What's new

Iran to Unveil New Home-Made UAV in Days

SOHEIL

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran plans to display a new reconnaissance and combat Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) in the next few days, the country's defense minister announced on Monday.

Speaking to reporters here in Tehran today, Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said his ministry will unveil "several naval achievements, drones and missiles" on the sidelines of a conference due to be held in Tehran this week to commemorate the defense ministry's martyrs.

Vahidi added that a new drone, named Hemaseh (Epic), will be unveiled during the said ceremony.

The Iranian Army has recently test-fired different types of newly-developed missiles and torpedoes and tested a large number of its home-made weapons, tools and equipments, including submarines, military ships, artillery, choppers, aircraft, UAVs and air defense and electronic systems, during massive military drills.

Defense analysts and military observers say that Iran's wargames and its advancements in weapons production have proved as a deterrent factor, specially at a time of heightened threats by the US.

In April, the Iranian Air Defense Force displayed its Sarir (Throne) drones on the occasion of the National Army Day.

Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of the ceremony, Commander of Khatam ol-Anbia Air Defense Base Brigadier General Farzad Esmayeeli stated that Sarir is a long-range, long-endurance radar evading air defense drone.

"Sarir is capable of carrying cameras and air-to-air missiles and tens of this UAV have so far been produced and used," he added.

Fars News Agency :: Iran to Unveil New Home-Made UAV in Days

Iran to unveil new recce, combat drone: Defense minister

Iran’s defense minister says the country plans to unveil a new indigenous reconnaissance and combat drone, dubbed Hamaseh, in the coming days.

Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said on Monday that several other achievements in the defense sector, including maritime and missile equipment, are also set to be unveiled.

Over the recent years, Iran has made important breakthroughs in its defense sector and attained self-sufficiency in producing important military equipment and systems.

Iran unveiled its first indigenous long-range drone, Karrar, in August 2010. The aircraft is capable of carrying out bombing missions against ground targets, flying long distances at a high speed, and gathering information.

In September 2012, the country also unveiled a new homemade unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), Shahed 129, with a 24-hour nonstop flight capability.

Describing the recent Israeli aggression against Syria as a “dangerous game,” the Vahidi added that Damascus has the right to respond, and can give a crushing response to Tel Aviv.

“In such a scenario, we must expect important developments in the region… The Zionist regime cannot escape this adventurism easily,” the Iranian defense minister added.

The Syrian state television reported on Sunday that Israel had attacked the Jamraya Research Center, located northwest of Damascus. The center had been targeted by another Israeli airstrike back in January.

The Israeli aggression “is aimed at loosening the noose around the terrorists” in the eastern Ghouta region, near Damascus, the state television added.

Sunday’s aggression came shortly after Tel Aviv confirmed on Friday that its warplanes had hit a “game-changing” target in Syria.

PressTV - Iran to unveil new recce, combat drone: Defense minister

Deputy Defense Minister for Industrial and Research Affairs Mohammad Eslami:
Hemaseh enjoys higher capabilities compared with other Iran-made UAVs, can fly at higher altitudes and enjoys longer flight endurance.

He added that Iran is working on designing and production of 40 types of drones, 30 of which are already in the production phase.

http://www.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13920216000857

I don't expect it to be like Global hawk(but maybe they will surprise us again), but more like MQ-9 reaper but anyway it will be great, also they said that they will unveil new missile and naval products(i know that nedaja will unveil its mine sweeping device soon)

I wonder when they will show new missile capable flying boat, but it will be great year specially from 3rd khordad to 31st mordad, new nezaja APCs, AA, shahed 129, fateh and etc and so far in the second half of year we will have kowsar 88 training aircraft and sepehr OTH radar(maybe this year or early 93)

I don't expect it to be like Global hawk(but maybe they will surprise us again), but more like MQ-9 reaper but anyway it will be great, also they said that they will unveil new missile and naval products(i know that nedaja will unveil its mine sweeping device soon)

I wonder when they will show new missile capable flying boat, but it will be great year specially from 3rd khordad to 31st mordad, new nezaja APCs, AA, shahed 129, fateh and etc and so far in the second half of year we will have kowsar 88 training aircraft and sepehr OTH radar(maybe this year or early 93)

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Yep , I've heard the news . It's name is Hemaseh I guess .

@Soheil , any news about Sofreh mahi ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep , I've heard the news . It's name is Hemaseh I guess .

@Soheil , any news about Sofreh mahi ?

man ta alan esm hamase ro nashenide bodam ... be ehtemal ziad esm pahpad ro taghiir dadan :what:

amma az chand ja shenidam ke in pahpad stealth hast va besyar pishrafte ... albatte agar hamoni bashe ke gharar bod 3 khordad ronamaii she ... kollan khodeton ro baraye ridan be body torkha va araba amade konid ... emsal momkene annnn baraye ridan kam biarim (ba arz pozesh be khanom ha va aghayon ba adab) !!! :ashamed:

Last edited by a moderator:
They were producing some in Gaza until the Ahmed Jabari Assassination someone tipped the Israelis off on the location and they bombed them. They do still have them though and I believe they're still producing some.

man ta alan esm hamase ro nashenide bodam ... be ehtemal ziad esm pahpad ro taghiir dadan :what:

amma az chand ja shenidam ke in pahpad stealth hast va besyar pishrafte ... albatte agar hamoni bashe ke gharar bod 3 khordad ronamaii she ... kollan khodeton ro baraye ridan be body torkha va araba amade konid ... emsal momkene annnn baraye ridan kam biarim (ba arz pozesh be khanom ha va aghayon ba adab) !!! :ashamed:
bandeh hambastegie khodam ro elam mikonam,
smiley-hug006.gif
as emshab dige tualet nemiram.

They were producing some in Gaza until the Ahmed Jabari Assassination someone tipped the Israelis off on the location and they bombed them. They do still have them though and I believe they're still producing some.
what are you talking about?

Back
Top Bottom