What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Today we saw this system revealed in parade:

alalam_636100525486568423_25f_4x3.jpg

This could be the system we seen many years ago:

69600200398209492366.jpg

5049e90fa4f5.jpg

It's been described as being able to hot very mobile targets.
It seems this is perfect SAM to give to our regional allies like Hezbollah.

Where is the radar of this system?

B-373 with cover ???

hsp4p4.jpg

Camerawork of cameramen was just catastrophic, amateurs...

That's just a mobile command and control centre. Part of air defences, not necessary specific for Bavar.
Bavar was not shown in this parade.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Radar for Talash air defence:

381210_335.jpg

vlcsnap-2016-09-21-09h10m38s228.jpg

They could have done a better job with its paint job...

Talash launch canister. This one is 2 instead of 4.

vlcsnap-2016-09-21-10h15m38s95.png

vlcsnap-2016-09-21-10h15m51s228.png

Damn! So, how many Air Defense system Iran has? That's already 4-5 system right there!

Damn! So, how many Air Defense system Iran has? That's already 4-5 system right there!
And why don't you guys put some of those systems in Syria? They could really use some Anti-Aircraft system.

And why don't you guys put some of those systems in Syria? They could really use some Anti-Aircraft system.
I was hoping to get a good glance of Complete Bavar-373 system! bummer.

:lol: Well bro airdefence is Iran's top prioty so it's no suprise we have so many projects. But we can split them (generally speaking) into two groups: IRGC projects and Katam al binya air defence base projects.

Katam al binya air defence base has these indigenous projects that we know of:

Bavar-373 (range >200km) consisting of sayyad-4 missiles or perhaps other missiles too.
Talash air defence (range 60-200km)consisting of sayyad 2 and 3 missiles.

IRGC has:
Ra'ad which consist of 3rd of khordad and Tabas. They use medium ranged high altitude Taer missiles. 50km range and 25km altitude.There are different versions of Taer missiles.

They are also working on a 100km and 200km ranged missiles of which the sadid-630 may be one of them.

Now these units are not isolated. The IRGC works with Katam al binya air defence base.

And of course Iran has countless indigenously designed radars like OTH ghadir, sepehr, kayhan. And so many others radars like Nazir etc.

So we can say, Iran's integrated air defence is truly of the best in the world without a doubt.

Bavar-373 will start mass production next year. Next year's parade you'll see it for sure. Don't worry, we're all eagerly waiting its final arrival :tup:

:lol: Well bro airdefence is Iran's top prioty so it's no suprise we have so many projects. But we can split them (generally speaking) into two groups: IRGC projects and Katam al binya air defence base projects.

Katam al binya air defence base has these indigenous projects that we know of:

Bavar-373 (range >200km) consisting of sayyad-4 missiles or perhaps other missiles too.
Talash air defence (range 60-200km)consisting of sayyad 2 and 3 missiles.

IRGC has:
Ra'ad which consist of 3rd of khordad and Tabas. They use medium ranged high altitude Taer missiles. 50km range and 25km altitude.There are different versions of Taer missiles.

They are also working on a 100km and 200km ranged missiles of which the sadid-630 may be one of them.

Now these units are not isolated. The IRGC works with Katam al binya air defence base.

And of course Iran has countless indigenously designed radars like OTH ghadir, sepehr, kayhan. And so many others radars like Nazir etc.

So we can say, Iran's integrated air defence is truly of the best in the world without a doubt.

Bavar-373 will start mass production next year. Next year's parade you'll see it for sure. Don't worry, we're all eagerly waiting its final arrival :tup:
Thanks for that. I was going through Wiki. to do some catch-up ..didn't help much.
If I figured it out correctly you guys have(right now)
Long range AD: S-200(if you consider it as long range though!),S-300 PMU2 and upcoming Bavar-373
Mid range: Talash,Raad
Short range: Mersad
Anything missing?

Thanks for that. I was going through Wiki. to do some catch-up ..didn't help much.
If I figured it out correctly you guys have(right now)
Long range AD: S-200(if you consider it as long range though!),S-300 PMU2 and upcoming Bavar-373
Mid range: Talash,Raad
Short range: Mersad
Anything missing?

Talash is a long range air defence which also has a medium range missile sayyad-2. However its sayyad-3 missile is long ranged.
Mersad is a medium ranged system. It uses medium ranged shalamche (heavily upgraded HAWK) missile with range of 60km.
S-200 is frankly only useful against AWACs. And s-300 is good system but has many disadvantaged such as its technology being known to outsiders and Iran only has a limited number of them.

In my original reply to you, I deliberately only included Iranian designed systems as they're by far the most important systems.

Well ISIS still doesn't have any Airforce so if we provide Syria with such system it only means that they are going to be used against US, Canadian, French or even Turkish jets which I highly doubt is something Iran wants to be accused of. On the other hand Syria already has S-300 and BUK systems and Russia has a S-400 system there that covers whole Syria.

Well ISIS still doesn't have any Airforce so if we provide Syria with such system it only means that they are going to be used against US, Canadian, French or even Turkish jets which I highly doubt is something Iran wants to be accused of. On the other hand Syria already has S-300 and BUK systems and Russia has a S-400 system there that covers whole Syria.

I heard the system that recently hit israeli fighters in Golan was Iranian origin ...

I heard the system that recently hit israeli fighters in Golan was Iranian origin ...
To be honest with you I can't believe that Iran would miss such an opportunity to test its system in a real scenario. But as everyone knows it should be in total secrecy. If it is approved that Iran has moved its AA systems to Syria, there will be a lot of pressure on Iran and who knows, they may also play a dirty trick like what they did in Ukraine, shooting down a passenger airliner and then blame and sanction Iran for it.

Do you have a source for that by the way?

Back
Top Bottom