What's new

Iranian military engine development news and updates

on gab.com they have an AI what paint pictures of the things you wrote/described. Its funny thing.

View attachment 917854
Gosh, that’s nothing. TODAY and PUBLICLY available are powerful language (Eg chatGPT, and coming Bard and lambda), graphics generators like mid journey, stable diffusion fall-e) and various powerful video and music ai generators. People are stringing these up on a regular basis . We are currently at a species inflection point.

This why Iran needs to have 100% domestic aircraft engine industry (they will let you jump up and down because you made an airframe as some people in the neighborhood have done but will enslave you with engine supply)

American view and plans for China and Russia engine industry (taken from article by Richard Aboulafia, a managing director at AeroDynamic Advisory).

"The U.S. Should Kill China’s Aircraft Industry"

For China:
Engines are the weakest link in China’s civil aviation plans. Airframes and aircraft systems and technologies may be difficult to develop, but jet engines are at a completely different level in terms of barriers to entry. In fact, only three companies, located in two countries (General Electric (GE) and Raytheon/Pratt & Whitney in the United States and Rolls-Royce in the U.K.) build commercial jet engines. France’s Safran plays a role as a partner to GE in the CFM joint venture, but otherwise there are no other sourcing options.
For Russia:
Russia could not become a jet engine supplier option for China. The Soviet Union had a second-rate commercial engine industry for mostly domestic applications, but Russia’s efforts to revive it have been uncertain and very slow. Today, Russia remains completely dependent on Western aircraft and engines; it has only been able to keep its existing aircraft flying by illegally evading sanctions.

Only tiny numbers of obsolete Russian models have been manufactured over the last few decades. There are plans for new engines, but international sanctions, massive corruption, and the brain drain of the last year have likely doomed whatever chances Russia’s commercial aviation engine industry once had. Besides, the priority is now military systems.

Last edited:
This why Iran needs to have 100% domestic aircraft engine industry (they will let you jump up and down because you made an airframe as some people in the neighborhood have done but will enslave you with engine supply)

American view and plans for China and Russia engine industry (taken from article by Richard Aboulafia, a managing director at AeroDynamic Advisory).

"The U.S. Should Kill China’s Aircraft Industry"

For China:
Engines are the weakest link in China’s civil aviation plans. Airframes and aircraft systems and technologies may be difficult to develop, but jet engines are at a completely different level in terms of barriers to entry. In fact, only three companies, located in two countries (General Electric (GE) and Raytheon/Pratt & Whitney in the United States and Rolls-Royce in the U.K.) build commercial jet engines. France’s Safran plays a role as a partner to GE in the CFM joint venture, but otherwise there are no other sourcing options.
For Russia:
Russia could not become a jet engine supplier option for China. The Soviet Union had a second-rate commercial engine industry for mostly domestic applications, but Russia’s efforts to revive it have been uncertain and very slow. Today, Russia remains completely dependent on Western aircraft and engines; it has only been able to keep its existing aircraft flying by illegally evading sanctions.

Only tiny numbers of obsolete Russian models have been manufactured over the last few decades. There are plans for new engines, but international sanctions, massive corruption, and the brain drain of the last year have likely doomed whatever chances Russia’s commercial aviation engine industry once had. Besides, the priority is now military systems.
Yes, but when other countries offer you what they have, not taking it could also be a different level of foolishness.

Pakistani JF-17 wouldn't become a reality without the Russian RD-33 engine, what a great decision it was that made PAF so powerful.

Imagine how different Kowsar would be with an RD-33 engine. In my knowledge, Iran never asked for it.

It could be like the F20 Tigershark!
1280px-F-20_flying.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, but when other countries offer you what they have, not taking it could also be a different level of foolishness.

Pakistani JF-17 wouldn't become a reality without the Russian RD-33 engine, what a great decision it was that made PAF so powerful.

Imagine how different Kowsar would be with an RD-33 engine. In my knowledge, Iran never asked for it.

It could be like the F20 Tigershark!
1280px-F-20_flying.jpg
I am not an operator of aircraft but JF17 was discounted because of Iranian requirment is for a long range multi role aircraft due to the size of the country..
US has killed many aircraft project of allied countries Canadian Avro..Israeli Levy ..so they let you spend your $$$ but they kill you at production...it will be no different if Iran builds aircraft that has Chinese or Russian engines..

The long development time required for engine makes it necessary to start engine at the get-go..airframe and Radars not as critical and can not be blackmailed easily..

Americans will do anything to keep (others Koreans, Turks) away or fully dependant from aviation competition..mark my words..read about what they did to Canadian avro...they chopped every single one of them that were made to the scrap yard.. lol

I am not an operator of aircraft but JF17 was discounted because of Iranian requirment is for a long range multi role aircraft due to the size of the country..
US has killed many aircraft project of allied countries Canadian Avro..Israeli Levy ..so they let you spend your $$$ but they kill you at production...it will be no different if Iran builds aircraft that has Chinese or Russian engines..

The long development time required for engine makes it necessary to start engine at the get-go..airframe and Radars not as critical and can not be blackmailed easily..

Americans will do anything to keep (others Koreans, Turks) away or fully dependant from aviation competition..mark my words..read about what they did to Canadian avro...they chopped every single one of them that were made to the scrap yard.. lol
People are going to get mad at me again but I think JF-17 has a longer range than kowsar as well, it can carry drop tanks under the wings and still do fine performance wise, thanks to that big chunky RD-33, It can also do aerial refueling. You're getting a plane that is comparable to Saab Gripen at less than half the price. It's a bargain. Whatever reasoning they used to reject it, is flawed.

As for Turkey, our leading engine manufacturer, TEI is already %46,2 owned by GE, almost half the planes in the world have some TEI made part in them. We're working deep within the system.

Best bet for Iran is joint development with North Korea.
Better bet for Iran is to give the project to MAPNA and fully fund it to the end..With Owj and Jahesh and seimens turbines techs in your pocket we will not be starting from zero..

People are going to get mad at me again but I think JF-17 has a longer range than kowsar as well, it can carry drop tanks under the wings and still do fine performance wise, thanks to that big chunky RD-33, It can also do aerial refueling. You're getting a plane that is comparable to Saab Gripen at less than half the price. It's a bargain. Whatever reasoning they used to reject it, is flawed.

As for Turkey, our leading engine manufacturer, TEI is already %46,2 owned by GE, almost half the planes in the world have some TEI made part in them. We're working deep within the system.
Let's stay on the topic of engine..the aircraft issue has been talked about so many times in the IRIAF side that makes me sick..lol

Better bet for Iran is to give the project to MAPNA and fully fund it to the end..With Owj and Jahesh and seimens turbines techs in your pocket we will not be starting from zero..
Except it's not to any degree since your bet is less resources as too less manpower for R&D when North Korea has longer range turbofan powered cruise missiles than Iran that rely on turbojet except maybe Paveh that is still shorter range than Hwasal-2.

Except it's not to any degree since your bet is less resources as too less manpower for R&D when North Korea has longer range turbofan powered cruise missiles than Iran that rely on turbojet except maybe Paveh that is still shorter range than Hwasal-2.
I have no issue with regards to cooperation with North Korea.. they are excellent engineers from what I have seen they produce..What I like to see is not only R&D but a fully capable production infrastructure from TiTanium mines to the tinny Integrated circuit Chips used to control the engine...that is 100% in house engine capability ..world needs few more countries like that to break the engine monopoly of the west.

I have no issue with regards to cooperation with North Korea.. they are excellent engineers from what I have seen they produce..What I like to see is not only R&D but a fully capable production infrastructure from TiTanium mines to the tinny Integrated circuit Chips used to control the engine...that is 100% in house engine capability ..world needs few more countries like that to break the engine monopoly of the west.
FADEC is not necessity for competent powerful advanced jet engines in terms of operation in grand scheme of things as a whole.
Overall engine would be slightly heavier and in some areas larger, but what matters is geometry, materials and complexity.

Initial peek into Iran's first commercial aircraft Jet Engine:

Made by MAPNA undergoing dynamic tests
Eng_0.jpg
Eng_1.jpg
Eng_4.jpg

آزمایش موفق موتور کاملا ایرانی هواپیما با حضور رئیس‌جمهور​

با حضور رئیس جمهور در شرکت مپنا موتور کاملا ایرانی و نیز سیستم کنترل موتور هوایی که به روش مهندسی معکوس توسط متخصصان گروه صنعتی مپنا ساخته شده است، با موفقیت آزمایش شد.

waiting for more details

about single crystal blade

maybe Russia need to help Iran for its euro and American plane

This is great news
Iran is the only country in this region that already makes single crystal Turbine blades....Iranian "E" -class and now the new "F" class turbines use that technology already .
I think 12 of the Iranian "E"-class turbines have already been installed in your country's Rumaila power plants in Basra..:-)

Back
Top Bottom