What's new

Iranian Space Program

are you sure?
any source in persian or english?

According to unofficial Chinese internet sources, an Iranian participation in the future Chinese space station program has been discussed. This involvement might range from simply sending astronauts to the 60 tons class space station to contributing with development of a space laboratory module. International manned space cooperation has officially been disclosed for the first time after the launch of the Chinese Shenzhou 7 spacecraft.[82]

ISA to launch a monkey into space
8-6-2012_62218_l.jpg

TEHRAN: Iran isn't a country with a high profile in space tourism – but that could soon change. On Wednesday, the Iran Space Agency (ISA) announced its intention to launch a live Rhesus monkey into space. But can it bring the animal back?

A previous attempt to launch a craft carrying a monkey failed last October, stalling Iran's space ambitions. Now the mission is back on track, with a launch planned for mid-August, after the Islamic month of Ramadan ends.

It is not the first time Iran has shown interest in launching animals into orbit. In 2010, the ISA's Kavoshgar-3 rocket carried worms, a mouse and two turtles as passengers. More significantly, the animals were reportedly safely returned to Earth.

It would be a major advance in Iran's space programme if the country is able to successfully return a monkey to Earth. "This would show its capability to return scientific payloads from orbit," says Bhupendra Jasani of King's College London, who studies the military use of space. "However, to launch a human may take some time."

Iranian forays into space exploration have surprised international onlookers due to their speed and secrecy. Iran has launched three domestically made satellites in as many years, and a fourth is to be launched in the next few months. Iran is the ninth country to put domestically built satellites into orbit, and the sixth to send animals into space.

Congrats Monkey and Iran

Anyone have updates regarding the new space facility or Simorgh SLV? I think at least of these projects should be done by now, the former most likely. Have they already started developing a new SLV or am I getting ahead of myself? :lol::whistle:

most of pics in The first pages are unavailable, please before sent them here upload them in a good host, i dont say do this job for all your pics in PDF , but for important subject and thread Like this, please do it.

Anyone have updates regarding the new space facility or Simorgh SLV? I think at least of these projects should be done by now, the former most likely. Have they already started developing a new SLV or am I getting ahead of myself? :lol::whistle:

Both of them should be completed until the end of current Iranian year (21th of March) according to officials.Somorgh SLV actually has been completed,but they are doing some safety tests on it for heavier payloads,I don't think there would be any problems.The first satellite on Simorgh SLV is going to be launched from new space facility since the current one is a bit small and also far from the ocean and it can be dangerous as it may fail and go down on some cities.:D

most of pics in The first pages are unavailable, please before sent them here upload them in a good host, i dont say do this job for all your pics in PDF , but for important subject and thread Like this, please do it.

Agree :whistle:

Both of them should be completed until the end of current Iranian year (21th of March) according to officials.Somorgh SLV actually has been completed,but they are doing some safety tests on it for heavier payloads,I don't think there would be any problems.The first satellite on Simorgh SLV is going to be launched from new space facility since the current one is a bit small and also far from the ocean and it can be dangerous as it may fail and go down on some cities.:D

Just read my post, what I meant to say was that is Iran already planning to build a new SLV after Simorgh SLV. The Simorgh SLV was unveiled in 2010, just a year after Iran’s first successful satellite launch. So it was at least in development before 2009. It’s 2012 now, and they will launch it next year when all safety tests are finalized as you stated. So I suspected since 2010, they already were planning for Simorgh successor. Now reports are coming out that Iran is building a solid propellant satellite launcher vehicles and the reason for the explosion on missile complex in Karaj was due to research on Solid propellant satellite launcher vehicles.

I cannot wait, hopefully Iran successfully launches the Simorgh next year and unveils this new Solid Fuel SLV next year as well ;)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom