What's new

Iranian helicopter industry

if iranians can make and buy this type of steel why not pk

we have laregest steel mill of asia we can customize it to full extant some help from russians

if we offer a little money to russians they will come and if we can do this and we can supply our heli to middle east as we r suppling our tanks to KSA

and other muslim nations

All we need some russian or iranian techno assistance. We have enough brain,resources and money (if let private sector inn).

The Iranians have been working on types that are also in service with Pakistan namely cobra, bell 206 and huey ranges so a Pakistani Iranian helo deal would be something I'd like to see if only to act as a stop gap.

if iranians can make and buy this type of steel why not pk

we have laregest steel mill of asia we can customize it to full extant some help from russians

if we offer a little money to russians they will come and if we can do this and we can supply our heli to middle east as we r suppling our tanks to KSA

and other muslim nations

Iranians have a fairly robust Industrial setup. It is not just steel that you need. It is specialized Steel the plants for which cost Billions of Dollars. I think Pakistan had one such plant in the private sector which got shut down in the late Seventies after nationalization. it has now been taken over by the army and work has started. However it will require a lot more than that to get us going.
Also please consider the fact that even China with its industrial might has found Helicoptor aviation the most difficult to master. At the end of the day even if we built a plant and started manufacturing helicoptors, the cost in setup would be prohibitive considering our limited needs.
WaSalam
Araz

Yeah but engines require a LARGE manufacturing base......And it would require a large amount of investment.

And this would be a problem for a country that earns more than $100 billion in cash per year exporting oil? They also take fierce pride in nurturing a locally rooted technology base and since the Iraq war have had a fanatic desire to go as far as they can in manufacturing high tech weapons. You can get a sense of that by watching this video:

ik-4WJ9YFLk[/media] - Shahab-3 Development

Last edited by a moderator:
And this would be a problem for a country that earns more than $100 billion in cash per year exporting oil? They also take fierce pride in nurturing a locally rooted technology base and since the Iraq war have had a fanatic desire to go as far as they can in manufacturing high tech weapons. You can get a sense of that by watching this video:

ik-4WJ9YFLk[/media] - Shahab-3 Development

Well I am going to quote something.
The Islamic Republic’s “comprehensive” budget bill for fiscal 1382 (2003/4) finished its long and bumpy road to final passage and went into effect as of 21 March. The approved budget for both the government itself and several hundred state-owned enterprises (SOEs) is, like those of the last 20 years, balanced on paper. But, in actuality, it includes a sizeable deficit to be financed by domestic and foreign borrowings and other unspecified incomes.
Iran’s Precarious Public Finance

And having will is nice. Having a educational and industrial base is better. Iran needs help and at the current moment in time no one is gonna provide it.

Last edited by a moderator:
read the june issue of AFM on the Iran's defence day parade. all their local developments of weapons systems esp fighter aircraft have to do more with "propaganda" then anything else.

All I can tell you that Iran’s basic industry and services sector is fully developed, I must admit that much more than Pakistan and sanctions cannot hurt them, they can very well survive on their own.
They have no shortage of food, land and energy. Infect, Iranian country side is beautiful and also their beaches. They are demonized by the western world otherwise it deserves to be the top tourist destination in world. Just before the nuclear row, Iran was at the brink of revolution but smart policy makers from US have change the whole story and now the whole nation stand united behind the rouge regime.
I recommend to keyser that you should have your next holidays in Caspian Sea; it’s not so far away from Tehran any way.

Drivers riot as oil-rich Iran rations petrol - Times Online

read the june issue of AFM on the Iran's defence day parade. all their local developments of weapons systems esp fighter aircraft have to do more with "propaganda" then anything else.

I second that. Despite having a large Industiral base all we've seen so far is clones of US' weapons delivered under Shah.

I second that. Despite having a large Industiral base all we've seen so far is clones of US' weapons delivered under Shah.

You speak as if it is easy to make clones. To make these you have to understand how they work and you have to create the needed infrastructure to build them, after all of this is in place then it wouldn't be too much of a problem to build your own designs.

IRAN commands Respect for whatever they have done ALONE....

You speak as if it is easy to make clones. To make these you have to understand how they work and you have to create the needed infrastructure to build them, after all of this is in place then it wouldn't be too much of a problem to build your own designs.

If It is too difficult to make a clone, Why are you applying to copy 1970's USA technology instead of designing a better one ?

Back
Top Bottom