What's new

Iranian military engine development news and updates

Why would they not plan to mass produce these?

MAPNA is a private company making the parts and components of the engine (e.g. single crystal blades).. If you ask me the mass production will be done by OWJ industries,,the same company that makes mass produced jet engines for the Kowsar , Yasin and some of the drones.

MAPNA is a private company making the parts and components of the engine (e.g. single crystal blades).. If you ask me the mass production will be done by OWJ industries,,the same company that makes mass produced jet engine for the Kowsar and Yasin.
But here MAPNA created this engine, why would they only make one then another company (who has no experience with it since MAPNA made it) would take over production?

It doesn't make sense, perhaps there isn't demand for the production of these large engines within Iran yet. But at least the capability is there.

But here MAPNA created this engine, why would they only make one then another company (who has no experience with it since MAPNA made it) would take over production?

It doesn't make sense, perhaps there isn't demand for the production of these large engines within Iran yet. But at least the capability is there.
The engines are destined for Iranian Regional Jet ..just a guess.

Remember Iran always makes the engine first and then the airframe.:p:
media%2FFk_AvH4XEAAbw-H.jpg

Last edited:
False alarm guys. The thing being tested was the engine stand, not the engine itself.
I mean, it was obvious. It would've been too big of leap from the Jahesh engine, when we still haven't seen the turbofan version of the OWJ

False alarm guys. The thing being tested was the engine stand, not the engine itself.
I mean, it was obvious. It would've been too big of leap from the Jahesh engine, when we still haven't seen the turbofan version of the OWJ
That is not what the report and video mention..The report exact translation..

آزمایش موفق موتور کاملا ایرانی هواپیما با حضور رئیس‌جمهور​

با حضور رئیس جمهور در شرکت مپنا موتور کاملا ایرانی و نیز سیستم کنترل موتور هوایی که به روش مهندسی معکوس توسط متخصصان گروه صنعتی مپنا ساخته شده است، با موفقیت آزمایش شد.

"Successful test of Completely Iranian built aircraft engine in the presence of president".

N
o where in the report it mentions it was test of the stand alone and the second part:

"in the presence of president in MAPNA company the completely Iranian aircraft engine and its associated Electronic control system that are built by reverse engineering methods by the experts of MAPNA group were successfully tested"

So please enlighten us if you have more info.!!

Last edited:
That is not what the report and video mention..The report exact translation..So can you let us know where you got your info!!!

با حضور رئیس جمهور در شرکت مپنا موتور کاملا ایرانی و نیز سیستم کنترل موتور هوایی که به روش مهندسی معکوس توسط متخصصان گروه صنعتی مپنا ساخته شده است، با موفقیت آزمایش شد.

"Successful test of Completely Iranian built aircraft engine in the presence of president". no where in the report it mentions it was test of the stand alone.
and the second part:

"in the presence of president in MAPNA company the completely Iranian aircraft engine and its associated Electronic control system that are built by reverse engineering methods by the experts of MAPNA group were successfully tested"
As also indicated on the presidential website, here in the English version
https://www.president.ir/en/143639

Iran is the only country in this region that already makes single crystal Turbine blades....Iranian "E" -class and now the new "F" class turbines use that technology already .
I think 12 of the Iranian "E"-class turbines have already been installed in your country's Rumaila power plants in Basra..:-)
Both E and F used directional hardening alloys

But I am happy that I heard it’s single crystal

That is not what the report and video mention..The report exact translation..

"Successful test of Completely Iranian built aircraft engine in the presence of president".

N
o where in the report it mentions it was test of the stand alone and the second part:

So please enlighten us if you have more info.!!
the report was wrong , they built the engine stand

All of that was for the engine stand? A lot of the reports were contradictory, MAPNA's statement was not very clear
the engine was not even a new one , it was an old engine that was maintained

why the hell they would invite the president to "Test a stand" lol are you guys smoking something ? the engine was tested not the stand :omghaha:

they reversed engineered the CFM56 and its now fully made @ Mapna

"

Iran successfully tests homegrown plane engine​

"

Iran is taking another giant technological leap. The country has managed to successfully test a homegrown plane engine. President Ebrahim Raeisi says he is proud of the efforts made by skilled workers and experts of MAPNA Company.

click on the link for the video report.

Last edited:
Pataramesh is not a reliable source, not even a engineer just another "Panahandeh" in the west. i dont take such types very serious.

just another "Twitter expert"

i know some of the engineers from MAPNA working on the project (im following them on social media)

and in their posts they claim all PARTS tested today on the engine were made @mapna.

mapna-engine.jpg

mapna-engine234.jpg

Back
Top Bottom