What's new

Is Pakistan’s future submarine programme sailing into troubled waters?

Polls.pk's own polls enabled site could be up in matter of 4 weeks)

The problem with online polls is that they are very unreliable. How would you guarantee that the poll isn't hijacked by an army of paid RAW operatives or just 14 year old hackers? You could filter to only allow Pakistani IPs, but even that can be faked.

That is why all professional pollsters use established methods of phone calling, focus groups, or snail-mail polling.

oke so now getting back to the topic, i thnk that PN may well get along wiht the U214 deal.
i have given my points in a thread discussing procurement of U214 but just to referesh it i will make some brief points here
firstly the U214 deal is not over by any mean. yes, it was some hwat rejected by Zardari but now as the opposition have raised its voice and an opportunity have been presented to chief of naval staff to have a say on what he feels will be better for PN, we might well be watching the deal going ahead soon!
as the matter have been made public and media can easily make a scandal out of it so i doubt that zardari is going to do any thing stupid, aslo the fench have nothing much to offer so i dont think it will be easy for PN cheif to go in support of french subs, even under some sort of pressure. the scorpions are not an option for PN with the indians already getting them and the marlin is still on drawing board and will take quite some time before it could be inducted!
the only good that can come from french way will be the Nuclear su Barcuda and if this happens it will be worth a go!

i hope most of you guys get the point that i have tried to make here!
now i think it is worth a tab at the thanks button ;)

regards!

Well, the other advantage of going with U214 is that we get closer cooperation with Turkey.

There are so few muslim countries which are even reasonably competent in technological matters. Iran is too much of a liability, African and arab countries are hopeless, and Turkey is coming along nicely. We can learn a thing or two from the Turks.

I think we should rely on Germany to supply us Advanced Battle Tanks and Submarines and China and France for Air Craft.

no room for imported tanks with all our indegenious programms doing great!!

regards!

german sub should be aquired and politics should be done in other matters

French Subs or German, Pakistan can do without any of them. Think twice before calling Sir Zardari Mr. 10%. How could you stay stuck in some news-article written 12 year back? What is that 10%? in reality it might be only 9.6% or even lesser but its always rounded off and called as 10%? Why? Sir .

:pakistan:

because we round it off to nearest 10th I hope his excellency:rofl: would love to do this as well

so what we can embrace new innovations can't we?

surely we can but you wont want it at the expense of a more potential submarine deal...
neither are we in a position to spen million on projects that are already good enough and serving our purpose. can,t one think of a hundred different projects that must come before this on military purchase priority list!!

i guess you will get the point!
regards!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom