What's new

Is eyesight a problem to become an aeronautical engineer?

burhan007

New Recruit

Reaction score
HI guys i am Burhan and i wanted to become an aeronautical engineer but unfortunately my eyesight is weak its -2.5 .So am i eligible to become an aeronautical engineer in Pakistan??

HI guys i am Burhan and i wanted to become an aeronautical engineer but unfortunately my eyesight is weak its -2.5 .So am i eligible to become an aeronautical engineer in Pakistan??

well I have passed medical test for ISSB 4 years ago. the main thing doctors check in person's eyes is colour blindness. they can clear you for aeronautical engineer if you have normal eye number upto +-2. but if you have vertical of cylindrical number more than 1 but your academic test results are outstanding, they will recommend you for other branches like Admin &SD

well I have passed medical test for ISSB 4 years ago. the main thing doctors check in person's eyes is colour blindness. they can clear you for aeronautical engineer if you have normal eye number upto +-2. but if you have vertical of cylindrical number more than 1 but your academic test results are outstanding, they will recommend you for other branches like Admin &SD

I think if your eye sight is more than +-2.
Please do lasik and dont tell them that you have done lasik.
It happened to me. Its difficult to identify whether you have done lasik or not.

I think lasik is really risky.Am i eligible to become an aeronautical engineer with -2.5 power?

Like I said In another thread , for CAE your eyeside is not a big deal you can where glasses as long as you are not blind and not wearing a Binocular in the morning and Night vision in the night they will take you.

Thanks for your reply Muradk.But i don't understand what do u mean by "in the night they will take you."?

Engineers are not pilots.. it shouldn't be problem. If government offices have problems with your eyesight, then you can join a private sector. But I don't really think its going to be a problem.

Shouldn't be much of a problem as it can be corrected by contact lenses, glasses and laser eye surgery.

And engineers aren't pilots so...

I think lasik is really risky.Am i eligible to become an aeronautical engineer with -2.5 power?

I have gotten my Lasik done in India(Punjab) about 3 years ago. I can assure you the techniques have progressed and it's lot safer than it was 5 years ago. Flap heals very fast and you can go on to your usual business in a matter of few days. This is the best treatment that i would recommend to anyone suffering with their eyesight problems. I was -2.5 literally blind and now perfectly 20/20.

Any eyesight that can be corrected to 6/6 by wearing spectacles is considered "normal" and shouldn't be a problem at all for engineers.

If u want to become a pilot then go for LASIK.

u r not applying for GD pilot
ur academic is more important
i know one who was selected with 3

Nop..for CAE they allow glasses.
The best thing will be to visit your local PAF selection center or ring them,talk to the medical officer and ask him how much leeway they give for CAE.

Salam...
I have this rage to join PAF Inshallah ASAP. I am 17 years old, currently living in Qatar, studding in a British School and thinking of applying when i finish my A levels. But Ive got this huge problem of not having my eyesight 20/20....
So my question is that can i join PAF if i have an eye surgery and get my eyes fixed???
Can anyone plz answer this question as soon as possible.. Ill be really thank full. :pakistan: :pdf:

You don't need to worry about anything. There's no min requirement for aeronautical engg.
You need a correctable +-1.5 if you want to be a pilot. But restriction of engineering front. Go ahead God Speed. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom