What's new

Iran's Hormoz-2, worlds first anti-radiation ballistic missile

I'm surprised Pakistan hasn't looked into tech like this for Coastal Defense.

Instead of making it a 300 km version, just get ToT from Iran (if your on friendly term; like India did from Russian for Yakhont) and extend the range of the BM to 1,000 km or more.

On the other hand, I fully believe that Pakistan has expertise to build one from scratch (tho R&D and finances are a different matter).

Coastal Defense BM's like the Hormoz-2:-
  • Through the use of BM tech per-each-missile cost can be greatly reduced, greatly than a CM's price can ever be.
  • Thus salvos of these sweet babies will be much more cost effective; akin to 10 BM's = 1 CM or more (cost wise).
  • Higher rate of contact with the enemy vessel (10 BM's vs 1 CM).
  • Higher range than a regular fielded CM (1,000 km or more vs a 700 km Babur).
  • Easier manufacturing practices involved in the creation of these BM's (easier in comparison to the making of a CM, like Babur).
  • In Terminal phase (through added boost or not), velocity can be increased to that of a hypersonic object thus decreasing the chance of interception of missile (delay in targeting, acquisition & implementation).
  • If the technology is miniaturized (a smaller 1,000 km version), it can add great capacity to a single TEL carrier vehicle thus leading to greater number of BM's being fielding in a single region or theater.

Just some of the many advantages presented by such technology. Please mention any disadvantage (if you see any). This can be helpful to our Iranian brothers too.

Your input(s) will be greatly appreciated -> @Horus @Oscar @MastanKhan @war&peace @Penguin @fatman17

Instead of making it a 300 km version, just get ToT from Iran (if your on friendly term; like India did from Russian for Yakhont) and extend the range of the BM to 1,000 km or more.

Completely unrealistic. The Hormuz is based off the Fateh-110, which is a SMALL missile. The longest range development of it has a 750 km range. You can't just up the range so easily. And reducing the size of the missile even more is out of the question. Besides, when you increase the range you also need to increase the range of your detection and guidance equipment.

As for India, Brahmos has a 300 km range, where as the P-800 has a 600 km range. It is reduced in range, not the otter way around.

China uses satellites ,special OTH radars to detect and track a enemy ship

You think we don't have OTH radars?

1*WJof9bIguRRo3Q-AQwN01w.jpeg

Ghadir OTH radar

As for warheads, look at the missile and you will see guidance fins.

And here is the test footage of the Khalij Fars anti-ship ballistic missile which the Hormuz is based on.

I'll also add that you don't know what you are talking about, so refrain from trying to teach others your falsehoods.

Completely unrealistic. The Hormuz is based off the Fateh-110, which is a SMALL missile. The longest range development of it has a 750 km range. You can't just up the range so easily. And reducing the size of the missile even more is out of the question. Besides, when you increase the range you also need to increase the range of your detection and guidance equipment.

As for India, Brahmos has a 300 km range, where as the P-800 has a 600 km range. It is reduced in range, not the otter way around.

True for the first paragraph; what I meant in the 2nd one (which you misunderstood) was that if we ToT the missile from you (the 300 km one), just like India did from Russia, maybe we can increase it's range to a 1,000 too.

There's only 250 km of a difference between 750 km & 1,000 km. I don't know what kind of tech is on that Fateh-110 (maybe it could use better propellant & whatnot) but considering it's dimensions, range can definitely be increased imo.

For example:-

Fateh-110 (8.86 m L, 0.61 m D, 650 kg warhead; range ~300 km) (Solid stage)

Shaheen-I (12 m L, 1 m D, 1,000 kg warhead; range ~900 km) (Solid stage); maybe a 650 kg warhead means an increased range to 1,000 km or more? o_O

Ghauri-II (18 m L, 1.35 m D, 1,200 kg warhead; range 1500-1800 km) (Liquid Stage); range is already ~1800 km at 1,200 kg so if we decrease the size of the warhead by nearly half to 650 kg (like in Fateh-110 AshBM variant) the range of the proposed AshBM can be made to ~2,000-2500 km)

In between the 3 BM's posted, all have ~5 m of increase in Length (and ~.4m in Diameter) which has led to increase in range from 750 km to 900 km and then to a whooping ~1,800 km (note, Ghauri-II is liquid fueled) so
propellant definitely has a say in the increasing of range.

In the end, Shaheen-I and Ghauri-II have never been changed into a AshBM so I can definitely expect a decrease in range. But if tactics are used carefully, you can never truly estimate a missile's range ;)

Last edited:
@BHarwana What's your opinion on a Pakistani AshBM based on Shaheen-IA or Ghauri-2?

One liners won't help :P

btw, another saudi warship sunk, a water mine
Which ship, where and when? Source? Imagery?

Exactly, U.S. plus any of their remaining wahabbi toadies in the region.

Here is your advanced state godman...........you see what Iranian missiles do to your advanced state?:omghaha:
Hitting HSV is about as complicated as shooting a fish in a barrel: it is a converted ferry, if has no defensive systems whatsoever, nor the structural strength and damage control facilities of a real warship. And even then, she didn't sink.

The Saudi navy frigate was attacked but came into port under her own power, with just a tarpaulin cover over the lower rear deck and helicopter. Likely only the sonar fish and/or helicopter sustained damage. Not sunk.
As for showing a downed Ah-64 and M-60 being blown up, no weapon system is invulnerable and combat will mean incurring some losses. THe And in the case of the M-60 tank that is not a huge achievement. Is it just me or does your ' yemeni forces down a Saudi helicopter' video notcontain any footage said helicopter?

And here is the test footage of the Khalij Fars anti-ship ballistic missile which the Hormuz is based on.

This shows Khalij Fars can hit a stationary target at sea. What about a manoeuvring target? What about the degree to which the warhead itself can manoeuvre, as compared to a straight forward BM?

There's another fator with regards to using ballistic missiles to strike ships and that is the KE=1/2mv^2 (equation for kinetic force ). The sheer amount of force of these missiles hitting a ship will just decimate it. And the bigger the missile and higher speed the greater damage is done and if it does hit likely hood of massive damage us almost certain.

Iran invested in the right field.

Good if you believe in that !
"The missile might be as accurate as 100 m CEP using a combination of inertial guidance and a Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) system, though some sources suggest that the accuracy is much lower. 3 Iranian sources claim that the weapon has a high degree of accuracy, a claim that would suggest in-flight control systems that are not apparent from photos of the missile."
3 = Steven Hildreth, “Iran’s Ballistic Missile and Space Launch Programs,” (Congressional Research Service, December 6, 2012), 19, https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/nuke/R42849.pdf
https://missilethreat.csis.org/missile/fateh-110/

That is what is in the public domain. If you have data that shows it is more accurate, from verifiable and reliable (i.e. publically accessible) sources, please do share.

I'm surprised Pakistan hasn't looked into tech like this for Coastal Defense.

On the other hand, I fully believe that Pakistan has expertise to build one from scratch (tho R&D and finances are a different matter).

Coastal Defense BM's like the Hormoz-2:-
  • Through the use of BM tech per-each-missile cost can be greatly reduced, greatly than a CM's price can ever be.
  • Thus salvos of these sweet babies will be much more cost effective; akin to 10 BM's = 1 CM or more (cost wise).
  • Higher rate of contact with the enemy vessel (10 BM's vs 1 CM).
  • Higher range than a regular fielded CM (1,000 km or more vs a 700 km Babur).
  • Easier manufacturing practices involved in the creation of these BM's (easier in comparison to the making of a CM, like Babur).
  • In Terminal phase (through added boost or not), velocity can be increased to that of a hypersonic object thus decreasing the chance of interception of missile (delay in targeting, acquisition & implementation).
  • If the technology is miniaturized (a smaller 1,000 km version), it can add great capacity to a single TEL carrier vehicle thus leading to greater number of BM's being fielding in a single region or theater.

Just some of the many advantages presented by such technology. Please mention any disadvantage (if you see any). This can be helpful to our Iranian brothers too.

Your input(s) will be greatly appreciated -> @Horus @Oscar @MastanKhan @war&peace @Penguin @fatman17
I appreciate your sense of humour and innocence..mate... :lol:

That is what is in the public domain. If you have data that shows it is more accurate, from verifiable and reliable (i.e. publically accessible) sources, please do share.

No need to do that !!!

Won't change the truth...

This shows Khalij Fars can hit a stationary target at sea.

A stationary target that is 1/20th the size of an aircraft carrier, mind you.

What about a manoeuvring target?

It would only make sense that it is capable of this. Ships don't sit still when targeted by missiles, and Iranian engineers know this.

What about the degree to which the warhead itself can manoeuvre, as compared to a straight forward BM?

Strictly speaking, the Khalij Fars is actually a quasi-ballistic missile. It follows a much shallower trajectory, which allows it to retain aerodynamic control in flight. As for aerodynamic control, it has 3 sets of fins (1 at the nose, 2 at the tail), at least 2 of which (including the nose fins) are moveable. In comparison to most ballistic missiles (including most Iranian ones) which have just 1 set of fins at the tail.

All images of the Fateh series of missiles indicate that the warhead does not separate from the main fuselage, though there is some speculation that the most advanced land variant, the Zolfiqar missile, may have a seperating warhead.

fateh110eo_31.jpg

Whole missile, not just warhead.

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming it for godman, that Western weapons are vulnerable, and get destroyed left and right with Iranian supplied missiles.

Which ship, where and when? Source? Imagery?

Hitting HSV is about as complicated as shooting a fish in a barrel: it is a converted ferry, if has no defensive systems whatsoever, nor the structural strength and damage control facilities of a real warship. And even then, she didn't sink.

The Saudi navy frigate was attacked but came into port under her own power, with just a tarpaulin cover over the lower rear deck and helicopter. Likely only the sonar fish and/or helicopter sustained damage. Not sunk.
As for showing a downed Ah-64 and M-60 being blown up, no weapon system is invulnerable and combat will mean incurring some losses. THe And in the case of the M-60 tank that is not a huge achievement. Is it just me or does your ' yemeni forces down a Saudi helicopter' video notcontain any footage said helicopter?

This shows Khalij Fars can hit a stationary target at sea. What about a manoeuvring target? What about the degree to which the warhead itself can manoeuvre, as compared to a straight forward BM?

You think we don't have OTH radars?

1*WJof9bIguRRo3Q-AQwN01w.jpeg

Ghadir OTH radar

As for warheads, look at the missile and you will see guidance fins.

I'll also add that you don't know what you are talking about, so refrain from trying to teach others your falsehoods.

You didn't even read what I said? Thanks for showing me what I already know

Thanks for confirming it for godman, that Western weapons are vulnerable, and get destroyed left and right with Iranian supplied missiles.
Who said they aren't?o_O

It's the only one because everyone else knows how stupid of an idea it is. Once the missiles are launched the receiving nation has no clue if they are anti-radiation or nuclear so they will launch their how arsenal. In an attempt to destroy a radar you have your whole CPU try destroyed. Will someone try talking sense into these reactionary guards?

you are making your countrymen look goofy!

When an enemy ship has multiple Anti Ship missiles coming in from different directions, and you don't know which one is a an Anti radiation, and which one has terminal guidance (Semi Active Radar Homing) and which one has IR seekers, or may be its a drone decoy?..........what will you do as a hindi?

Will you assume all the above and leave your radar on, in which case you get splashed.........or you gonna shut down your target acquisition radars, or you gonna shut down your surveillance radar or you won't? or maybe shut down the CIWS? or maybe you start making dhaal rottee and praying to ghanga maataa?........what will you do as hindi?

It's an interesting series of questions.

It's the only one because everyone else knows how stupid of an idea it is. Once the missiles are launched the receiving nation has no clue if they are anti-radiation or nuclear so they will launch their how arsenal. In an attempt to destroy a radar you have your whole CPU try destroyed. Will someone try talking sense into these reactionary guards?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom