What's new

Is FATA a Colony of Pakistan?

UmarJustice

New Recruit

Reaction score
It is not an exaggerated question at all if asked by a person who hails from and lives in FATA.
It is an adequate term to describe the plight and the series of agonies, the people of FATA are facing, for the last 66 years. Sword is not used in modern warfare just because it does not fulfill the requirements of present day warfare.
The legal and administrative systems applicable in a population of 5 millions are as anachronistic as a sword in modern warfare. FCR, a legal and administrative system is one such example that set apart FATA from the rest of the country.
A Political Agent, head of a tribal region exercise extensive executive and judicial powers that at certain circumstances cannot be revised even by a regular court of law, which is at all costs the negation of the basic human rights.
An experimental laboratory animal is entitled for certain basic rights in the world of global village of 20th millennium but the tribal men, the devoted guardian of Pakistan’s 2500 miles Durand Line are deprived of the same basic human rights.
The per capita public development expenditure is shockingly low, one third of the national average. Social development indicators are worse from the day zero. The overall literacy rate is 17.42% compared to 56% nationally.
FATA has a per doctor rate of 1:6,762 compared to the national 1:1,359. Most locals depend on agriculture since there is no industrial development.
The Peshawar High Court Chief Justice Remarks that tribal areas were being treated like the British colonies are historic and self-explanatory forever.
We demand of government that the FATA forum convention three recommendations, calling for extending the jurisdiction of the Supreme Court of Pakistan and Peshawar High Court to FATA, separating judiciary and executive in the tribal areas and enforcing the fundamental rights provided by the Constitution of 1973 be extended to bleeding FATA without any query and further delay.
Dr Mukhtar Ali
Kurram Agency

Is FATA a Colony of Pakistan?

It is not a colony but was always experimental laboratory and factory of cannon fodder......
The situation has become more complex now. Previously tribals were held in high esteem by Pakistanis for being "muft key muhafiz" of western border, being heroes of Kashmir war of 1948 and for their role in Afghan war with Russia. Now they are perhaps most hated people in Pakistan as TTP operates here and thousands of Pakistani soldiers are killed by them....word tribal has become synonymous with backward and FATA is considered breeding ground of terrorism in Pakistan.....If tribals are expecting sympathies in nowadays situation then they are still very simple-minded....
Tribals themselves are confused and worried, the framework and structure of their society is destroyed, some of them are gone into taliban camp , others are fighting for government in the form of khasadars, levies, FC and pro-government lashkars...First taliban come to their areas, forcibly take control of the area, locals either give up or resist....Then army comes with artillery , tanks and air force , destroying talibans as well as properties and lives of locals....Army is like radiotherapy killing tumour cells as well as some healthy cells.....this and massive displacement earn resentment for army......
When they raises their voices in this regard , they are reminded that taliban are from their own tribes.....So tribals are going through very difficult phase of their history..
@Armstrong, @nuclearpak, @Abu Zolfiqar, @datalibdaz, @Aeronaut, @Secur, @Spring Onion, @TaimiKhan, @muse, @Last Hope @Luftwaffe

Last edited by a moderator:
Pak-one

Do you realize, that how much over and over you write your stuff up and tag as many seniors of the forum, your chances of winning an argument always remain the same? There are Pashtuns who are with Pakistan and Pakistan army who reject your theory. Infact, you have named three of them in your post.

Your claims for being back-stabbed by Army are not given attention here, or by others including Pashtuns. So you may better stop it.

Thank you.

Pak-one

Do you realize, that how much over and over you write your stuff up and tag as many seniors of the forum, your chances of winning an argument always remain the same? There are Pashtuns who are with Pakistan and Pakistan army who reject your theory. Infact, you have named three of them in your post.

Your claims for being back-stabbed by Army are not given attention here, or by others including Pashtuns. So you may better stop it.

Thank you.

Read my post again and think about it deeply.....Ask yourself why FATA is still an active volcano after 9 years when army operated in FATA in 2004 ?, look at them, they are trapped.

@Pak-one

We are not a colony of anyone, you are a an afghan, why not concentrate on your own country and its problems. We Pakistani pukhtoons don't want your interference in our matters, you still don't understand we don't consider you as or own.

what ever they are but they are our brothers and we love eachother...and i dnt think there is any country or territory concept in islam..in my opinion there shud b no borders between islamic countries as we all are brothers there shud b all islamic world as a nation..

The frontier crimes regulation better known as the FCR has a section called the collective responsibilities act. This act considers an entire tribe responsible for the actions of a few terrorists who know how to hide within the population. Centuries of struggle have hardened them and they do not bow down to force. We should try building roads and opening up new schools. With that we provide the local people an opportunity to escape horrible lives.

