What's new

Iranian cobras in action

Incase you didnt pay attention to politics in the last 35 years, Iran and the US arent exactly the best of friends.
Ignoring that blatant fact in which literally 7 billion people around the world know about , I doubt that Iran is really into buying second handed shit from anyone . donno , maybe its just me .

Ignoring that blatant fact in which literally 7 billion people around the world know about , I doubt that Iran is really into buying second handed shit from anyone . donno , maybe its just me .
So what are the options then? what do you think Iran will go for and when?

So what are the options then? what do you think Iran will go for and when?

actually , our military prefer UCAV over Chopper .... the problem is that we don't have communication satellite and operational range of our drone is limited ...

there are some other project like Shahed 216 ....

actually , our military prefer UCAV over Chopper .... the problem is that we don't have communication satellite and operational range of our drone is limited ...

there are some other project like Shahed 216 ....
But i do not think they are on par with what is out there in the market. I do not know much about this Shahed 216 but can you guide me if you think it is on par with AH-1Z or even the earlier Cobra versions? (considering Cobra themselves are not the latest of attack helicopters out there). Same goes for the UCAV program.

But i do not think they are on par with what is out there in the market. I do not know much about this Shahed 216 but can you guide me if you think it is on par with AH-1Z or even the earlier Cobra versions? (considering Cobra themselves are not the latest of attack helicopters out there). Same goes for the UCAV program.

the chopper is not for export so it only need to fulfill our military's needs ... sorry but I'm not expert in this field ...

During the Shah era, when Bhutto was in power in Pakistan, Pakistan requested Iran’s help in counter insurgency operations against Baloch insurgents in Balochistan. Iran provided aircover through their cobra gunships (Pak didn’t possess cobras at the time) while Pak Army troops carried out the operation on ground. Hopefully once the defence related international sanctions are removed, Pakistan and Iran can collaborate more in a similar fashion against a foreign sponsored common threat in Pak-Iran border region. With Iran joining SCO, the defence collaboration would increase tenfold, as Pakistan is also a member of that security organization.

the chopper is not for export so it only need to fulfill our military's needs ... sorry but I'm not expert in this field ...
Yeah i know surely these cannot be exported, what i wanted to ask was whether they met the Iran's own defense need. Anyway sir, thank you for your comments and i hope someone else with more knowledge of these machines will shed some more light on this.

turkey have t129 atak to use and idk why you Insist iran should buy second handed helicopters , if u ask me no country will do that ! btw as far as i know they either make their own weapon or buy it from Russia and china
They go for the aligators.

Back
Top Bottom