What's new

Is Indian press independent?

You don't have to be super intelligent to figure the relative freedom Indian media enjoys vis a vis pakistan and china - simply due to the nature of governance.

IMHO, however, one has to be a complete stuck up retard, with that extra penchant for complete nonsense - to live (or take side) in one of these countries and point fingers at press freedom in India.

Keys, please note the absence of any personal remarks here!

Kuldip Nayyar is a distant relative of mine and a fellow Sikh. The fellow is an idealist and an extremely "SANKI" person. Wouldn't even write a letter of recommendations for my sister. Swear on GOD....
Otherwise most of the Indian news channels and newspapers are esponsible for bad reporting but look hindustan times, tribune, hindu, indian express, ndtv, cnnibn, tehelka killer journalism, often cause embarassment to the indian establishment, outlook, frontline, government. I'd say depend on them if you want the true picture. Rest propaganda per se in India doesnot exist as most of the TV channels are quite independent and thought the hindi newspapers and news channels are politically coloured imho yet the above mentioned newspapers/mags/channels are very highly impartial and one should read their edit to gauge their level of autonomity and journalistic excellence

Probably the most press freedom can be found in BD. Even with an emergency the press pretty much says what it likes.

Okay!!!! According to the articles that you have put up. They are blaming anything and everything on RAW, I am sure they have all the freedom.

Okay!!!! According to the articles that you have put up. They are blaming anything and everything on RAW, I am sure they have all the freedom.

Hey!! Why did Adux get banned???

Can someone here explain?

Adu is serving a 30 day ban for reasons well explained to him.
Case closed!
Neo

Can you post an article that substantiates what you say?

You have been complaining about my cut and pastes and now you want another one. On this issue it is an impression but I read the Indian and Pakistani papers as well and have come to that conclusion that BD papers tend to abuse their freedom.

You have been complaining about my cut and pastes and now you want another one. On this issue it is an impression but I read the Indian and Pakistani papers as well and have come to that conclusion that BD papers tend to abuse their freedom.

Oh so you know about my complaints....!!! Ok so can u pls substantiate what u say?

Why so much concern about the BD press. I already said that it was an impression.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
As India remains a pain in the *** for BD and Pak it is natural that its press which often villifies both countries should be put under scrutiny.

You dont want others pointing fingers at you, but point fingers to every one on the road.

If you want that to be the case, then so be it. The world has long lived along side hypocracy and will continue to do so.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom