What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

I don't mind arm-chairing in another forum, however the forum in question has a really crappy interface (especially the mobile GUI). Frankly it sucks. I don't want to hurt some peoples feelings since they have put time, money and effort on it. However, it will never fly if the competing forum (PDF) is light years ahead in terms of GUI and functionality. Cant they just try to mimic this one? Obviously this one is successful for a reason...

The workload of the design is on just one person. If anyone with good web design and web software skills from here can help out that could be a boost.

I find the desktop UI fine (can even work with with the mobile one), but there is the tapatalk app for mobile as an alternative in the interim.

Hi..I have added all the new names ..here is the updated copy just to keep everyone informed and also to make this post to come up on the top for a while.

Going Home

The time has come for the Iranian members and all those who support Iran in this forum to migrate to our new home in “Iran Military forum”. We thank PDF staff for hosting us. We also invite anyone who is interested in the Iran affairs to join us in our new home base.

Please consider this a public Pledge sheet. The official move day is Sept 21 for anyone who is interested. If you pledge to move it simply means that starting September 21 and for the next Three months you only contribute your article and inputs in the “Iran Military Forum”. All you have to do is put your screen name from PDF in this sheet.

Thank you and good luck to all of us.
The names so far: (As of Sept 2nd)

• Aryobarzan
    • 925boy
    • DoubleYouSee
    • Battle of waterloo
    • BlueInGreen2
    • Kastor
    • Amirpatriot
    • Subwater
    • hussainb72
    • Mithridates
    • arashkamangir
    • Shafqat7

Last edited:
The workload of the design is on just one person. If anyone with good web design and web software skills from here can help out that could be a boost.

I find the desktop UI fine (can even work with with the mobile one), but there is the tapatalk app for mobile as an alternative in the interim.
I can provide help, depending on which platform that is currently used. If he is interested then please provide me his contact information.

I can provide help, depending on which platform that is currently used. If he is interested then please provide me his contact information.
Currently discussing the matter with nelsa. Once we are agreed on how to go forward I will open a thread in the "Feature Requests" section of that forum. I appreciate your and anyone else with the requisite skills' input.

@AmirPatriot: Hi Amir...I know you have put a lot of time and energy to create the new "Iran Military Forum" and I thank you . I realize such a project requires funding also to pay for the domain name and other expenses...so here is few questions..

do you require funding for your project and if yes then what is the approximate dollar amount or Euro if it is more used in Iran now.

If funds are collected we need some legal way to transfer it to you in Iran so any thoughts on that.

@AmirPatriot: Hi Amir...I know you have put a lot of time and energy to create the new "Iran Military Forum" and I thank you . I realize such a project requires funding also to pay for the domain name and other expenses...so here is few questions..

do you require funding for your project and if yes then what is the approximate dollar amount or Euro if it is more used in Iran now.

If funds are collected we need some legal way to transfer it to you in Iran so any thoughts on that.

Thanks for asking, but funding is not an issue as of now, we have it covered. If we ever need it, we'll communicate that to members.

What's even sadder is that his effort are in vain, like big time. Iranian officials don't really care for what goes on in some military forum and the Iranian section has always been besieged by trolls like it at one time or another. So this isn't anything new.

This newly created account is truly wasting its time.
He`s got to do something to earn his shekels,I imagine he`s probably paid per post,so the more he posts the more he earns.
303377971.jpg

I don't mind arm-chairing in another forum, however the forum in question has a really crappy interface (especially the mobile GUI). Frankly it sucks. I don't want to hurt some peoples feelings since they have put time, money and effort on it. However, it will never fly if the competing forum (PDF) is light years ahead in terms of GUI and functionality. Cant they just try to mimic this one? Obviously this one is successful for a reason...
I second that. Early move to a non competing platform will defeat the purpose. This is one of the fundamental issues People of Iran have: “let’s start it now, we will figure it out later if anything goes wrong”. Patience is not a bad thing guys!

I second that. Early move to a non competing platform will defeat the purpose. This is one of the fundamental issues People of Iran have: “let’s start it now, we will figure it out later if anything goes wrong”. Patience is not a bad thing guys!
I would love an independent Iranian forum too....but I agree, the interface can be a little better.

The new "Iran Military Forum" has been maturing for over a year now...much better from its original form because of the dedication of a few Iranians... so a short term move for Sept 21 is not an impulsive decision ..lots of members have been wanting this site to work however this is the classical example of chicken and egg. the site will not get better if people are all waiting for it to become better . I am personally not involved with the development of this site I wished I was (lack of software and web design skills) however I noticed some people have volunteered their skills and time and that is so great. I believe in rolling up my sleeves and doing something rather that just hoping someone else will do it. There is no organisation behind all this it is just each one of us.

to the contrary, not relying on others is also a virtue ...

We are constantly working on improving the site, it will not stand still. However, some things in this forum will always stay the same.

Back
Top Bottom