What's new

Iraq's war against IS terrorism | Updates and Discussions

That doesn't really hold true considering the massive gains in Anbar province. ISIS really only holds 3 cities worth and have been unable to re-penetrate even after over a year (in the case of Tikrit). ISIS have alienated much of the Iraqi Sunni population and have driven many tribes to openly support the Iraqi government with not just political statements but with men to volunteer fighting against ISIS.

I don't believe ISIS has the numbers and figured their gains in Ramadi wouldn't last long at all. Sunni/Shia/Christian/Atheist doesn't matter me. It's not a Sunni vs Shia war, it's a certain mentality/philosophy against another mentality/philosophy. From my perspective, it is people who believe religion decides society and isn't man-made, against those who are skeptical and want to limit religion's influence. And you Iraqi's just happen to be the unfortunate center of this conflict seen across the whole region/world. It requires a philosophical/theological discussion for the long term. In the short term, however, people of those mentality will 'lash out' and give their final go as they see religions influence and meaning is waning and beginning to evolve.

Trebil border crossing with Jordan border got cleared.

CjApD9YW0AImdtq.jpg

I don't believe ISIS has the numbers and figured their gains in Ramadi wouldn't last long at all. Sunni/Shia/Christian/Atheist doesn't matter me. It's not a Sunni vs Shia war, it's a certain mentality/philosophy against another mentality/philosophy. From my perspective, it is people who believe religion decides society and isn't man-made, against those who are skeptical and want to limit religion's influence. And you Iraqi's just happen to be the unfortunate center of this conflict seen across the whole region/world. It requires a philosophical/theological discussion for the long term. In the short term, however, people of those mentality will 'lash out' and give their final go as they see religions influence and meaning is waning and beginning to evolve.

None of that is really very important for a military victory in actually securing a city. These political and societal aspects happen after the fact not before.

None of that is really very important for a military victory in actually securing a city. These political and societal aspects happen after the fact not before.

My argument, was that what I described in the post, is fueling the conflict in Iraq and elsewhere.

That doesn't really hold true considering the massive gains in Anbar province. ISIS really only holds 3 cities worth and have been unable to re-penetrate even after over a year (in the case of Tikrit). ISIS have alienated much of the Iraqi Sunni population and have driven many tribes to openly support the Iraqi government with not just political statements but with men to volunteer fighting against ISIS.
Instead wasting your efforts on the north, the Kurds can take care of Anbar, go south and suffocate the wahabis in the egg, and you will see how long ISIS will stay in Iraq..

Instead wasting your efforts on the north, the Kurds can take care of Anbar, go south and suffocate the wahabis in the egg, and you will see how long ISIS will stay in Iraq..

Instead of wasting effort anywhere why not let the Kurds handle IS all on their own, US air power is not needed either since they're such warriors..

Instead of wasting effort anywhere why not let the Kurds handle IS all on their own, US air power is not needed either since they're such warriors..
The truth is that Iraqi forces have been spinning their wheels against well dug ISIS...War of attrition will be felt worse by Iraqi forces than by ISIS...So the best way to deal with ISIS, is to let the Kurds contain them and let the Iraqi armed forces deal a blow to the Sauds which Iraq ignored for the time being...If you smash the Sauds, ISIS will vanish in the air..

Symbolic battle for Fallujah has begun, shelling is reported, no reports on ground confrontations yet. Fallujah is as symbolic as Raqqa and Mosul are for ISIS. Everyone I'm sure is familiar with the history around Fallujah and the reputation it developed, so if ISIS loses it, it will be a moral blow to them. But also greatly affect operational capacity in Anbar province.

The shelling it as night time, and probably will continue throughout the night until sunrise(or Fajr prayer) where ground operations will likely begin.

Symbolic battle for Fallujah has begun, shelling is reported, no reports on ground confrontations yet. Fallujah is as symbolic as Raqqa and Mosul are for ISIS. Everyone I'm sure is familiar with the history around Fallujah and the reputation it developed, so if ISIS loses it, it will be a moral blow to them. But also greatly affect operational capacity in Anbar province.

The shelling it as night time, and probably will continue throughout the night until sunrise(or Fajr prayer) where ground operations will likely begin.

What are you actually hoping for If you don't mind me asking. We were both on this forum during 2013 and 2014 and I remember what you stood for.

For those who are new, our friend Hazzy was cheering for IS.

--

IA liberated Garma city which is linked to Fallujah.

Also the Iraqi gov authorized US use of Apaches, previously the US offered this for Ramadi but the gov did not want it. Maybe they will be used for Fallujah.

U.S. officials tell CBS News that American military advisers will not go forward into Fallujah with the Iraqi forces, but some U.S. artillery at the Taqaddum air base, west of Fallujah, can reach targets in the ISIS-held city and may be put to use.

American Apache helicopter gunships are also available, have not been requested as support by the Iraqis yet.

CjHJA0kWUAACSeq.jpg:large

Last edited:
What are you actually hoping for If you don't mind me asking. We were both on this forum during 2013 and 2014 and I remember what you stood for.

For those who are new, our friend Hazzy was cheering for IS.

--

1.) No I wasn't
2.) I'm an atheist now
3.) It's irrational to suggest the government should allow any territory to not be within state hands
4.) I have no hope for the region
5.) Stability won't make the most out of Iraq, its people need change of mentality
6.) I'm no longer immature like you are.
7.) You're a sectarian individual who claims to be secular
8.) If you were a man, you would let mods open PM between us and exchange personal information, but like your Iraqi Turkmen cousins, you're good for nothing.

Americans captured Fallijah twice in past decade, now Iran supported by America will capture it again. Wont change anything.

1.) No I wasn't
2.) I'm an atheist now
3.) It's irrational to suggest the government should allow any territory to not be within state hands
4.) I have no hope for the region
5.) Stability won't make the most out of Iraq, its people need change of mentality
6.) I'm no longer immature like you are.
7.) You're a sectarian individual who claims to be secular
8.) If you were a man, you would let mods open PM between us and exchange personal information, but like your Iraqi Turkmen cousins, you're good for nothing.

You know I could troll since you're still hot headed but i'm not interested in that, you're also looking for a fight like the one u had with blackeagle years ago yet you tell me to grow up.

Americans captured Fallijah twice in past decade, now Iran supported by America will capture it again. Wont change anything.

Depends what you mean by 'change something'. A successful operation would mean all the south is under government control, which has been unseen for a period of a few years. They can't stop all the splinter cells, but that is move towards stability. And it seems they're doing better job of follow up security on the offensives. Now the question is the north, and what will be done there, and how the economy is supposed to work....

You know I could troll since you're still hot headed but i'm not interested in that, you're also looking for a fight like the one u had with blackeagle years ago yet you tell me to grow up.

Not hot headed anymore, and you already were trolling. It seems you confuse man-hood with hot headedness. In Arab culture, all males have concept of 'manhood', and it has to be an aspect of their character, otherwise they get stepped all over. Very simple, if you're looking to troll or get something across, then man up and request PM from mods. But, it seems you hardly know anything about Arab culture, maybe since you're Turkish.

Back
Top Bottom