What's new

Is the right equipment being bought?

su-47

Reaction score
Now we have all seen how india and pakistan are acquiring new fighters, submarines, frigates, tanks and other defence equipment. Whenever i see news or proposal of some new acquisition by either country, i always wonder, "Why are they buying all this when their soldiers are fighting terrorists and dying everyday?"

Its as if india and pakistan are too busy spending money on advanced equipment for a war with each other that seems unlikely, rather than spending it on better body armour and infantry support weapons which would help in the low-intensity war that their soldiers are going through right now. It would only cost a fraction of what we spend on tanks and planes and ships, but it will save more lives and kill more real enemies, who are the terrorists.

I am not saying that tanks, planes and ships arent important, but that the governments should cut back some of those purchases and redrect those funds to get better equipment for the troops who are actually fighting at this moment.

yes i agree with u...they need to make infantry soldiers better equiped so that they can fight the low intensity war against the militants

In my opinion as proud as I am of the Pakistan Army I hope one day we can live side by side with all of our neighbors, including India. In my opinion all this money which has been going into defence for the last 60 years could of been used to better the lives of our people.

Su-47 Very true. Pakistan & India should fight this War of Militancy, because the people of either country does not want our two countries to go at war again. We should develop our security against Militancy and take care of our Economy.

Back
Top Bottom