What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Currently the order is for 48 Su-30's deliver to begin in 2019 at a rate of 12 per year but the U.S. does have the capability to block the delivery till 2021...

I believe the right thing for Iran to do at this time is to purchase 150-200 Su-30's to give it's self time to develop and lay the grounds to mass produce a 5th or 6th generation platform at a rate of 24 per year by 2040.

To spend billions on a fighter platform that doesn't have the following characteristics makes no sense at all:

1. Stealth design with internal weapons bay
2. Max speed of over Mach 1.8 with internal weapons
3. Combat radius +1000 km
4. 2D Thrust vectoring
6. Internal IRST
7. Internal Laser for Jamming IRST & incoming heat seeking missiles
8. Air Refueling capability
9. +40,000 Lbf of Thrust
10. Thrust to weight ratio of +1

U.S. has Stealth Fighter, China & Russia are working on theirs version
According to a Swedish Air Force commander the JAS 39 will be useless by 2020 so Saab is also working on a Stealth fighter.
India & Japan have both been working on a real project and countries like Turkey & S.Korea despite being F-35 buyers are also looking towards their own Stealth program!

While Iranian Air Force commanders have dug their heads in the sand and are just waiting around for someone to hand them something! And Iran's media is clearly incapable of being objective and glorifies a peace of junk like the Q-313.
Iran's military budget is little and investing to design and produce a 4++/5 gen fighter needs huge money which Iran doesn't have. moreover even if Iran had that money spending that huge money is just waste of money cause Iran right now has much more important jobs to do. Iran needs cheap and effective military products that's it. btw Iran has increased its missile power as much as possible and it is working on impermeable air defence to counter lack of having very strong air force. furthermore Iran can built Turbojet engines which is a massive step forward plus Iran might buy jet fighters from Russia in future, so be optimist.

Iran's military budget is little and investing to design and produce a 4++/5 gen fighter needs huge money which Iran doesn't have. moreover even if Iran had that money spending that huge money is just waste of money cause Iran right now has much more important jobs to do. Iran needs cheap and effective military products that's it. btw Iran has increased its missile power as much as possible and it is working on impermeable air defence to counter lack of having very strong air force. furthermore Iran can built Turbojet engines which is a massive step forward plus Iran might buy jet fighters from Russia in future, so be optimist.

Iran's Military budget is set by Iran's government and Iran's government is one of the top 10 richest governments in the world and I'm not talking about GDP's! Government budget that comes from taxes, Oil, Gas, telecommunication and other government owned companies.... Iran for years stocked up it's money in foreign reserves and watched it get stolen when they could have invested in the country to create high tech jobs and work towards the development of a real fighter program so no money is by no means a issue it's an excuse!

Iran hasn't purchased modern fighter in over 35 years! So the excuse that we don't have money for a country like Iran is absolute nonsense and nothing but an excuse created by the IRGC in particular and it's nothing but utter nonsense.

Khoda nakoneh jang besheh joon only then will people like you realize that you can't substitute an Air Force with Air Defense system in a country the size of Iran whose terrain is made up of 60% mountains and once take down your Air Defense you have nothing to protect your missiles and facilities that develop them

Take a good look at Syria! If it wasn't because of Russian Air Power things would have been a whole lot differently!
Without an Air Force, Air Defense Systems can be Jammed, overwhelmed and taken out and once that goes all your missiles become noting but target practice.

Iran-Iraq war proved that in a country the size of Iran light and cheep fighters like the F-5 are practically useless and you want Iran to build a fighter that's lighter and cheaper than the F-5! My God!

If it wasn't because of Iran's Air Force Iran would have lost the war within a year! And if it wasn't because Iran's inability to properly maintain and equip it's Air Force Iran could have destroyed Iraq within a year!

Conclusion: Producing a heavy and advanced Iranian stealth fighter should be one of Iran's top priorities! A $30-$50 Billion USD program to last Iran for generations, give it self sufficiency & who knows maybe even make some money off of it!

Do you know how absurd that sounds? Protect them against what exactly????

F/A-18, F-15's or F-22's? A close supersonic flyby by any of those fighter will shatter the F-313 Airframe! So yes it's snappy as in it will snap in half by a simple sonic boom! (And no I don't mean that literally by the way)

And in terms of Anti Ship missiles take a good look and tell me if you think the Q-313 would be able to carry a single air born Ghadir missile!

And I know Iran has lighter air born Anti Ship missiles like the Nasr but that would require a slow moving Q-313 to get within 30km of the ship and even at low altitudes below the ships radar any country with an AWACS can pick it up and intercept it long before it could get within firing range
Let's wait for Qaher then we will talk about it.
Iran's Military budget is set by Iran's government and Iran's government is one of the top 10 richest governments in the world and I'm not talking about GDP's! Government budget that comes from taxes, Oil, Gas, telecommunication and other government owned companies.... Iran for years stocked up it's money in foreign reserves and watched it get stolen when they could have invested in the country to create high tech jobs and work towards the development of a real fighter program so no money is by no means a issue it's an excuse!

Iran hasn't purchased modern fighter in over 35 years! So the excuse that we don't have money for a country like Iran is absolute nonsense and nothing but an excuse created by the IRGC in particular and it's nothing but utter nonsense.

Khoda nakoneh jang besheh joon only then will people like you realize that you can't substitute an Air Force with Air Defense system in a country the size of Iran whose terrain is made up of 60% mountains and once take down your Air Defense you have nothing to protect your missiles and facilities that develop them

Take a good look at Syria! If it wasn't because of Russian Air Power things would have been a whole lot differently!
Without an Air Force, Air Defense Systems can be Jammed, overwhelmed and taken out and once that goes all your missiles become noting but target practice.

Iran-Iraq war proved that in a country the size of Iran light and cheep fighters like the F-5 are practically useless and you want Iran to build a fighter that's lighter and cheaper than the F-5! My God!

If it wasn't because of Iran's Air Force Iran would have lost the war within a year! And if it wasn't because Iran's inability to properly maintain and equip it's Air Force Iran could have destroyed Iraq within a year!

Conclusion: Producing a heavy and advanced Iranian stealth fighter should be one of Iran's top priorities! A $30-$50 Billion USD program to last Iran for generations, give it self sufficiency & who knows maybe even make some money off of it!
CR50C5QWUAAwqBH.jpg

Let's wait for Qaher then we will talk about it.

CR50C5QWUAAwqBH.jpg

Magheh nashneedee? F-313 ro namayee shodeh maket nabood khod e khodesh bood!!! So there is nothing to wait for!

http://www.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13911124000700

* قاهر رونمایی شده ماکت نبود

مدیر پروژه قاهر در پاسخ به این سوال که آیا نمونه رونمایی شده با توجه به نصب نبودن بسیاری از تجهیزات آن، یک نمونه واقعی بود یا مدل (ماک آپ)، گفت: نمونه ای که نمایش داده شد، نمونه اصلی بود که بزودی وارد مرحله تست های پروازی می‌شود و در خصوص نصب تجهیزات نیز لزومی نداشت تا ما در این
مرحله، تجهیزات کامل را بر روی بدنه آن نصب کنیم

Again I will repeat my original statement! The Q-313 is NOT by any means a ground effect vehicle! I'm sorry but you sound absurd when you keep on repeating it!

And every Tandem winged aircraft is not a Ground Effect Vehicle! My GOD!

And maybe you should 1st read what I wrote before commenting! I said the slanted wings will give the Aircraft greater stability! And your just repeating what I originally told you!

Every aircraft in the world utilizes ground effect and the degree of which depends on the wingspan but that doesn't make the F-313 a ground effect vehicle

The edge of the wings of the F313 is made to give it stability so the Aircraft wouldn't require an expensive fly by wire system and that blows your whole theory of the aircraft's capability to fly long distances 3-5 meters above seal level out of the water!

And as I told you the major powers of the world are now building helicopters capable of flying as fast as the F-313 which makes the production of such an aircraft absolutely ridicules
Ok, you seem to know more than anyone else about Q-313 even more than its project manager (and you even know how fast it is going to fly just by looking at it! wow! ).Good for you.

Ok, you seem to know more than anyone else about Q-313 even more than its project manager (and you even know how fast it is going to fly just by looking at it! wow! ).Good for you.

If the Q-313 Project Manager knew anything then he would have never approved the design! Unless the whole point was to steal money because If he is claiming that the version they showed is the real deal then yes that Aircraft with the engine it has will never reach 435 MPH

The Air intake are big enough to accommodate 1 J-85 at best combined with the thickness of the wings and the fuselage design and that aircraft will not reach 700 kph (435MPH) I doubt it can even reach 350 MPH

If he is saying the Aircraft they showed was the real thing and not a mock up then someone stole a lot of money for this project!

Did you even read the entire article? He is basically claiming that the aircraft has thrust vectoring and an internal weapons bay not to mention that the one they showed was the real deal! SO YES I KNOW MORE THAN THAT GHALTAGH!

Put your hopes on something else because that Q-313 is junk! This could just be a blurry picture but I know they are still playing around with the F-5 design

New Aircraft Mashhad AFB.jpg

If the Q-313 Project Manager knew anything then he would have never approved the design! Unless the whole point was to steal money because If he is claiming that the version they showed is the real deal then yes that Aircraft with the engine it has will never reach 435 MPH

The Air intake are big enough to accommodate 1 J-85 at best combined with the thickness of the wings and the fuselage design and that aircraft will not reach 700 kph (435MPH) I doubt it can even reach 350 MPH

If he is saying the Aircraft they showed was the real thing and not a mock up then someone stole a lot of money for this project!

Did you even read the entire article? He is basically claiming that the aircraft has thrust vectoring and an internal weapons bay not to mention that the one they showed was the real deal! SO YES I KNOW MORE THAN THAT GHALTAGH!

Put your hopes on something else because that Q-313 is junk! This could just be a blurry picture but I know they are still playing around with the F-5 design

View attachment 332302
the only junk here is your baseless theories about Q313, and hopefully time will prove it.

the only junk here is your baseless theories about Q313, and hopefully time will prove it.
Bla bla ba!!! Time will truly tell!!!

As I said keep your hopes on other variants of the Saegheh if the tests go well the next one will have it's wings over the inlets with a larger dome

s1.PNG
s2.PNG
s3.PNG
s5.PNG

this is the old Saegheh but the angle give you a look into what it may look like or is it? zoom in

Last edited:
Bla bla ba!!! Time will truly tell!!!

As I said keep your hopes on other variants of the Saegheh if the tests go well the next one will have it's wings over the inlets with a larger dome
Yeah, I keep my hope on the final goal in Qaher project and that's what defense minister said, an stealth interceptor.

Saeqe is Saeqe, whether with up or down inlets.

Yeah, I keep my hope on the final goal in Qaher project and that's what defense minister said, an stealth interceptor.

Saeqe is Saeqe, whether with up or down inlets.

I can't help you! you are truly too far gone! Main characteristics of an interceptor is speed and the ability to fire BVR missiles!

Qaher is a cheep subsonic platform!

And according to your own source the one they showed was the main one and not a mock up!

Until Iran has the ability to produce a more advanced engine it can not produce a platform that much more superior than the Saegheh / F-5E design

I feel like I'm talking to a little baby and trying to take his lollypop away by telling him I know it tastes good but it's not good for you!

and just like that lollypop I know the Q-313 looks nice but it's not a good aircraft and it is not good for Iran to pursue and Iranian Engineers and Air Force personal know this!!! And if you were truly listening and looking at Dehghans body language in the 1st interview where the Q-313 was brought up you would understand that the Q-313 is an aircraft that Iran has absolutely no intention of producing & yes at best they will probably build one just to prove that it can fly but it will not go beyond that!

Do you know how many aircraft's the U.S. designed and built before they got it right? As the test pilot for the Saegheh said not every platform is meant to be a success what matters is that you build them and you learn what to do and what not to do.

I can't help you! you are truly too far gone! Main characteristics of an interceptor is speed and the ability to fire BVR missiles!

Qaher is a cheep subsonic platform!

And according to your own source the one they showed was the main one and not a mock up!

Until Iran has the ability to produce a more advanced engine it can not produce a platform that much more superior than the Saegheh / F-5E design

I feel like I'm talking to a little baby and trying to take his lollypop away by telling him I know it tastes good but it's not good for you!

and just like that lollypop I know the Q-313 looks nice but it's not a good aircraft and it is not good for Iran to pursue and Iranian Engineers and Air Force personal know this!!! And if you were truly listening and looking at Dehghans body language in the 1st interview where the Q-313 was brought up you would understand that the Q-313 is an aircraft that Iran has absolutely no intention of producing & yes at best they will probably build one just to prove that it can fly but it will not go beyond that!

Do you know how many aircraft's the U.S. designed and built before they got it right? As the test pilot for the Saegheh said not every platform is meant to be a success what matters is that you build them and you learn what to do and what not to do.
as long as I can listen to their voice, I wont need body language.
Yes, Qaher will need an advanced engine to become an interceptor, and that's why Dehghan said it's a close combat support in the first phase and an interceptor in the next phases. which part of it you don't understand?!

It's better to gradually improve a platform, rather than spending time and money to design and build different ones.

as long as I can listen to their voice, I wont need body language.
Yes, Qaher will need an advanced engine to become an interceptor, and that's why Dehghan said it's a close combat support in the first phase and an interceptor in the next phases. which part of this sentence you don't understand?!

It's better to gradually improve a platform, rather than spending time and money to design and build different ones.

Go 21:40 into the video

Between 21:50 - 21:55

He states that we built a working prototype and chose not to pursue it! If you understood Farsi you would understand that!
And he continues by clearly implying that the Saegheh & Kowsar 88 are superior

But he doesn't kill hope!!! Politely says that he spoke to the Qhaher project manager we have to reconsider some of the characteristics of the Qaher & after the Kowsar 88 project is completed we will restart R&D in a revised version of the Q-313

Basically he told the F-313 project manager you have until the end of the Kowsar 88 project to bring me a new design of the Qaher that has the potential of being superior to the Saegheh & I will give you the R&D funds, tools a facilities to build a prototype!

But the F-313 that you have a picture of with those wings and that shape is dead because it's been tested and rejected. and a more powerful engine is not going to solve the issue and he has till the end of the Kowsar 88 project to come up with a design that the DIO will investigate and decide whether to fund or not as it should be

Back
Top Bottom