What's new

Iranian Space program

Raafay powers Zoljanah

Who agrees ?

ISA is at least 1 maybe two generations behind IRGC-AF in engine tech. Zoljanah is late 2000’s Iranian tech. And IRGC will not turn over Raafay to ISA when it can use it for its own program.

I thought Zoljanah was going to be two Sejill stages plus a Salman stage.

Also a 60T+ thrust engine has also been tested which blows the combined Zoljanah 40T+ out of the water.

ISA is at least 1 maybe two generations behind IRGC-AF in engine tech. Zoljanah is late 2000’s Iranian tech. And IRGC will not turn over Raafay to ISA when it can use it for its own program.

I thought Zoljanah was going to be two Sejill stages plus a Salman stage.

Also a 60T+ thrust engine has also been tested which blows the combined Zoljanah 40T+ out of the water.

I was saying Zoljanah should use Raafay if it has a true dual-purpose as an ICBM as outsiders claim. Its turning out to be a very successful SLV of ISA with a 100 % sub-orbital launch record. IRGC organizations have previously helped regular Iranian organizations. IRSSJO is an IRGC arm but it helps IRIAF with spare parts procurement/development. F-14AM upgradation is their work not HESA.

Zoljanah already uses Sejjil-related stages but not the exact Sejjil stages. Norbert claims that the thrusts and isp's are totally different.

I was saying Zoljanah should use Raafay

I took what you said at face value:

Raafay powers Zoljanah

Who agrees ?

IRGC organizations have previously helped regular Iranian organizations.

Yes, but ISA is a government organization not a military one. Rafaee is very sensitive tech just like Qaem was in 2010’s. IRGC can’t just hand over Rafaee without also turning over important data/blueprints/etc to the organization so they can calibrate their SLV.

Which now opens up the possibility that one of those ISA scientists is an Israeli spy or gets enticed by Israeli Mossad to turn over documents on rafaee that they can then feed into their simulations and better prepare their air defenses systems and future systems. I don’t see a whole lot of upside. Especially considering Zoljanah is still a light SLV payload wise dealing with LEO orbit and with payloads of under 250kg.

Future Iranian ICBM will come from the motors tested at Shahrud. Not 2000’s Zoljanah tech. But if we are going to talk hypotheticals on If Iran wanted to create an ICBM in under 12 months....Then I’d rather see a modified Khorramshahr-Rafaee based IRBM/ICBM. Khorramshahr-2 already has higher payload than Sejill-2 at similar distance and up to 4000KM with a lighter payload.

I took what you said at face value:

Yes, but ISA is a government organization not a military one. Rafaee is very sensitive tech just like Qaem was in 2010’s. IRGC can’t just hand over Rafaee without also turning over important data/blueprints/etc to the organization so they can calibrate their SLV.

Which now opens up the possibility that one of those ISA scientists is an Israeli spy or gets enticed by Israeli Mossad to turn over documents on rafaee that they can then feed into their simulations and better prepare their air defenses systems and future systems. I don’t see a whole lot of upside. Especially considering Zoljanah is still a light SLV payload wise dealing with LEO orbit and with payloads of under 250kg.

Future Iranian ICBM will come from the motors tested at Shahrud. Not 2000’s Zoljanah tech. But if we are going to talk hypotheticals on If Iran wanted to create an ICBM in under 12 months....Then I’d rather see a modified Khorramshahr-Rafaee based IRBM/ICBM. Khorramshahr-2 already has higher payload than Sejill-2 at similar distance and up to 4000KM with a lighter payload.

IRGC led organizations have helped governments or military institutions before. They are not a separate state within a state. MoD joins IRGC to rest of the Iranian institutions. IRSSJO of IRGC has been helping AIO sine Shahab-I/II times. Similarly, IRIAF has been getting their help for F-4 and F-14 upgrades. There are other examples too. I dont like their battle-hardened field soldiers becoming ministers though because they are not the media dealing type of sharp people.

Your Israeli spy theory can be applied to any organization of Iran not just ISA. Hasn't IRGC recently arrested one of their own commanders recently in connection with Fakhrizadeh recently according to the rumor?

Raafay has no application on Khorramshahr. IISS estimation of Khorramshahr-II (with MaRV) range with CEP of <5 m is around 600 Kg for 3500 KM. Hwasong-12 equivalent of Iran only 10 times more accurate. So its a proper IRBM.

Iranian ICBM preparation has three lineages IMO:

(1) Sejjil-GRV (From great prophets) Salman can be a ~4000 KM ranging IRBM/ICBM, a famous design that Patarames, Norbert Brugge, and David Lenox have all presented before as Sejjil-IRBM. All they need to do is to replace the yellow GRV of Ghadr on Sejjil with Salman TVC.
(2) Zoljanah SLV deploys its RV from an Apogee of 1000 KM.
(3) Qassed is a sophisticated system with a possible 4500-5000+ km range according to at least one commentator, it has all the ingredients, Road Mobile TEL, TVC terminal stage, and history of successful launches. last but not least, it has a stamp of success on it called IRGC-AF. They dont fail easily.

Zoljanah is not a 10 year old design. It had its first successful launch in 2021. We still dont know what powers it. We know its related to Sejjil but not exactly Sejjil's engines. We know Sejjils solid-fueled engines, We know there was a Ghaem engine at Shahroud, and Raafay exists now, but what powers Zoljanah is a mystery.

A look at Zul Janah satellite carrier
Excellent video. Some points as I understand them (please alert me of corrections):
  1. first stage solid fuel with video on testing. No name was given. Is this Raaefe or not?
  2. second stage is a variation of the Khorramshahr missile also used as first stage of Safir
  3. Third stage liquid fuel for precision steering.
  4. Orbital injection 210kg at 500 km
  5. The specs indicate that as an ICBM it can carry 800kg payload 12000 km (!).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom