What's new

Iranian woman sentenced to death to be lashed over photo

But according to the Sharia ,men can take 4 wives . Is that fair ?

just on one condition , if he can treat all his wives equaly.and fullfil their need and demands properly.
Refrence: Surah Nisa

just on one condition , if he can treat all his wives equaly.and fullfil their need and demands properly.
Refrence: Surah Nisa

So how can you check that a man treats his wives equally ? if islam wants to be involved into politics , shouldn't we able to criticize it ? if not then i would say islamic political system is even worse than Communism . it's a dictatorial , totalitarian , cruel , barbaric system .

Last edited:
Given that this is quite common in Iran i am not surprised that there has been no riots or media response to this.

So how can you check that a man treats his wives equally ? if islam wants to be involved into politics , shouldn't we able to criticize it ? if not then i would say islamic political system is even worse than Communism . it's a dictatorial , totalitarian , cruel , barbaric system .

Funny, Some people defend extra-marital relations, illegitimate relations, Gay marriage, **** industry, even some legal prostitution and all of them are sign of tolerance, modernism, intellectuality and humanity but when it comes to polygamy it should define as barbarian unfair laws! Isn't it because it's an Islamic law?

Given that this is quite common in Iran i am not surprised that there has been no riots or media response to this.

That very strict in my opinion, please don't babble 'westerners are racist' :blah:

Aren't they? because I can't see any thread about the American prisoners, death penalty in USA or the juveniles in Guantanamo !
But a criminal in Iran who murdered his husband crucially, who had extra marital relations, and whose trial is not even finished yet, have attracted all the politician in the world, from POP to Carla.
FYI, stoning has been replaced by hanging for some years in Iran but as usual western media looking for propaganda not truth.
just as a footnote since it seems not important, yesterday American drones bombed civilians again, never mind they are bunch of terrorists who care about children and women. We got Iran and stoning as headlines.

Originally Posted by DaRk WaVe View Post
it was actually a Fatwa according to a fatwa issued by Khomeini: all virgin girls facing the death penalty, irrespective of their age should be raped systematically by their killers so that to prevent them from entering the Heaven.

Chowk: Personal: Iran: Life and Death of Women in Islamic Prisons: An Eye Witness Account

Ayatollah Khomeini, Virgin Women Prisoners Must Be Raped Before Execution

Ahmadinejad's Imam: Islam Allows Raping, Torturing Prisoners - Defense/Middle East - Israel News - Israel National News
Total lie, there is not such a Fatwa in Islam or Imam Khomini's Fatwas. I would appreciate that if you provide the exact Fatwa instead of Anti-Islam propaganda of Zionist news agencies. (imam khomini's Fatwas are existed in several languages)

why would i check on polygmist?

Sharia law is the law of the 7th century . We are now living in the 21st century . Most of us consider it cruel and barbaric . BTW ,politics and religions shouldn't mix at all . If islam wants to involve into politics , then is it more a political ideology than a religion . So people shoule be free to criticize it it .

Just being old is not a disadvantage for a law system and being new do not make a thing superior, specially in human science. even sometimes elder laws are more favorable because they had the opportunity to be examined in social structures.
Feel barbaric is not enough to defy a human behavior, in that case killing animals as food, defending your self in self defense or wars and many other human act are looked barbaric but in big picture they are sensible.
And at last, you have the right to criticize religious policies but first you need to study it entirely then in comparison to other systems you could reach to a fair conclusion. What I am witnessing these days is a kind of caricature of Islam and Iran which some media drew and then they put hate to it. Some unpleasant details are aggrandized and the favorable features are deliberately neglected.

Just being old is not a disadvantage for a law system and being new do not make a thing superior, specially in human science. even sometimes elder laws are more favorable because they had the opportunity to be examined in social structures.

It is for something based in the 7th century. See here in Turkey and the U.S. when people are not happy or cheating in a relationship happens. You get divorced. You don't stone a person to death in large mobs.

Feel barbaric is not enough to defy a human behavior, in that case killing animals as food, defending your self in self defense or wars and many other human act are looked barbaric but in big picture they are sensible.

Lashing someone 99 times for having been seen in a picture without a headscarf is sensible ? Are you seriously comparing hunting animals for food to stoning human beings based on illogical ideologies ?

And at last, you have the right to criticize religious policies but first you need to study it entirely then in comparison to other systems you could reach to a fair conclusion. What I am witnessing these days is a kind of caricature of Islam and Iran which some media drew and then they put hate to it. Some unpleasant details are aggrandized and the favorable features are deliberately neglected.

I have the videos buddy. I don't need fox news to tell me what is going on there. I see people being hung with cranes for not conforming to the state religion and the corruption that goes on in the court systems. Your country is running on a system that is not compatible with the modern world.

The woman admitted adultery and murder. As for the links posted by some members that Iran permits **** and so forth and some of the other ones, they are all fallacious.

To my observation, most if not all news about Iran in the western media are propaganda to demonize Islam and it's principles, Iran's leadership, and her motives, for example the nuclear program. Foreign media reported that the judge freed the real murderer because 'the children have forgiven him' and that's why the judge went after the mother, 'apparently' because all Iranian judges are sadists with a special dislike for women-- this includes women members in the judiciary who are also against their own ***. It reads out as being ridiculous. The addition of insane bit, 'because of a photo' is all that was missing from the piece. The sole purpose and manufacture of the story is to abuse Iran and portray is leaders as being a team of savages who deserve not even the honor to defend themselves or their principles.

It has a likeness to when an Iranian cleric figuratively stated that immodesty causes 'earthquakes' in one's family and the foreign media took off in yet another frenzy-- the whole 'Boob-Quake' exercise which followed was a testament to the partaking womens' own decadence rather than an insult to the cleric.

She has helped murder her husband and she is not an innocent person foreign media portray her to be and moreover she, like most in Iran, was already aware of the legal consequences of such an action.

Anyways, it's amusing for me that 'spiced-up' domestic Iranian district court rulings and convicted Iranians are of so much interest for major news sources and take up which would otherwise be very expensive advertising space.

Iranian law not sharia anyway this is idiotic

Ma'am, with all due respect, unless you have studied in depth Shar'ia law and from different jurisprudent and schools and with addition know the length and breath of Iranian law codes, your opinion is inconclusive.

It is for something based in the 7th century. See here in Turkey and the U.S. when people are not happy or cheating in a relationship happens. You get divorced. You don't stone a person to death in large mobs.

Sir, you incorrectly make it out as if divorce is not a segment of Iranian law. If the women had chosen to divorce it would have been another thing, instead she assisted in murder of her husband. For your knowledge, divorce is not uncommon in Iran. In fact the divorce rates are worrisome. Also, a women's rights in divorce are beneficial to those of a man as per Iranian law. I do hope you understand that there is a difference between being unhappy with a mate and divorcing them with assisting in their murder.

The woman admitted adultery and murder. As for the links posted by some members that Iran permits **** and so forth and some of the other ones, they are all fallacious.

To my observation, most if not all news about Iran in the western media are propaganda to demonize Islam and it's principles, Iran's leadership, and her motives, for example the nuclear program. Foreign media reported that the judge freed the real murderer because 'the children have forgiven him' and that's why the judge went after the mother, 'apparently' because all Iranian judges are sadists with a special dislike for women-- this includes women members in the judiciary who are also against their own ***. It reads out as being ridiculous. The addition of insane bit, 'because of a photo' is all that was missing from the piece. The sole purpose and manufacture of the story is to abuse Iran and portray is leaders as being a team of savages who deserve not even the honor to defend themselves or their principles.

It has a likeness to when an Iranian cleric figuratively stated that immodesty causes 'earthquakes' in one's family and the foreign media took off in yet another frenzy-- the whole 'Boob-Quake' exercise which followed was a testament to the partaking womens' own decadence rather than an insult to the cleric.

She has helped murder her husband and she is not an innocent person foreign media portray her to be and moreover she, like most in Iran, was already aware of the legal consequences of such an action.

Anyways, it's amusing for me that 'spiced-up' domestic Iranian district court rulings and convicted Iranians are of so much interest for major news sources and take up which would otherwise be very expensive advertising space.

When you torture people or threaten their family members confessions are easy. Obviously this is a flawed practice that does nothing. I have issues understanding how so many 15 and 16 year old kids and hung for murder in Iran.

Despite retracting a confession she said she had been forced to make under duress, Ashtiani was convicted of "adultery while being married" and sentenced to death by stoning.

Back
Top Bottom