What's new

iran to build 10 new frigates and destroyers

russia is another betrayer, for example : they didn't gave iran s300 because of west ...

They are just looking after their interests. Dont worry America will keep annoying them as well with a bit of luck. I would trust Chinese more if I was Iranian. They do not have a big mouth but they invested over a 100 billion US dollars I think in Iran

russia is another betrayer, for example : they didn't gave iran s300 because of west ...

There are reports that Russians were paid the amount for S-300 by a known Country to not export S-300 to Iran. True or not IF russians complied with US demands more than UN; I believe they were paid, perhaps when US someday is out of luck to be super power, Iran should look forward to China in Military JV and Technologies.

Regarding Frigates, I think instead of making 10 in number 5-6 with more tonnage 2200-2500 would be much feasible for Iranian Navy and is not out of reach, indeed time matters.

well, at s300 , the russia said that it's a attacking system and in UN laws we can't give them the s300 !

and their tonage i think was 3000 tons ... (we will improve them by the time , now we have the capability to defend our sea borders and now we have the time and money to increase our classic capability ...

They are just looking after their interests. Dont worry America will keep annoying them as well with a bit of luck. I would trust Chinese more if I was Iranian. They do not have a big mouth but they invested over a 100 billion US dollars I think in Iran

chineese products have some problems: low support ....

I don't think Russia and China gives crap about this US led sanctions on Iran.
UN sanctions. No weapons can be sold to iran.

btw, we're building a 100000 ton oil tanker for Venezuela and it's almost complete. It will be delivered in September.

IMHO Totally useless and waste of money. These are mere 1500 Tonnes Warships which is means it can be classified as Corvette at most, And Corvettes wont do any good against 5th Naval fleet from US. They should develop atleast warships of 3000 Tonnes which is the minimum Tonage to classify a ship as Frigate.

IMHO Totally useless and waste of money. These are mere 1500 Tonnes Warships which is means it can be classified as Corvette at most, And Corvettes wont do any good against 5th Naval fleet from US. They should develop atleast warships of 3000 Tonnes which is the minimum Tonage to classify a ship as Frigate.

Well, isn't it 2000+ tons for standard classification of frigate? Even though that varies from country-country.

Well, isn't it 2000+ tons for standard classification of frigate? Even though that varies from country-country.

Every nation has its standart classification based on weights. But internationaly its considered that its should be something like this.

Cruisers - 10.000+ Tonnes
Destroyers - 6000-10.000 Tonnes
Frigates - 3000-6000 Tonnes
Corvettes - 1000-3000 Tonnes
FAC - 50-1000 Tonnes

If 2000 Tonnes could mean a classification for Frigates, Then Turkey could classify there Ada-Class Corvetes as Frigates (2500 Tonnes)

Iran's doctrine against US fleet is not based on warships at all but every country should also have a classical navy. But there we are going to make at least four 3000 tonnes warships after the construction of these vessels.

Built locally at home what else can you ask for ? they will easily build 30 more ships at home no dependence on germany france or any other nation

This reminded me of something. At first, the engine of Jamaran was going to be bought from Germany's MTU. But they refused to sell it in the final phases of negotiations because of US pressure. Then we had to ask a French company. After a long delay, they gave us two out of the original eight ordered engines, and didn't give us the needed shafts and gearboxes and we had to make them ourselves.

It is very interesting that our most important projects are usually canceled or delayed by the delivery of engines. Shafaq is also delayed because Russians didn't sell us the needed engines.

Can you guys post some pictures?

This is Mowj-2
112776_954.jpg

Mowj 3 and 4 are under construction and as far as I remember someone from Bushehr told me that the construction has begun. There are no pictures probably because the hull of the ships are still incomplete. I don't have any picture showing construction of Sina class missile boats but As far as I remember 3 could be seen using Google earth.

plus what ASPAHBOD said , the mowj 5 (3000 tonages) will be delivered to the navy this year , for the honor of who were killed in sahand frigate ....

Every nation has its standart classification based on weights. But internationaly its considered that its should be something like this.

Cruisers - 10.000+ Tonnes
Destroyers - 6000-10.000 Tonnes
Frigates - 3000-6000 Tonnes
Corvettes - 1000-3000 Tonnes
FAC - 50-1000 Tonnes

If 2000 Tonnes could mean a classification for Frigates, Then Turkey could classify there Ada-Class Corvetes as Frigates (2500 Tonnes)

read the first line of this :
Corvette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
a frigate (2000+ tons) , so you are wrong .... just don't ruin this thread with wrong information!

and i don't care why turkey didn't classified that as a frigate ! :drag:

plus what ASPAHBOD said , the mowj 5 (3000 tonages) will be delivered to the navy this year , for the honor of who were killed in sahand frigate ....

read the first line of this :
Corvette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
a frigate (2000+ tons) , so you are wrong .... just don't ruin this thread with wrong information!

and i don't care why turkey didn't classified that as a frigate ! :drag:

And now its 3000+ Tonnes on Wiki, What doest that tell you? Anyone can adjust and change info there cant believe your using Wikipedia as your sourche, And especcialy a irrelevant page.

so what in this and next year, we will add 5 ships with 3000-3100 tons tonage!

Back
Top Bottom