What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Why can't Iran simply get S-400? Even for S-300, Russia played cat and mouse game for 6 years until US and Israel gave Russians thumbs up after Nuclear deal. Iran suppose to be Russia buddy, isn't it??

:lol:

Off topic

@Serpentine how do you know these are Sayyad 4 launchers? They look too small to me.

That defeats the whole point of self sufficiency.

They are sayyad-4 launchers...

Well at first glance it does look like a hot launch system based on the fact that the missile canisters dont touch the ground and appear to have a blast deflector positioned underneath them,also only two missiles?,tho they do appear to be pretty long so perhaps a two stage missile like the s300vm?,actually on second thought tho` these probably aren't that long certainly not as long as the 25ft s300pmu1/2 48N6E2 missile,so it makes me wonder if this is a stretched rim66 which is only 15+ feet in length perhaps a two stage version?
All in all this raises more questions than it answered and altho this does look quite nice and impressive I am a little disappointed that we did not see the s300 clone that I for one was expecting to see,which makes me wonder was iran really ever serious about trying to copy the s300,and the fact that we saw a missile that was clearly based on the 48N6E2 does make me think that a some level iran was certainly trying to copy some of it,or did iran try to copy the system and found that it was simply beyond irans abilities to reverse engineer so went for an alternative design using existing sams in irans possession,who knows?,I dont but I really wish they`d shown us the sam as well as its launcher
Anyway good on iran,well done.

Bavar-373 command post
147176234801109900.jpg

Unidentified Bavar radar
147176235393226300.jpg

13950531000304_PhotoL.jpg

where is the chief commander of air defense headquarter?!

I am a little disappointed that we did not see the s300 clone that I for one was expecting to see,which makes me wonder was iran really ever serious about trying to copy the s300,and the fact that we saw a missile that was clearly based on the 48N6E2 does make me think that a some level iran was certainly trying to copy some of it,or did iran try to copy the system and found that it was simply beyond irans abilities to reverse engineer so went for an alternative design using existing sams in irans possession,who knows?

This is a "loser" mentality !!!

This is not a copy ...

If it was a copy of s-300 people would started to say : hey , iranians made a copy ... what a joke ... not a big deal ... etc

& as we see ... this is not a copy ... how could you underestimate it's capabilities without informations !?

Because neither they nor China or anyone will help us.

You can't really understand his point !?

Why can't Iran simply get S-400? Even for S-300, Russia played cat and mouse game for 6 years until US and Israel gave Russians thumbs up after Nuclear deal. Iran suppose to be Russia buddy, isn't it??

Look at his post ... he calls iran a "Russia buddy" !!!

How is it off topic? We are talking about Air Defence acquisition, failure of which lead to the Sayyad 4. China has quite decent long range SAMs, still they are going for S-400.

BAVAR project started years before S-300 deal !

B-*** >>> B-*** >>> B-373 >>> B-*** ...

Ya, but we all know this is more of a showoff then actual capability.

@AmirPatriot ^^^

Like Iranian IRBM launch videos which per western media are manipulated to look like many missiles are be launched.

@AmirPatriot

IRBM !!! :lol:

Zelzal rockets are IRBM !?

Why won't Iran ask Russia to help them build capable SAMs system, like US do for Israel.

& Iranians are unable to develop it by themselves !?

That's was my question. Why is that? I don't think there is any conflict of Interest b/w Russia and Iran. Russia don't have that many all time friends like Iran, still they don't help?

Nobody helps others in strategic capabilities !

Congrats Islamic IRAN and allies.

After failings in wars, Enemies amassed GCC to counter Islamic Iran that was their very bad strategy and later realized their mistake as Islamic IRAN is not comparable to that level. they thought of turkey and pak which is again wrong. even if the enemies bring in 100 turk and pak they cannot compete the capabilities of Islamic IRAN. That is the reason for the enemies to worry. Hope Islamic IRAN will go on with more advancement and is already continuing breaking the millennium old siege of the enemy everywhere and forcing and confusing enemy to change and redraw map again and again. there will be no catch up to Islamic IRAN.

Hats off for those working day and night to strengthen and progress the Islamic Revolution.

Last edited:
In Iran's defense Industry Day, President visited an exhibition in which, some components of much awaited long range Bavar-373 air defense system was revealed for the first time. I will update this thread if more pics come out.

Sayyad 4 long range missile launchers (with range of 200-300 km)
147176235250031700.jpg

147176235512906300.jpg

Meraj 4 long range Engagement and Fire Control Radar
147176235036086100.jpg

147176234909476600.jpg

Iranian made trucks ...

Iranian made launchers & missiles ...

Iranian made radars ...

What is wrong with people ???

Being not a copy makes you unhappy !? :disagree:

:crazy:

I was expecting a response from someone smart. You apparently ain't one.

I know you man ... you can't feed me with your bullshit !

People can take a look at your previous comments about iran to understand ... Hate & sectarianism ! :)

This is a "loser" mentality !!!

This is not a copy ...

If it was a copy of s-300 people would started to say : hey , iranians made a copy ... what a joke ... not a big deal ... etc

& as we see ... this is not a copy ... how could you underestimate it's capabilities without informations !?
Iran has copied a lot of systems in the past and theres nothing wrong with that,also reverse engineering something is hardly easy it takes a lot of time and talent to do this and copying systems,I use that term loosely as its really as much about re-engineering as much as it is reverse engineering,like the kh55 and possibly the s300 is a big deal simply because not a lot of countries could actually do it,one of the advantages of a copy is that people usually have a good idea of how effective it can be based on the performance of the original,I doubt many would scoff at an iranian s300 copy,its like the old saying goes:Haters are going to hate,so why should we give a fu#k what they think I dont so why do you?
Also I`m not underestimating its abilities but I am pointing out certain facts if you find those unpalatable well I`m sorry but thats not really my problem now is it?

Bavar 373 is result of years and years of reverse engineering Hawks and standard air defence system and developing Sevvim khordad and Talash air defence systems ....

Probably it's not as good as Patroit or S300 , but this is just first step and as you know , first step is hardest step to take ....

I am a little disappointed that we did not see the s300 clone that I for one was expecting to see,which makes me wonder was iran really ever serious about trying to copy the s300,and the fact that we saw a missile that was clearly based on the 48N6E2 does make me think that a some level iran was certainly trying to copy some of it,or did iran try to copy the system and found that it was simply beyond irans abilities to reverse engineer so went for an alternative design using existing sams in irans possession,who knows?,.
when member Yavar comes back he will answer these question

he is only banned till next moths

Iran has copied a lot of systems in the past and theres nothing wrong with that,also reverse engineering something is hardly easy it takes a lot of time and talent to do this and copying systems,I use that term loosely as its really as much about re-engineering as much as it is reverse engineering,like the kh55 and possibly the s300 is a big deal simply because not a lot of countries could actually do it,one of the advantages of a copy is that people usually have a good idea of how effective it can be based on the performance of the original,I doubt many would scoff at an iranian s300 copy,its like the old saying goes:Haters are going to hate,so why should we give a fu#k what they think I dont so why do you?
Also I`m not underestimating its abilities but I am pointing out certain facts if you find those unpalatable well I`m sorry but thats not really my problem now is it?

S-300 missiles reverse engineered years ago ... If you take a look at N.korean system you will understand !

But new laws demand iranian engineers to design new systems ... most of the reverse engineered products entered service years ago !

We don't need to show a jumping cold launch missile to prove our capabilities !

Do you really think americans are unable to make cold launch systems !?

Bavar 373 is result of years and years of reverse engineering Hawks and standard air defence system and developing Sevvim khordad and Talash air defence systems ....

Probably it's not as good as Patroit or S300 , but this is just first step and as you know , first step is hardest step to take ....

You can't compare B-373 with patriot system !

Different categories ...

S-400 is better than B-373 ... but i am completely sure B-373 is better than S-300 !

Like I said, I want to talk to someone smart. Overhere we are talking about certain defence systems and international geopolitics with Russia. Right now, I don't care what Iran is doing in M.E or Ayatollahs. When you are on Syrian, Iraqi or some sectarian thread than bring up your stupid judgemental comments.

I can see your scramble to look like a smart one !

But you are still in a deep failure !

Your questions answered clearly ... but you are still trying to go off topic !

Iranian made trucks ...

Iranian made launchers & missiles ...

Iranian made radars ...

Etc etc
https://defence.pk/threads/breaking...wn-for-first-time.445324/page-2#ixzz4Hy2lytWs
Maybe there will be people, here in Spain and other countries, who will think this is a copy from S-300, talking about S-300 Russia-Iran deal, bla bla bla...

This project has years and years of development. It's not new. And I'm sure it's in mass production time ago.

Bavar 373 is not the newest and best of long range AA system in Iran. As always, Iran does NOT show its best aces (as all the countries in the world do, it's obvious).

Bavar 373 is extremely good, but it's not the best system done by Iran.

For trolls and other stuff, I quote a sentence by mythical Don Quijote, talking to Sancho Panza:

"Ladran, Sancho, luego cabalgamos!!"

jajajajaja

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom