What's new

IS recruiting thousands in Pakistan, govt warned in 'secret' report

this national attitude of denial have brought 1/3 of karachi in Taliban control ..! knowing this national attitude no surprised how so very successfully IS to recruited so many.

I am bigger anti everything in Pakistan then you could ever be, my point was different so reply when you understand what i say.

sometime a sentence may start with a "no" but you must read on to get the point

In all areas the fanatics and terrorists are working together. Instead on the other hand our nations are involved in fighting amongst themselves. Iran Pakistan Afghanistan, none of the three nations have good relations much less they have no clue or no will to support each other in the war on terror.

A shocking difference in interests lies here. Pakistanis have an interest to block attacks against their own country Pakistan. The groups we are against are the TTP, Jundullah, LEJ, Mehsud Taliban, Jamaat Ul Ahrar. The Iranians stand against Jundullah and LEJ, Afghanistan has an interest in defeating the Haqqani network, Hekmatyar, Gul Bahadur and Bahawal Khan (successor to Nazir)

This contradiction of enemies is the reason we are incapable of uniting and facing terrorism together. There are also TTP bases in Kunar and Nuristan. We need to work together to defeat terror. But currently each nation is working alone, unlike the militant groups.

if we were to go after groups they will pop again with a new name for eg SSP is now ASWJ there are few other examples .. ideally the action should be narrowed down to religious extremists , all indivisuals are well know

I am bigger anti everything in Pakistan then you could ever be, my point was different so reply when you understand what i say.

sometime a sentence may start with a "no" but you must read on to get the point

govt of baluchistan doesnt even know who is living in their governor house let alone they know all this.

^^ this is what you said sorry i may have comprehension issues can you please define what exactly you mean by this

They've recruited 12000 and the ISI didn't know? They are touted by Pakistanis as one of the best intel agencies in the world! So what were they doing when this recruitment was in full swing? This is an intel lapse of galactic proportions if true.

I think this report is a gross exaggeration.
what if some of the terrorist organizations which are already operating in Pakistan have given support to ISIS. I believe then the number will add up. al qaeda has almost vanished and Pakistan has controlled Pakistani Taliban to a good extent. Smaller groups which were earlier under AQ/Taliban might switch to ISIS. So may be these are not new terrorist recuits but just new to ISIS.

In all areas the fanatics and terrorists are working together. Instead on the other hand our nations are involved in fighting amongst themselves. Iran Pakistan Afghanistan, none of the three nations have good relations much less they have no clue or no will to support each other in the war on terror.

A shocking difference in interests lies here. Pakistanis have an interest to block attacks against their own country Pakistan. The groups we are against are the TTP, Jundullah, LEJ, Mehsud Taliban, Jamaat Ul Ahrar. The Iranians stand against Jundullah and LEJ, Afghanistan has an interest in defeating the Haqqani network, Hekmatyar, Gul Bahadur and Bahawal Khan (successor to Nazir)

This contradiction of enemies is the reason we are incapable of uniting and facing terrorism together. There are also TTP bases in Kunar and Nuristan. We need to work together to defeat terror. But currently each nation is working alone, unlike the militant groups.

Couldn't agree more but from an Indian perspective I have some additional views.
What about LET, JEM, IM etc and other groups that operate in Kashmir. I strongly believe that Pakistan will let them operate from their territory even if it reduces the support. These organizations will require another layer of corrupt officials, religious extermists etc. Pakistani youths will be used by these organizations. So, it is not going to be simple for Pakistan to control this mess.

Fataites being morons again and backing terrorists. Don't these people ever learn?

Thats it, line up the recruits on a firing squad now.

Chalo. Congrats that Pakistan has finally entered the stage of becoming the base of Islam as dreamt by Quaid E Azam which U guyz always wanted so badly. After All thats the only way of Identity separation from India. Rite? Correct me if Wrong.

You are free; you are free to go to your temples. You are free to go to your mosques or to any other places of worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion, caste or creed --that has nothing to do with the business of the State. (Presidential Address to the Constituent Assembly of Pakistan on 11th August, 1947.)

Hey Indian troll, I found a quote for you of Quaid e Azam,
so where is the Base of Islam part?

Mubashir Zaidi
Updated about 3 hours ago
- AFP/File photo

KARACHI: The provincial government of Balochistan has conveyed a confidential report to the federal government and law enforcement agencies warning of increased footprints of militant organisation Islamic State (IS), also known by the Arabic acronym Daish, in Pakistan.

Copy of govt memo
http://i.dawn.com/primary/2014/11/545deb03328e4.jpg?r=1510293827

The Balochistan's government report to the federal government.
The ‘secret information report', a copy of which is available with DawnNews, is dated October 31, and states that IS has claimed to have recruited a massive 10 to 12,000 followers from the Hangu and Kurram Agency tribal areas.

"It has been reliably learnt that Daish has offered some elements of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) and Ahl-e-Sunnat Wai Jamat (ASWJ) to join hands in Pakistan. Daish has also formed a ten-member Strategic Planning Wing," the report from the Home and Tribal Affair Department of Balochistan says.

