What's new

Is the Libyan crackdown reminiscent of 1989 to you guys?

ao333

Reaction score
Country
Canada
For the record, the Chinese government decided to roll over its people 22 years ago. The Libyans are doing the same today but with the addition of airstrikes.

Do you guys sympathize with the Lybians believing that the rolling has to stop and the government steps down?

Or do you guys feel that the rolling is necessary to restore stability and national unity (if any)?

For the record, the Chinese government decided to roll over its people 22 years ago. The Libyans are doing the same today but with the addition of airstrikes.

Do you guys sympathize with the Lybians believing that the rolling has to stop and the government steps down?

Or do you guys feel that the rolling is necessary to restore stability and national unity (if any)?

No, because:

1. 20 years after the 1989 incident, it has been proved by history that China picked the right direction.
If you compare Russia/USSR with China, two nations picked very different directions at that time, and the consequences are also vastly different.

Without the 1989 incident, you won't see me posting here because China would just end up with a democratic loser -- like india.

2. Chinese government never decided to roll over its people. All lives lost during the night of 4th June 1989 were all unfortunate, but their sacrifice allowed 22 years continuous development. Are we going to see the same in Libya or Canada? I don't think so.

now stop troll, spend more time to kick your over paid politicians to deliver more results. e.g. how about just build the same high speed railway for your people?

1989 was not a CIA plot. Corruption was rampant in Chinese government and inflation was putting a heavy burden on people. They had legitimate demands in which to bring to the government. While they were power hungry, I would say the student leaders did not start working with United States until after the crackdown. They may have been influenced by American ideals, but I very much doubt they were living on American paycheques as they do today.

If there was no discontent, the people would not have been manipulated so easily. The communist party should examine its own policies and problems to address the root causes instead of blaming foreigners.

No, because:

1. 20 years after the 1989 incident, it has been proved by history that China picked the right direction.
If you compare Russia/USSR with China, two nations picked very different directions at that time, and the consequences are also vastly different.

Without the 1989 incident, you won't see me posting here because China would just end up with a democratic loser -- like india.

2. Chinese government never decided to roll over its people. All lives lost during the night of 4th June 1989 were all unfortunate, but their sacrifice allowed 22 years continuous development. Are we going to see the same in Libya or Canada? I don't think so.

now stop troll, spend more time to kick your over paid politicians to deliver more results. e.g. how about just build the same high speed railway for your people?

Calling India loser, makes you a TROLL. Yeah, if you take pride in rolling your compatriots with tanks all the power to you.

Do not even bring Canada to discussion, the Standard of living in Canada is heads an shoulders above China. That is why we have too many wise-guy Chinese hardcore guys emitting their "intelligent posts" from Canada.

Gaddafi is an American puppet. The revolution is anti-US.

The correct analogy would be the KMT/CCP conflict where a peasant revolution overthrew the USA-backed KMT.

Similarities, but not parallels by a long stretch in my opinion, for one thing China doesn't have a family that runs this country and power changes hands every 10 years.

I was too young to understand the tiananmen square events then, but I'm now friends with some people who were students protesting in the square at the time, from all their different accounts/recollections they all pointed to one thing -- the student leaders (chai ling, Wuer kaixi etc) were quite hungry for fame, these "leaders" didn't have many coherent visions between them of what they wanted from the government, and whenever there were student discussions these (self-promoted) leaders were those who can pound their fists on the table hardest, shout from the bottom of their chests loudest and never back down from arguments types, you know, ego-maniacs. No wonder why they couldn't reach an agreement between themselves and kept on changing their demands :lol:

The way I see it, I'm glad those guys didn't get into power, god knows what China would turn out to be had they succeeded.

1989 was not a CIA plot. Corruption was rampant in Chinese government and inflation was putting a heavy burden on people. They had legitimate demands in which to bring to the government. While they were power hungry, I would say the student leaders did not start working with United States until after the crackdown. They may have been influenced by American ideals, but I very much doubt they were living on American paycheques as they do today.

If there was no discontent, the people would not have been manipulated so easily. The communist party should examine its own policies and problems to address the root causes instead of blaming foreigners.

Chai Ling can escape from the army surrounded, through half of Beijing, fled to the USA Embassy.
If there are no CIA help, she can do that? Chai Ling is not Rambo!

This isn't a protest anymore so much as a civil war for all intents and purposes.

Don't think it can be compared to 1989 because Gaddafi has cracked down harder, the people havn't fled, and a viable military force apparently existed to take away control of most of the country from the ones dropping bombs on protestors.

Depends on the sort of discontent we are talking about. If it is about China's internal situation, then it's mostly to do with internal causes. On the other hand, some forms of discontent is ideological. It is this ideological discontent which is directly instilled, encouraged, propagandized and financed by hostile foreign forces who use China's non-ideological internal problems to stir wider discontent in pursuit of these foreign ideological goals. This became common knowledge in China by the 1990s, because of the resultant backlash from regular Chinese, and has since gained enduring recognition within mainstream Chinese society.

Nowadays, the CIA is definitely involved in covert anti-government operations in China. It may or may not have been true in 1989 although....EXTREMELY UNLIKELY...since the CIA had operations in China since the 1950s. Support of the Dalai Lama and separatist Tibetan forces was the most famous among CIA operations in China. Nowadays, CIA operations are usually no longer conducted directly through them. Instead, the CIA funds sister organizations such as the NED (National Endowment for Democracy), Freedom House and a large number of NGOs (Non-Governmental Organizations) that carry out their operations in plain sight because they are protected under the umbrella of being non-governmental. :what: This is how most of the color revolutions were supported and financed.

Chai Ling can escape from the army surrounded, through half of Beijing, fled to the USA Embassy.
If there are no CIA help, she can do that? Chai Ling is not Rambo!
Plenty of people successfully sneak into foreign embassies in Beijing, so that must mean they were all working for spies?

Plenty of people successfully sneak into foreign embassies in Beijing, so that must mean they were all working for spies?

Let's not bicker about whether she was on the payroll at the time. The important thing is we agree that Chai Ling is a power hungry cunt that would have ruined China.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom