What's new

Iranian Food...

was it necessary to open this thread in Ramzan when we all are fasting :D

^^ 6 hours is left for iftar in our location. it is very long day, 17-18 hours not a joke. i dont how people manage it in paksitan in hot weather?

^^ 6 hours is left for iftar in our location. it is very long day, 17-18 hours is not a joke. i dont how people manage it in paksitan in hot weather?

tighten your belts ladies :rofl:

IMGP1843.jpg

Persian&

3260066086_9872254669.jpg

Duck%20on%20the%20Egg%203.jpg

There's this thing you get in Dubai its called Raghaag. It's basically a thin bread baked over a flat pan out of rice dough. Then various things like Cheese, egg and, honey are thrown together, then folded into a roll.

Many other variations of it too.

It's pretty awesome. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

@ pasban u mised on chaloo kebab

Chello Kebab is just Kebab with rice. I did post an image of it.

mjnaushad said:
was it necessary to open this thread in Ramzan when we all are fasting

Ramadan is the best month to appreciate these culinary delights. :)

As they say in Urdu, "sabar ka phal meeta hota hai" (the fruit of patience is sweet).

Asim Aquil said:
Pakistani food is very much similar, btw - some even have similar sounding names.

The food and drink of Pakistan represents a bridge between Iranian and Indian/South Asian traditions and recipes i.e it is it's own mixture. As such, whereas most recipes in Iran are largely distinct from that in Pakistan, they are also similar in other ways.

True_Pakistan_Zindabad said:
Good food, and quite low on the spice which gets a thumbs up from me when I get tired of our nuclear masala.

I am a fan of South Asian cuisine but yes often the spice is excessive in that it masks the taste of the food itself so that mostly you are tasting the spice rather than the real contents. The better cooks I have noticed keep a very good balance in that you taste the brilliance of their cooking but feel the tickle of the spice at the same time-- which makes it delicious to eat!

I only knew rice kebab and kebab rice as Irani food. :(

Hi, pasban,
I love that open air food place in north Tehran... up on the hill.
I remember where are those sweet and sour berry and plum jam (chutney)
More, Iran is really blessed with all sort of fruits.
Most funny food in tehran is perhaps that 10 inches high solid icecream in north Tehran.
That is real **** you are eating in the name of icecream.

Last edited:
^^ I have noticed this in one big mess hall, every one was getting this overcooked rice and were ever willing to fight for it. ;)
Not to mention Parsi cola!!! would you not post a picture?

Chello Kebab is just Kebab with rice. I did post an image of it.
perhaps, they are missing picture of 'kobeda kebab'

Originally Posted by Fedayeen
"No Persian food is complete without "Tadig".....it is worth fighting over. "

Absolutely!!!
Thanks friends for posting.
Very tasty food and Iranians are wonderful hosts.
Thanks for bringing back beautiful memories.

No Persian food is complete without Tadig.....it is worth fighting over.

IMG_2271.jpg

I love Tadigi(as we call it), and there is always fight over it at home. although it is a bit fatnening.

Last edited:
oay bus kar day zalima , roza hara ho gaya ... ahmed is right pasban is on torture tour at pdf

Back
Top Bottom