The report states that the IS plans to attack military installations and government buildings in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in retaliation to the army-led Zarb-i-Azb operation in North Waziristan and also plans to target members of the minority Shia community.

The Balochistan government called for heightened vigilance and security measures in the province as well as the northwestern province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to prevent and pre-empt such attacks.

It has moreover called for sensitising law enforcement agencies on the issue and an increased monitoring of LeJ members.

The warning comes days after six top commanders of the outlawed Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), including its now defunct spokesman Shahidullah Shahid, have announced their allegiance to IS's caliph Abu Bakar Al-Baghdadi Al Qureshi Al-Hussaini..

The Taliban spokesman said he, along with TTP chief for Orakzai Agency Saeed Khan, TTP chief for Kurram Agency Daulat Khan, TTP's Khyber Agency chief Fateh Gul Zaman, TTP’s Peshawar chief Mufti Hassan and TTP’s Hangu chief Khalid Mansoor, have announced their allegiance to Abu Bakar Al-Baghdadi.

Earlier in the week, Shahidullah Shahid was replaced by Mohammad Khurasani as the new TTP spokesperson

The Islamic State's presence has not been officially established so far.

Perceived threat?
Security expert Dr Ejaz Hussain believes that Pakistan faces a perceived threat from the IS but it can mature into a real threat if they succeed in aligning themselves with the splinter groups of mainstream militants groups, including the TTP.

“If the Pakistan security apparatus fails to check their footprints, it could be a setback for them in future. It appears that the IS wants to focus on Pakistan and Afghanistan, particularly the time when US forces begin to withdraw from Afghanistan. If not checked, IS will pose a major threat to South Asia and the Persian Gulf,” Hussain told Dawn.

IS, which is led by Abu Bakar Al-Baghdadi, is currently based in Iraq and Syria and occupies border areas. It is accused of killing hundreds of Muslims and some American and UK citizens, which include journalists and aid workers.

Wall-chalking has also begun to appear in support of IS in some cities of Pakistan, including Karachi and Khanewal.

Also read: Minister blames foreign hands as 4000kg explosives seized in Quetta

Police in Khanewal said it had registered a case against unknown persons for engaging in wall chalking and was also investigating their presence. However, police in Karachi have not registered any case.

Last month, a pamphlet was distributed in Peshawar. Police has not registered a case against anyone and has expressed their ignorance about any such pamphlet.

IS recruiting thousands in Pakistan, govt warned in 'secret' report - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Last edited:
U dint get da Sarcasm. do u? Irrespective of Quaid, todays PAkistan is NOWHERE near to Jinnah's Pakistan.

Now read my quote again. :)
this topic isn't about partition you stupid, idiot. Do something constructive with rather than spewing hate all the time while declaring yourself high and mighty.

IS recruiting thousands in Pakistan, govt warned in 'secret' report
Mubashir Zaidi
Updated about an hour ago
545df352822a8.jpg

- AFP/File photo
KARACHI: The provincial government of Balochistan has conveyed a confidential report to the federal government and law enforcement agencies warning of increased footprints of militant organisation Islamic State (IS), also known by the Arabic acronym Daish, in Pakistan.

545deb03328e4.jpg

The Balochistan's government report to the federal government.
The ‘secret information report', a copy of which is available with DawnNews, is dated October 31, and states that IS has claimed to have recruited a massive 10 to 12,000 followers from the Hangu and Kurram Agency tribal areas.
t.

I don't think its' a secret that ISIS and various militant groups in Pakistan would want to join hands. TTP did announce it's support of the IS group a month ago. The problem for them in all of this (and fortunately for Pakistan) is that there is no direct land linkage from Pakistan to Syria and Iraq. You have the entire Iran from one side and entire Afghanistan from the other route leading into Iran.

Now if it was Afghanistan alone it could become a major problem as they'd move freely between the middle east and South Asia, (well kind of freely) but the placement of Iran in the middle and their strict Shia ideology compounded with their strong military kind of messes their free roaming plan.

Another thing fortunate enough for Pakistan is these idiots are illiterates. They aren't learning Arabic or Pushto for each other. Some leaders of them may know the language but I can safely say that a 100 percent of their foot soldiers and mid level personnel don't know the other party's language. That is a huge plus. No matter how committed you still need to be able to communicate with each other.

And also with the way things are in Syria and Iraq, more than likely these thousands of Pakistani militants will find their resting ground in those countries and wont be able to come back. But at the same time, Pak authorities, mainly the military should keep an eye on this collaboration. It's never good turn a blind eye to such things.

Last edited:
Chalo. Congrats that Pakistan has finally entered the stage of becoming the base of Islam as dreamt by Quaid E Azam which U guyz always wanted so badly. After All thats the only way of Identity separation from India. Rite? Correct me if Wrong.

Are you for real mate, if the IS does come to Pak and takes over (which it wont) India is going to turn into a bull's eye
for the supposedly ''Islamic'' struggle and before long all of the subcontinent is going to turn to shit.....
So I dont think you should be celebrating rather you should be praying it doesnt happen....

Back
Top Bottom