and request to apologize publicly.
The Japanese politician are leading their citizenry down a dangerous path. The only country that could do something is US. But I don't think anybody is holding their breath on that one. In fact, it is obvious that the Japanese politician is testing American tolerance, and so far it look likes they are given a free hand.

the crazy guy is a party figurehead of the 3rd largest economy in the world

we are members of PDF!do you see the difference!?

True, but the fact remains China should act according to China's own interests. There are good moves, and there are dumb moves in geopolitics. Blind nationalism without an end goal is a dumb move. Being reactive, rather than active, is a dumb move.

When you move, you should be ready to finish it to the end. Otherwise, don't move at all.

Here's how to be ACTIVE: China should have a foreign policy response prepared and ready for EVERY OCCASION. Over the past couple of years the Chinese foreign policy has been unpredictable and incoherent. They could've done a lot better than they have. In fact, the entire "US Pivot" was brought upon by miscalculations at the incompetent Foreign policy ministry in China. Yang Jiechi is the only one who knows what he's doing. Everyone else at the ministry is a bumbling idiot.

The fact that a prominent politician in Japan is openly advocating such views that would have been a taboo subject not so long ago is an ominous sign. The fact that he suffer no ill effect politically either domestic or international is also another sign. The fact that Japanese politicians is falling over each other competing for more and more nationalistic rhetoric is also a sign.
Can you imagine a prominent German politician standing on a election platform openly advocating similar views? That would have spell the ends of his/her political career. At the very least, he/she would be condemn and request to apologize publicly.
The Japanese politician are leading their citizenry down a dangerous path. The only country that could do something is US. But I don't think anybody is holding their breath on that one. In fact, it is obvious that the Japanese politician is testing American tolerance, and so far it look likes they are given a free hand.

Agreed. It's an ominous sign, and the future for Japan looks worrying if right wing politicians continue to poison and control the political climate amongst the 2 countries.

That's why I'm saying, take the power out of the those politicians. Don't react to them. The more you react and saber-rattle, the more you *HELP* those politicians. Ishihara is by far the happiest guy out there over the latest spats between Japan and China. He's using this to get Noda out of the way and install a even more conservative party. If you treat him like the mental patient he is, he will lose credibility and disappear.

Sometimes the best response is no response at all. Just a dry statement like the Chinese ministries have always done.

When the time is ripe, China will take back what is rightfully hers. But right now, a war of words not only does not help, it actively hurts. There is no way to take back Diaoyutai right now. Period. Deal with it until China is stronger.

Back
Top Bottom