asad71

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
aangirfan: 'RUSSIA SHOT DOWN TWO US MISSILES'

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2013

'RUSSIA SHOT DOWN TWO US MISSILES'

Reportedly, on 3 September 2013, Russia shot down two US ballistic missiles that were heading towards the Syrian coast, allegedly 'in the direction of Damascus'.

"The trajectory of these objects goes from the central part of the Mediterranean Sea toward the eastern part of the Mediterranean coast," Interfax news agency quoted a Russian spokesman as saying.

Russia detects ballistic launch in Mediterranean

On 3 September, Israel said it was unaware of any ballistic missile launch being conducted in the eastern Mediterranean.

"We are not aware, at this time, of such an event having occurred," a military spokeswoman in Jerusalem said.

Russia detects ballistic launch in Mediterranean; Israel denies

Rota Naval Base in Spain has been used by the USA's ballistic missile submarines.

The missiles were reportedly fired from Spain, or, from the central part of the Mediterranean.

Truth of US-Russia Confrontation

"The launches were detected by the ballistic missile early warning system in Armavir in southern Russia, the defence ministry said in a statement quoted by Russian news agencies."

Ballistic missiles launched in central part of the Mediterranean towards Syrian coast / Russia's anti-air-missile-radars registered two ballistic launches in the Mediterranean

Reportedly, Russia shot down the missiles.

Then Russia went on war alert and sent a stiff warning to US intelligence.

The UK House of Commons fairly swiftly voted against war.

There is a discussion of the issue here: Did Russia Actually Shoot Down Those Missiles?

i dont believe that, too many egos involved for something like that to happen and no follow up

I don't think Obama will back down, I just think that the Congress is a bit reluctant on the issue.

Russia did not shot them. It just noticed the launches. It may well be that it was a Western test of the new Russian radar stations.

The body languages of both John Kerry and Sergei Lavrov, seems both are good friends and laugh anything, Arabs were screwed up.

259587-130914-john-kerry.jpg

ap_john_kerry_sergei_lavrov_ll_130809_16x9_992.jpg

john-kerry-sergei-lavrov.jpg

179702863.jpg

John-Kerry-and--Sergei-La-010.jpg

kerry-lavrov.jpg

images

US-Secretary-of-State-John-Kerry-left-and-Russian-Foreign-Minister-Sergei-Lavrov-addressing-journalists-in-Moscow-after-agreeing-to-work-on-convening-an-international-conference-to-find-a-political-solution-to-the-Syrian-conflic-960x540.jpg

AR-305219982.jpg&MaxW=460&imageVersion=default

[Bregs];4771571 said:
Obama has backed down certainly

US and Russia in landmark deal on Syria's chemical weapons - Hindustan Times

with the strong opposition from congress, american public, Britain and above all Russia

It will be very interesting to see the US backing down. The last time the US backed down from attacking hostile state was the Cuban missile crisis…

The body languages of both John Kerry and Sergei Lavrov, seems both are good friends and laugh anything, Arabs were screwed up.

If the US is going to do it, then fine, if not then I guess the ascending power of the rebels will continue fighting Assad till his bones collapses.

It will be very interesting to see the US backing down. The last time the US backed down from attacking hostile state was the Cuban missile crisis…

If the US is going to do it, then fine, if not then I guess the ascending power of the rebels will continue fighting Assad till his bones collapses.

The tide has shifted in Syrian governments favour on the ground. The rebels are on a loosing streak and in terminal decline.
Ottherwise the USA would have not been so desperate to threaten with military attack against Assad.

it is disappointing but FSA rebels wouldn't stop fighting to bring down Assad except Chemical which will be monitored by international forces.

I would argue not. Just today, 3 main conflicts resulted into a massive casualties on Assad's side.
The tide has shifted in Syrian governments favour on the ground. The rebels are on a loosing streak and in terminal decline.
Ottherwise the USA would have not been so desperate to threaten with military attack against Assad.

Since last year, the US said the use of chemical weapons is a red line. Therefore, we can't conclude that the US is going to interfere to do this and that.

I don't think it is disappointing really. The Russians can't bail Assad out; his economy is shrinking. They can't afford to buy weapons and food.
it is disappointing but FSA rebels wouldn't stop fighting to bring down Assad except Chemical which will be monitored by international forces.

Those pictures make Kerry look seriously pleased. I bet he's just thrilled he doesn't have to try selling that turd of a battle plan anymore.

Back
Top Bottom