What's new

Is IOS better or Android?

Peregrine

Reaction score
Hi gals & guys,
So, the the thing is, i have to buy a Tablet promptly........... I was all set to go for Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 which features Android Honey Comb as operating system.Until, i was told by a friend that Android is prone to getting infected by internet viruses....... Now i am confused because of the "Operating systems" If you talk about specifications and features, Samsung beats IPAD-2 hands down, but my concern is the OS........... awaiting members candid input, Thanks.

If you are going to download apps then i Pad 2 is a No brainer , simply becoz its app ecosystem is unparallel and quality of Fee apps available with iOS cannot be matched by anyone

Not to mention that 16 GB iPad 2 WITH JUST wifi is actually MUCH CHEAPER THAN THE Galaxy Tab 10.1

Go for android..no doubt abt that..though iOS has some good UI..bt iOS is a closed environment while android gives you the full control on the device..feature wise both are more or less same...

with steve jobs gone apple do not have very bright future,i used both ios and android,i loved android waiting eagerly for galaxy nexus.

If you are going to download apps then i Pad 2 is a No brainer , simply becoz its app ecosystem is unparallel and quality of Fee apps available with iOS cannot be matched by anyone

I completely disagree.

Android is the future !!!!

Android < iOS.
In terms of features and flexibility BUT iOS is far more polished and stable then Android - Although Once you use Android you will consider iOS boring.

Hi gals & guys,
So, the the thing is, i have to buy a Tablet promptly........... I was all set to go for Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 which features Android Honey Comb as operating system.Until, i was told by a friend that Android is prone to getting infected by internet viruses....... Now i am confused because of the "Operating systems" If you talk about specifications and features, Samsung beats IPAD-2 hands down, but my concern is the OS........... awaiting members candid input, Thanks.

ok the thing about malware and Viruses is, there bound to be made for virtual products of high popularity ie
the amount of people getting exposed to a certain virtual product.

No one makes malware /worms etc for a few people , theyl always chose the popular product to exploit to get them most out of it.

Now having said that ... if u keep ur transaction limited to just official android markets and install a suitable Antivirus ur all set,

anyways in the rare occasion, if someone who really doesn't kno what there doing , ends up getting the Android OS compromised..

U can alwsys flash through root or just reinstall ur OS ...assuming one has a Comp.
Back up ur application via an good File manger into .apk and ull nver have to wory about anything..

Root ur droid for even more amzing stuff ..but dont recommend it if ur a newb

Nope - Galaxy Tab 10.1 is cheaper then iPad 2 with wifi only (16G).

In India iPad 2 cost Rs 29500 while Galaxy Tab 10.1 cost Rs 34000 , while Galaxy tab 7" does cost 24000 only

i have them all the galaxy 2 tab and its great . the I Phone 4 is ok , though not something i would recommend . android is the way to go as far as OS are concerned.

Android is crap with very few buggy applications made by unknown developers. Why use > 1 Ghz processor for usb and storage extensions on a tablet and make it more slow? Better have a laptop to best use such features.

iOS is a company spending money in new technology and giving regular upgrades on their systems. With i cloud you can store your files you want. If not iOS then you should wait for windows 8 tablets (as i am) at least.

Having said that, however it is not the right time to buy tablet because most of them are going to become obsolete or poor performing as compare to what is going to be sold in 2012 by all manufactures.

1. Android is going to launch ICS OS better than HC 3.2 (wait for motorola xoom)
2. Galaxy with better processor (~ quad core) windows 8 ~ first quarter of 2012.
3. i pad 3 in feb-march 2012. I hope with i pad 3 they will introduce MS word in it, better stylus sensitive screen, HDMI out put, longer battery life, wireless recharging, more pixels per inch for better display.

Tablet means show off and PC means work horse. Wait for apple i pad 3 IMO.

Oh forgot to mention apple provides better customer services than any one else. I had a problem with my i phone after few minutes of inspection a new i phone was handed over to me, no question asked.

Android is crap with very few buggy applications made by unknown developers. Why use > 1 Ghz processor for usb and storage extensions on a tablet and make it more slow? Better have a laptop to best use such features.

iOS is a company spending money in new technology and giving regular upgrades on their systems. With i cloud you can store your files you want. If not iOS then you should wait for windows 8 tablets (as i am) at least.

Having said that, however it is not the right time to buy tablet because most of them are going to become obsolete or poor performing as compare to what is going to be sold in 2012 by all manufactures.

1. Android is going to launch ICS OS better than HC 3.2 (wait for motorola xoom)
2. Galaxy with better processor (~ quad core) windows 8 ~ first quarter of 2012.
3. i pad 3 in feb-march 2012. I hope with i pad 3 they will introduce MS word in it, better stylus sensitive screen, HDMI out put, longer battery life, wireless recharging, more pixels per inch for better display.

Tablet means show off and PC means work horse. Wait for apple i pad 3 IMO.

Oh forgot to mention apple provides better customer services than any one else. I had a problem with my i phone after few minutes of inspection a new i phone was handed over to me, no question asked.

Nicely put..... But, my problem is that, my brother is coming from UK in January, so that means waiting for I-PAD3 & Windows based tablets is out of question. I already have a Core i3 laptop. So, that leaves me with Ipad 2 or Galaxy tab. By the way, if you have any other cool gadget in mind then do tell.

Nicely put..... But, my problem is that, my brother is coming from UK in January, so that means waiting for I-PAD3 & Windows based tablets is out of question. I already have a Core i3 laptop. So, that leaves me with Ipad 2 or Galaxy tab. By the way, if you have any other cool gadget in mind then do tell.

Dont buy anything from UK man!!! Damn expensive. US is the place to be or the far east.
Araz

Really! All the quality apps in iOS are in Android, so you will end up with the same apps in both ecosystems. Moreover, Android is 'OPEN', so there are enormous opportunities for customization. I came from an iPhone to the Galaxy S2, and my only regret is I should have moved sooner.

As for the tablet, if you are willing to wait for a month, Asus is coming out with the Transformer Prime. It is has the new Tegra 3 Quad core processor, with an NVIDIA 12 core GPU chip. And, it looks gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom