What's new

Iranian Space Program

Someone can tell me weight of the heaviest satellite Iran send to space?

Someone can tell me weight of the heaviest satellite Iran send to space?

Safir-1B can carry around 58kg into elliptical orbit.
Simorgh SLV can carry the same weight higher into orbit.

If I may ask, why did you choose a scene from Persepolis for your avatar?

Apparently Iran is going to launch the Simorgh on June 2.

space[***]skyrocket[***]de/news[***]htm
edit. :hitwall:damn. sorry for the crappy link. I can't post links yet. Replace the friggin' *** with a '.' .

50 kg. It was not stabilized and decayed after 2 months on orbit:

NAVID Satellite details 2012-005A NORAD 38075

Honey, at least read your own source! :D

"Comments: NAVID (Gospel), was designed to collect data on weather conditions and monitor for natural disasters. The satellite weighs about 110 pounds (50 kilograms) and will orbit Earth at an altitude of up to 234 miles (375 kilometers), circling the planet 15 times a day. Navid, produced at an Iranian engineering university, is the third small satellite that Iran launched over the past years and is expected to remain in orbit for about two months. The two earlier satellites — Omid, launched in 2009, and Rasad, sent into orbit in June 2011 — lasted three weeks and 82 days, respectively. The satellite has advanced control technology, a higher-resolution camera and photocells to generate power. (source: IRNA)"

Launch date: February 3, 2012
Decay date: 2012-04-02

That is 2 months!

@SOHEIL

If i'm not mistake,the New launch base supposed to be inaugurated today. do you know what happened?

iRAN_pIX_6_TEST_CELL.jpg

KSLC_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@SOHEIL

If i'm not mistake,the New launch base supposed to be inaugurated today. do you know what happened?

iRAN_pIX_6_TEST_CELL.jpg

KSLC_1.jpg

first image : Space Research and Test Center

second image : Imam Khomeini Space Launch Center

they are going to unveil Imam sadegh space center ... i don't know what happend !!!

all the unveiling ceremonies canceled !!! :undecided:

Last edited by a moderator:
first image : Space Research and Test Center

second image : Imam Khomeini Space Launch Center

they are going to unveil Imam sadegh space center ... i don't know what happend !!!

all the unveiling ceremonies canceled !!! :undecided:

are you sure the first image doesn't belong to Imam Khomeini Space Launch Center?

where is Imam sadegh space center? i didn't heard it before, could you give some information about that or there is no information?

i have an idea why they didn't do that. it's because of election. they dont want the government use these achievements for their Campaign.

Back
Top Bottom