What's new

Is It Time For Gen. Raheel To Go:----

Status
Not open for further replies.
weren't you people glorifying him as a savior of pakistan few months earlier????
LoL... in 5-10 years he's going to be the prime minister of Pakistan...
People like you in biggest democracy should know its called Individual point of view and free thinking
Instead of a half arsed one liner mocking post you must give a counter narrative otherwise don't bother

MK is inviting debate with reasons against COAS and PM. It is not rebelian or dislike
We !at not be as democratic as you but we don't mind speaking up against our leaders in power

People like you in biggest democracy should know its called Individual point of view and free thinking
Instead of a half arsed one liner mocking post you must give a counter narrative otherwise don't bother

MK is inviting debate with reasons against COAS and PM. It is not rebelian or dislike
We !at not be as democratic as you but we don't mind speaking up against our leaders in power

how can an Indian resist a point scoring opportunity sire?

You made a very good point - even in the darkest of times the spark and spirit of democracy never left Pakistan. Sure it might not be a perfect text book democracy but then which democracy is.

Yes remove the man of action and replace him with another administrator general like Kiyani who was only concerned with spreadsheets and "cost effectiveness". Bravo for such a stupid thread!
Please
We must do better in a counter view than a one liner
Why suddenly it's COAS only discussion? OP mentions PM too

My counter was I don't know nextin line COAS ...and PM doesn't care or can't do much.

We Pakistanis are a nation on morphine we won't do anything and expect a hero to do away with all ills.
Push them both one on roads expose terror financiars and both guys will act to save their hide

Hi,

It is about time that Gen Raheel and P M Nawaz should be shown the door. Both have had their time in the office and have not used it to make a substantial difference in the security of the nation.

The supreme court should dissolve the govt----terminate the general and find another man more suitable for the job.

The general has shown no urgency to tackle the problem---but is moving at a slow pace. The nation is not on thre same page because of immense corruption in the provinces and the corrupt being let go.

The general has lied thru his teeth that the corrupt will pay the price=----but we have been listening to this drama for the last one year now---and no one has been persecuted.

the criminal in chief Zardari was allowed to escape alongwith many others with all their cash.

I believe that the general is a good man---who means good----but does not have the courage and lacks the decisive and incisive power to make things happen.

There is too much docility at the generals staff level of pakistan military.

Considering how Sharif govt was hell bent on dialogue with TTP and wasted first year of his term in evaluating same and how ineffective his brothers administration in Punjab is regarding dismantling terror infrastructure in south Punjab aided by the fact that ruling party has not made any powerful committee within to evaluate and draw a strategy to counter terrorism I would vote for his departure first.

Now COAS not only initiated Zarb e azab after Khi airport attack he played very sensibly during PTI sit ins last in Islamabad paving way for a stable government.

Now as long as NS and Pmln will have grudge inside against army and will keep on weakening Pakistans logical and principal stance on Kashmir and India and instead of asking India to stop her proxy wars via Afghanistan they will keep on pressurizing PA to give more room for dialogue with India I guess India will keep on pressurizing Pak through such attacks and situation will never improve as we Pakistanis will never give up Kashmir.

So I am sure if some one should be kicked out he should be PM Nawaz sharif not COAS as he has done his best and a single man cant do much unless he has complete backing of government , all political parties and general population.

here we go again with the blame game, this is the same Gen under whom Pakistan have seen a decrease in terrorists attacks, but i do agree that more need to be done, coordination among diff security agencies need to be improved. there was a warning issued 10 days earlier about a potential attack.....

how can an Indian resist a point scoring opportunity sire?
Point Noted. what it does though, is derails the discussion and the subject matter is lost in mutual pie slinging competition. there was a touch of point scoring sarcasm from me too but only as a protest and request NOT to snub us.. we are just getting used to the concept of less than godly leaders. in Pakistan otherwise everything is either treason or blasphemy.
You made a very good point - even in the darkest of times the spark and spirit of democracy never left Pakistan. Sure it might not be a perfect text book democracy but then which democracy is.
the creation of Pakistan was not through war. but a right to chose through a western democratic system of voting. some DNA did transfer among the current population no matter how less. you should have responded after reading my other response to rescueranger.

Hi,

I believe that Gen Raheel fizzled out very quick. He is an honest man with no LARCENY in him. No doubt he loves his soldiers---but there is more to being a CinC in this day and age and specially for a country like pakistan.

As for accountability---he let everyone escape---the doctor was an idiot who came back and thus got caught---otherwise the Gen made sure everyone escaped.

And that reminds me of the opeartion after the APS attacks---same thing---he announced we are coming---gave a notice of 3 -4 days---and who is who of the terrorists all escaped.
yaar MK, I am confused
on one hand I agree with you but dont entirely and also see where you are coming from.
previous responses were from tablet so translating thoughts into words is a pain.

PM.. first. either he is indifferent or if pushed by the COAS he will sign on the dotted line. our civilian leaders unfortunately don't get elected to make national policies.. they are elected to fix some gutters, bring telephone and water and inaugurate few bridges,.

do you remember @muse ? wonder if he is still alive and kicking. he used to have more or less same view re our army chiefs since they are the stakeholders and one with real power so there is no room for excuses or apologies (now more I write, more I find myself agreeing with you).

my concern is, next in like Lt Generals are unknown to me and the heir might be most likely be a Jahangir/ Kyani type something our political leadership and America would like to have,

I say, Raheels saving grace is brutal and swift swipe at those who constantly mock the state and in the heat of thing hang some terrorists and hit the morbid thieves than amassed billions and are indirectly funding the terrorism as well. .. YOU say.. SORYY... too late.. he hasnt done jack,.. and sadly it seems to be the case.

seen PM's statement? that's like writing on the death warrant of those who have been immune to Fauji action so far. imagine how many among his ranks and even in other "secular" parties can fall in this web

Mr Sharif and Gen Raheel resolved that the fight against militancy, which enjoyed support of the nation, would be taken to its logical end of elimination of terrorism.
http://www.dawn.com/news/1234400/attack-on-pakistan-pm
The prime minister directed security agencies to go after the patrons, financiers, handlers and planners of the attack.

You can't just fast track a kick out for both of them... The democratic tenure ends in 2018 and raheels tenure ends in 2016. They have to see their reign to an end. It stands a joke that since our creation 70 years ago, the 2008 to 2013 govt stands the only govt to complete its term. We can't keep calling it short otherwise kick away the democratic process if you don't like it...

I don't want to talk about the PM bcz the civilian govt stands inept and incompetent in this issue and the blame for that lies on us as well. We elect these MNAs and MPAs not bcz they are competent leaders who can make strong decisions but bcz they will repair the gutters, repair the roads and grant us a few favors... We literally elect local body management to run the nation....

Now comes to raheel Sharif. No doubt that it was he who forced the civilian govt to start operation zarb e azb and its bcz of him that we saw mass reduction in terror attacks. We expect a quick solution to the problem. Wave magic wand and puff problem solved. ( no wonder our politicians give us 6 months deadline bcz they know we are saps for magic solutions). Raheel has done great work however now the situation requires more and he needs to rise up otherwise this will leave a sour end to a very fine tenure.

We need to turn focus on the TTP hide outs in Afghanistan ( let's put ISI to the test after all it claims best) and create more security. It is very worrying that despite the information about an attack happening this was not prevented or combatted to save live....

The onus lies a lot on civilian govt... They need to implement NAP which has not been implemented fully. What have we done to place terror financing madrassas or armed madrassas under our control. What have we done for FATA reforms? What have we done to curb moulvis who preach hatred and still do. What about banned terror groups ? What about terrorists who have death penalties.. ?

