What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

:tup: Perhaps the Iranian technicians and engineers were already working on an idea similar to the one presented here by the user Mitridate

3trK8sq.jpg

:tup: Perhaps the Iranian technicians and engineers were already working on an idea similar to the one presented here by the user Mitridate

3trK8sq.jpg

As soon as i saw this photo i remembered the same Photoshop image that you made. its looks a loooot like it but what is the point of IRIAF for doing that? its part of a Project named shahid (Martyr)

what is the end game here?

Could it be part of UCAV project?

could be the prototype and if you are right than it will be one big UAV like X47 but it will not be stealth because it does not have any anti-radar materials. but i do not think its UAV.

could be the prototype and if you are right than it will be one big UAV like X47 but it will not be stealth because it does not have any anti-radar materials. but i do not think its UAV.

Those wings are not the finished product so we can't say if they will have RAM or not.
As for size, the wings seem a little bit small to my eyes for a manned jet unless they are for something Kowsar size.

Those wings are not the finished product so we can't say if they will have RAM or not.
As for size, the wings seem a little to my eyes for a manned jet unless they are for something Kowsar size.
i agree i think its for Kowsar size project like shafaq.

146874725676593.jpg

57410412.jpg

I'll be happy to see something new but not excited until we see a project for something semi-heavy to heavy.

Which jet is that?

I do not know, but I think the cabin is made in Iran and does not belong to any other fighter. there is one prototype too.

kjkhhhh%20j%20(13)-whb-640px-427px-ffffff.jpg

what is the end game here?

Almost all the parts of the F-5 / kowsar are now made in Iran, and Iranian technicians and engineers have deciphered each component and developed the ability to make aerodynamic changes (see saeghe), so it might be logical to try to further develop this platform to evaluate new configurations.
Having F-5 fuselages available they may have designed a version with a new type of wings even at the prototype level only; protocype to be used for evaluation and comparative purposes to ascertain whether the new configuration brings a substantial advantage over an F5 / Kowsar in the original configuration.
Using parts of the F5 / Kowsar the cost of this prototype should be more limited vs a new model completely to be built from scratch

Back
Top Bottom