When they have no employment its clear they will go towards militancy. We have to stop that. A lot can be done for the local people but FATA has remained our ignored background with a literacy rate of 22% only which is well below the National literacy rate. Give them opportunities and tribals will love. Try to force them into something and u make them enemies for life. Defeating terrorism doesn't just require war, war and war. It requires tact as well.

@Armstrong, @mafiya, @LoveIcon , @Abu Zolfiqar, @haviZsultan and all other guys...if i am Afghani for criticizing Pak army then so is this ghilzai...look what he is saying against pakistan army

Tu bohat baraa fasaadiii haiii ! :omghaha:

Dude @ghilzai is a Pakistani....he takes ownership of Pakistan, her Institutions & her Problems as if they are his own - He doesn't go 'Aaap loogoon neiii hamareii saaath ye kiyaaa' he takes the line of reasoning that should be taken 'yeh hum ne apneii mulk aur logooon ke saaath kiyaaa' !

And some of his criticism is valid whereas others I don't agree with; ironically enough cent for cent its the same criticism that my Dad & many others in my family & friends subject the Army to ! Naturally I don't agree. :kiss3:

@Pak-one

We are not a colony of anyone, you are a an afghan, why not concentrate on your own country and its problems. We Pakistani pukhtoons don't want your interference in our matters, you still don't understand we don't consider you as or own.

:) Monkey the luffy ala pak one is a Pakistani pretend to be an Afghanistani and work in Afghanistan so trying to act like an Afghanistani more than the Afghanistanis act themself.

The end product is that he is lost between the two indentities.

FATA is indeed not a colony, it was labortery for experiments, factory of cannon fodder. Now it is a warzone.

P:S You do not belong to FATA, you are a troll.

@Armstrong, @mafiya, @LoveIcon , @Abu Zolfiqar, @haviZsultan and all other guys...if i am Afghani for criticizing Pak army then so is this ghilzai...look what he is saying against pakistan army

FATA has always been the warzone.

Its location is the curse for its population.

as far as criticising our army well we and our media is the biggest critique of Army. the likes of Najam sethi Asma Jehangir and so on are the worst in this regard.

You can criticise Army we have no issue with that.

..., you still don't understand we don't consider you as or own.

Afghans still have wet dreams that Pakhtuns on both sides of the border want to be united in one country!

The troll is you sir that is gate crashing in to something you are not invited, your efforts to convince us that you are one of us have failed so why not just giveup.

I have every right to criticise the army as i am a Pakistani.

Ghilzai tribe doesnt live in FATA, but in Afghanistan.....there is some thing fishy about you.

Ghilzai tribe doesnt live in FATA, but in Afghanistan.....there is some thing fishy about you.

i m not a tribe, i am an individual my family moved to pak over 35 years ago, am born and bred in Pakistan, i consider my self a Pakistani ghilzai.

So nothing fishy here mate you just trying to divert attention away from the fact no Pakistani pukhtoons accept you as there own as your loyalties are different from ours.

Every Pakistani has right to criticize it's institution if he/she thinks there is something wrong, I myself criticize Generals and their policies. But glorifying the enemy and supporting over own country is make you different from him.

@ Topic - There is no denying that FATA has been left out of mainstream and no doubt policies of establishment has done great damage but tribal people also share the responsibility, they should understand that it's 21st century, today you need to produce doctors/engineers/scientist to be proud of not the guns. IMHO, It's time to abolish FATA and make it province and let these people to make this new province a role modal of peace/development/education and i am confident that they can surprise others. As we says Pathan ko agar truck ke baati kay peechay bhi laga do tu os ko bhi haath laga kar aay ga chahay 1000km bhagana paray.

i m not a tribe, i am an individual my family moved to pak over 35 years ago, am born and bred in Pakistan, i consider my self a Pakistani ghilzai.

So nothing fishy here mate you just trying to divert attention away from the fact no Pakistani pukhtoons accept you as there own as your loyalties are different from ours.

So i was right, your family has moved from afghanistan , 35 years ago? That would be 1978 but most probably your family migrated in either 1979 or 1980 after russian invasion...you are an afghan refugee and has sought pakistani citizenship illegaly. Many afghans in peshawer have did the same through bribery...your loyalty to pakistan is shaky and questionable.
I might be big critic of pakistan, a pashtun nationalist....but i am a son of soil, i would never betray this country as long as it exist on map...yes i dont tie my patriotism with loving pak army or jinnah...but i wish pakistan to become a better place, a progressive country....i also love pashtuns on other side of border, but that doesnt make me a less pakistani.
@Armstrong, @mafiya ye tou mohajar nikla.

Back
Top Bottom