As for the corruption front of zarb e azb, white frankly its not the job of the army to take care of corruption. Its the job of civilian govts... If elections are going to be done under army, corruption is going to be combatted by army, security is going to be combatted by army then give army control and live under dictatorship.

However since the army has taken this job, which is not theirs, they should see this to the end but how can they? The ranger powers in sindh was a battle, you got PPP bitching again and again, you got cm shahbaz saying no operation in Punjab. With such interference how can you expect army to undertake anti corruption campaign without inflicting damage to democracy. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Then comes the wall to fence the border of Afghanistan... This is where I criticize raheel and nawaz alot since they have done little or nothing to combat porousness of the afghan border... The terrain stands a pathetic excuse bcz that's like saying we are doomed to be attacked again and again for all eternity. That's giving up and a defeatist attitude... Raise as many soldiers as required, take as much money from us as needed and fence, mine, trench and guard the border at all costs...

This is what I want from them and if they fail to do this then the civilian govt and most of all army stand incompetent...

I understand that you can't invade afghanistan nor can you lead surgical strike without proper information about their whereabouts ( which can take time although it's been pretty long now) but what stands against taking steps in combatting the border. What statement has the army chief and pm made that we will make sure nobody can enter our land without us knowing... This is what grinds me and makes me believe that we stand inept and our inaction will lead to more deaths...

And you know what not a single statement about the porousness of the border ... Raheel needs to take action on this otherwise he will be blamed... Doing one great thing will get you praised but it will not offset any blunder you commit and that blunder will get you criticism.

Hi,

It is about time that Gen Raheel and P M Nawaz should be shown the door. Both have had their time in the office and have not used it to make a substantial difference in the security of the nation.

The supreme court should dissolve the govt----terminate the general and find another man more suitable for the job.

The general has shown no urgency to tackle the problem---but is moving at a slow pace. The nation is not on thre same page because of immense corruption in the provinces and the corrupt being let go.

The general has lied thru his teeth that the corrupt will pay the price=----but we have been listening to this drama for the last one year now---and no one has been persecuted.

the criminal in chief Zardari was allowed to escape alongwith many others with all their cash.

I believe that the general is a good man---who means good----but does not have the courage and lacks the decisive and incisive power to make things happen.

There is too much docility at the generals staff level of pakistan military.

You are trying too hard to sound smart. Don't do that.

One or two setbacks and morons like you start spreading doubts about leadership. Your "analysis" completely misses the improvements we have seen over the past year. Your simple mind fails to comprehend the complexities of this situation. Regarding the political/corruption front; I bet that if GHQ pushes for faster reforms, then I am sure that morons like you would be chanting "democracy is in danger" the very same day.

Thank you for dumping this stinking pile of your freshest brain shit on PDF.

Again with the pashtunistan and raw funding isi bull shit :hitwall:

Not two decades but 2-3 years

There is no bullshiit in my posts. Almost everything I've ever written or forecasted has taken place. You name the topic, from Defense deals, to Infrastructure to IK/ Political drama. I don't personally dislike IK, I've met him a few times and he's a party animal, good times guy. But at the same time, he trusts others opinion and can't see double agendas in the people that he listens to.

A leader should be able to cut through the crap and see who wants what. If you make decisions based on others advise, then you are not a leader. Also, he's black and white, meaning he isn't political or diplomatic. People with these issues are considered loud mouths and they can never succeed in international diplomacy, or running a complex country like Pakistan filled with problems. He needs to become political savvy but its too late, you can't change people's personalities after 21 years of age. He's close to 70 now. There are people in his party that want a serious clash between the Civilians and the Military, then, they'll have a secondary clash, even little, giving them a reason to bring out a separate fraction of IK's party combined with Pashtun nationalists. And the talk of "we are the victims of Pakistan" and a civil war like situation will develop, leading to Pashtunistan. The sit-in was supposed to do all this with plenty of funding. But both the Sharifs caught it right before it got worst. And IK was booted out of Islamabad by the military. So there are serious chances of a repeat of this at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom