What's new

Iran to supply Russia with “hundreds” of Drones

Who said Iran is a small throw away nation or belittled iran? take your insecurity else where if you cant have a proper intellectual discussion

We are simply stating that Iran would not do this without something in return. Iran has a production capacity for drones but depending on the type/complexity of drone provided it could take Iran 6 month-2 years to produce hundreds of drones thus replacing the ones provided to Russia. Again depending on the types of drones provided. These drones dont grow on trees or pop out of thin air. They are produced in complex factories using advanced matierials and technology which is time consuming.

Iran doesnt have that many competitive advantages over its enemies. One of the few that it has are its Drones and missiles. Imagine if a drone is shot over ukraine and captured? the US/Israelis would get there hands on it and easily be able to develop counter measures.

Many are captured in KSA and inside Israel already.

New types come out and older types get obsolete and well-known.

This means Iran has officially entered the war... The western media and politicians will treat this as war waged against their civilization by Iran.. This is pretty much official. They are very sensitive and emotional in regards to this Ukraine war.

Which leads me to believe why the US has increased the anti-Iran noises lately. Nonetheless I would welcome seeing the outfall of Iranian suicide drones hitting Ukrainian forces or western supplied weapons.. The Americans or CIA already count Iran as party to this war..

Hence from Iran's point of view it is basically damned if I do and damned if i don't.. Because they have already done enough to warrant to be party of this war example like supplying cannon fodder militias to the Russians to help push the ukrianians and other military assistance this has been noted by US intelligence and also Ukrainian intelligence..

Iran is just now saying you know what fuk this shxt... An making themselves official party of the war..

This will create great anger across the western capitals and they will foam.. I could honestly see the US provoked into an Iranian war.. Not because they want to but because they were first attacked and forced to it

Last edited:
The US certainly does not need Iranian oil or oil from any other country for that matter. But the price of oil is based on the global market price which is in turn based on global supply and demand.

Sanctioning Venezuela, Iran and Russia is bound to cause prices to surge. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why. Venezuela has the worlds largest reserves of crude. Iran the 4th, Russia is a major producer and supplier to the EU and other nations.

As the world population soars, demand is increasing, meanwhile sanctions make it more difficult to access oil, which will further exacerbate prices. Venezuela doesn't currently have the capacity because of all the damage caused to their refineries by US sanctions. The industry in Venezuela is still recovering.

In the end if the US wants to lower oil prices then it will have to lift sanctions on either Russia or Iran sooner or later. Like the saying goes you can't have your cake and eat it to. Ironically the sanctions have caused oil prices to go through the roof and that means more profits for Russia, even if they might sell a little less.

That’s the whole idea. Move away from combustion engine and replace oil for power generation. Like I said, West have enough oil to last next 10-20 years without Iranian oil. In the meanwhile major consumption of oil will go away. North America has enough oil to fulfill demand of non-energy related petrochemical industries for a long long time. .

This is a proxy war and all sides will provide aid to whomever they support one way or the other. If the Europeans and Americans think that they are the only ones who can provide assistance then they're simply delusional. They don't own the world and really in the end they brought this upon themselves. They chose to sanction Iran and maintain sanctions on Iran. This gives them zero leverage when it comes to Iran. Basically Iran is now in a situation where there is nothing to lose by supplying Russia with weapons. Now the western nations can whine and cry and scream when Iranian drones hit their prized possessions in Ukraine.

This means Iran has officially entered the war... The western media and politicians will treat this as war waged against their civilization by Iran.. This is pretty much official. They are very sensitive and emotional in regards to this Ukraine war.

Which leads me to believe why the US has increased the anti-Iran noises lately. Nonetheless I would welcome seeing the outfall of Iranian suicide drones hitting Ukrainian forces or western supplied weapons.. The Americans or CIA already count Iran as party to this war..

Hence from Iran's point of view it is basically damned if I do and damned if i don't.. Because they have already done enough to warrant to be party of this war example like supplying cannon fodder militias to the Russians to help push the ukrianians and other military assistance this has been noted by US intelligence and also Ukrainian intelligence..

Iran is just now saying you know what fuk this shxt... An making themselves official party of the war

Iran should sell and cooperate with Russia. We all know how US and allies constantly target Iran through sanctions, targeted killings etc. After Trump backtracked on Nuclear deal, Iran knows Washington can't be trusted.

This is a proxy war and all sides will provide aid to whomever they support one way or the other. If the Europeans and Americans think that they are the only ones who can provide assistance then they're simply delusional. They don't own the world and really in the end they brought this upon themselves. They chose to sanction Iran and maintain sanctions on Iran. This gives them zero leverage when it comes to Iran. Basically Iran is now in a situation where there is nothing to lose by supplying Russia with weapons. Now the western nations can whine and cry and scream when Iranian drones hit their prized possessions in Ukraine.

Agree with what you said here and it makes perfectly sense and I can also understand from Iran's point of view why they made this choice.. But the Americans and the EU will get salty by this and take it very very personal. They view the Western world as some sort of temple and it being under attack by Iran will cause concern to them..

Last edited:
Russia is fighting Nato not just Ukraine..and Russia is a military superpower and an industrial giant...Iran does not need Russian $$$..Iran needs Russian aviation and space tech..and few well timed veto actions in the UN security council when Ameican gangs pile up on Iran..
China and Russia will provide Iran with veto power.
But Russia will not provide those top-notch technologies. No country is willing to provide these technologies to other countries. You can only rely on yourself.

You're really naive aren't you ? I read a report recently which stated that China is basically purchasing anything and everything that Russia is willing to sell them. Some companies, which have interests in the US, might make it appear as if they're leaving the Russian market but it's not that simply. They will simply do business under a different name by proxy. Some nations are vassals of the US empire and have no choice but to follow their orders one way or the other. On the other hand other nations exercise real sovereignty and act independently to serve their own interests.

On the one hand you guys are saying that Iran is sanctioned at maximum on the other hand you're arguing that Russia put in veto for Iran...nice twisting of reality.

Chinese companies will turn away from you just like they retreated from Russia the moment you get involved in Ukraine. They won't risk getting sanctioned fir Russia and for sure as hell won't pay for you handsome Iranians.

Getting into the Ukrainian quagmire at this time is geopolitically WRONG for a nation like Iran. Doesn't matter what your political stance is, this is the reality.

Agree with what you said here and it makes perfectly senses and I can also understand from Iran's point of view why they made this choice.. But the Americans and the EU will get salty by this and take it very very personal. They view the Western world as some sort of temple and it being under attack by Iran will cause concern to them and they will get salty and emotional

For sure, assuming this is true.

Personally I think we should not be involved in this conflict at all, Russia has also been abusive and taking advantage of Iran's isolation frequently so I wouldn't trust them either.

Initially Russia was fighting on a 1400 KM front going in multiple directions. Compare this to Iraq, where the US was heading in one direction on a what 200-300 km front ? Also Ukraine had 7 years to prepare with support and training from NATO.

Realistically Russia has not mobilized and at this point they're mostly dealing with infantry, which is why they're using alot of artillery. Artillery is the most cost effective,efficient way of dealing with infantry, since most of Ukraine's heavy weapons have already been destroyed at this point.

Aside form that, most of Ukraine's professional army has also been wiped out. They're down to mostly conscripts now. A recent BBC report confirmed it. They interviewed an elite Ukrainian unit where one of the members stated that 80% of his unit had been killed or injured.

One can do nothing but face palming when people defend Russia's performance.

Last edited:
One can do nothing but face palming when people defend Russia's performance.
I think the biggest misconception from the online community is misunderstanding the US military situation with the rest of the world. Comparison of the US vs Saddams Iraq is not at all applicable as a standard. If Saddam had received, weapons, military support and intelligence from 40 countries, stocked to the brim with equipment, the initial "thunder run" may not have been as successful. The geography also plays an important role. The US grinded down Iraq from 10 years, with sanctions and frequent military strikes, before launching in invasion, the country which had over 500,000 children die of malnourishment, clearly a country not fit to fight a war. This is how the US wages war. Ukraine's situation is not in any way similar, but we have seen circumstances where the US, had been grinded down in environments were it had unbelievable high striking power even by todays standard. The indo-pacific, which holds similar terrain and geography to Ukraine is a great example. This conflict shows many similarities to Korea and Vietnam.

This is not a video game or Hollywood movie. It's not easy to take out mobile platforms. It took the US months to find and destroy Iraq's mobile SCUDS in the first Gulf War. Especially in the case of Ukraine where most of these weapons are carefully concealed and hidden away most of the time. Also NATO countries are constantly supplying more weapons to Ukraine. If you haven't noticed, Ukraine is not exactly a small country, so its literally impossible to stop everything

That is Russias strategy against a numerically superior NATO not against a much weaker opponent in this case Ukraine. The fact that Russia cannot even take out Ukrainian air defences speaks volume, or the fact that it over estimated its strengh and was forced to retreat from Kiev and Kharkiv also speaks volume. Good luck playing mental gynastics trying to sugarcoat russian losses :crazy:

Last edited:
That's the nature of war and obviously Iranian planners have taken all of this into consideration. Just look at how many western weapons have ended up in Russian hands now. Every anti tank weapon. Everything from NLAW, Javelin, Panzerfaust and more. French made Caesar artillery, UK made Brimstone missiles, Switchblade suicide drones and much more

Nations take this into consideration when waging war and providing weapons to allies. At the end of the day though it still remains to be seen precisely what type of drones Iran will provide Russia, if any at all. So far all the rumors about Iran providing Russia with weapons has turned out to be false.

Iran doesnt have that many competitive advantages over its enemies. One of the few that it has are its Drones and missiles. Imagine if a drone is shot over ukraine and captured? the US/Israelis would get there hands on it and easily be able to develop counter measures.

Chinese companies will turn away from you just like they retreated from Russia the moment you get involved in Ukraine. They won't risk getting sanctioned fir Russia and for sure as hell won't pay for you handsome Iranians.
China has a vested interest in Russia emerging victorious in this conflict. Europe and the US regularly express their desire to destroy Chinese civilization, if Russia is defeated, they are next and they know this, the west keeps saying it over and over again. Business answers to the state in China, not the other way around.

Anyways, no proof yet on whether this news is true or not.

Where do you guys keep getting this "few million" number from ? 500 drones for a few million ? Are you kidding ? At the very least we're talking about hundreds of millions. If however this deal is a part of a larger arms procurement agreement between Iran and Russia, then its easily worth billions.

I think it's worth it if they are offering some special technology, weapons or some kind of protection against Israeli strikes in Syria. But not worth it for a few million dollars or some tech that Iran can acquire itself in the future. In my opinion this news being brokered by the White house could be for internal propaganda against Iran and might not be true in the first place. After all Americans have to justify their anti-Iran crusade to their public.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom