What's new

Is Foreign Aid a Blessing or a Curse For Pakistan?

Sir, regardless of what I think, please try to talk about if what I post here is incorrect in any way. It is not. What I have said above is correct.
Hi,

With due respect. Self judgement is not a virtue.

I was merely reciprocating what you say about men-in-uniform do to undermine the so called ( failed) process of democrazy in a region where more than half of population is illiterate. All efforts are carefully designed deceitfully ( according to you) by men-in uniform to create a suh situation, where ( supposedly) system falls back to redundancy system.

Using very same logic, I merely pointing out, using the example of fish, of how Superpower manipulates, influences and create a such situation which would force a third world country like Pakistan to forcefully accept the loan or aid.

No wonder the same logic is not applied by Chinese and hence, have generated more positive response and support from local populace

Hi,

With due respect. Self judgement is not a virtue.

I was merely reciprocating what you say about men-in-uniform do to undermine the so called ( failed) process of democrazy in a region where more than half of population is illiterate. All efforts are carefully designed deceitfully ( according to you) by men-in uniform to create a suh situation, where ( supposedly) system falls back to redundancy system.

Using very same logic, I merely pointing out, using the example of fish, of how Superpower manipulates, influences and create a such situation which would force a third world country like Pakistan to forcefully accept the loan or aid.

No wonder the same logic is not applied by Chinese and hence, have generated more positive response and support from local populace

Without going off topic Sir, it takes a lot of hard work by a nation to create choices for itself. If Pakistan chooses between a bad choice and a worse choice, then it is still a choice it makes as a sovereign nation. No one has ever forced Pakistan to take loans or aid. It has done so by its own choice, because the alternatives were worse. So, what I have said is correct.

Without going off topic Sir, it takes a lot of hard work by a nation to create choices for itself. If Pakistan chooses between a bad choice and a worse choice, then it is still a choice it makes as a sovereign nation. No one has ever forced Pakistan to take loans or aid. It has done so by its own choice, because the alternatives were worse. So, what I have said is correct.
Hi,

Nope, whatever you said is just one-side of story that you think is CORRECT !

Situation are orchestrated by US in a way using their political extension arm the military when things go the way they dont want.

Although, Much of that policy extension has been diminished

Hi,

Typical response from An American JEWISH !

If only US was interested in teaching Pakistan HOW TO FISH, rather than force feeding and supporting at times the corrupt system. Much would have been different ( not that its their fault entirely, but being a superpower and as compared to support and assistance received by other countries, I believe it couldve much better)
See, he agrees with me 200%! Who will gainsay him by asserting that Pakistanis are responsible for their own choices, including that of living with a corrupted government rather than citizens organizing to confront it?

Hi,

Nope, whatever you said is just one-side of story that you think is CORRECT !

Situation are orchestrated by US in a way using their political extension arm the military when things go the way they dont want.

Although, Much of that policy extension has been diminished

What Pakistan chooses to do is up to Pakistan itself, 100%. Blaming anyone else is futile and wrong.

See, he agrees with me 200%! Who will gainsay him by asserting that Pakistanis are responsible for their own choices, including that of living with a corrupted government rather than citizens organizing to confront it?
Hi,

Lets not twist what I said, i know how much you love doing it.

US would support dictatorships ( Gulf countries) and keep ( corrupted democracies) where its suits their national interest.

Any attempt to change the status quo would be met by economic super power in the forms of sanctions and cut off in relations

What Pakistan chooses to do is up to Pakistan itself, 100%. Blaming anyone else is futile and wrong.
HI,
No one is entirely blaming, but rather suggesting how much better it could have been, if only intention were in right direction

Hi,

Lets not twist what I said, i know how much you love doing it.

US would support dictatorships ( Gulf countries) and keep ( corrupted democracies) where its suits their national interest.

Any attempt to change the status quo would be met by economic super power in the forms of sanctions and cut off in relations

I am not twisting anything, I am merely repeating what I have said, without going off topic. Pakistan has always made the choices that serve its own national interests, including taking out loans voluntarily, as the sovereign nation that it is, with nuclear weapons of late. (Of course, other nations, including USA, are equally entitled to do whatever they can to further their own respective national interests, nothing wrong with that either.)

Forgive me for my ignorance, but how is your infrastructure? Graphs and statistics naturally can tell a lot - i have a political background - but the number of highways, roads, pipelines, electricity etc. These are essential for a growing economy.

All aid is a curse if a country becomes dependent on it like Pakistan has. In fact, its budget takes into account the aid it receives, loans it receives from multilateral institutions like IMF, etc. And don't forget Pakistan receives a substantial amount of military aid as well.

It's hard to be respected in this world when you are perceived to be a beggar.

And I take it you mean India when you make referance to "beggar"?

Aid / soft loan is not free. It contributes to unemployed brain space. There are no free lunches. For example, what are the chances for a country to build its own cutting edge tech when well tested and validated design, a generation behind is offered on a platter?

At the most, they can manufacture to a specification in such a partnership. ToT is over-rated. There is no such thing as ToT in reality unless you go through the grid and relive all design decisions and the motivation to do what you did.

When a country gets ready to use kits for use, the creative brains will get regimented into producing what is specified instead of exploiting the creative side. This is seen in India too. However, things are very different in the startup space and there is significant creative juices flowing for a change.

The same goes with infrastructure. Problem solving is not a recipe but a routine. The country that relies on thumb rules derived from manuals and ToT agreements is doomed. India should wake up to this reality and I am happy we are.

The example of teaching man to fish rather than feeding him with one
@Abu Zolfiqar was just "taught to fish" in a U.S. business school. Maybe it was with U.S. government money, maybe not. Now he's back in Pakistan. Maybe he will open his own business. Maybe he will run it honestly. But if he chooses to cheat his customers, should the U.S. be blamed for that?

Back
Top Bottom