What's new

Iran Starts Mass-Production of Ya Zahra Air Defense System

SOHEIL

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Iranian Defense Ministry started mass production of an advanced home-made air defense missile system.

The production line of Ya Zahra air defense missile system was officially inaugurated on Sunday in a special ceremony attended by Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi.

Addressing the ceremony, Vahidi said that the system has completed the chain of self-sufficiency in designing and producing short-range air defense systems.

"The air defense weapon is capable of identifying, intercepting and destroying aerial targets, including different types of aircraft, choppers and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs)," Vahidi said.

He further stated that Ya Zahra is a mobile system and can be linked to the country's integrated air defense network and is capable of engaging and destroying several aerial targets simultaneously and also has a powerful fast reaction and full detection capabilities.

In November, different systems with the capability of intercepting incoming cruise missiles as well as optimized and indigenized 'Ya Zahra 3' missiles were tested in the massive aerial exercises code-named "Modafe'an-e Aseman-e Velayat 4 (Defenders of Velayat Skies 4).

Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of the wargames, Commander of Khatam ol-Anbia Air Defense Base Brigadier General Farzad Esmayeelii said Ya Zahra-III is a low-altitude missile system.

"This low-altitude missile system has been designed and produced in a short period of time based on domestic needs. Ya Zahra missile system's capabilities include deployment under all types of weather conditions and on different lands as well as its mobility."

Fars News Agency :: Iran Starts Mass-Production of Ya Zahra Air Defense System

yazahra.jpg

yazahra2.jpg

yazahra3.jpg

yazahra4.jpg

yazahra5.jpg

yazahra6.jpg

yazahra7.jpg

yazahra8.jpg

seem identicle to crotale but enlarged

i hope the range would be around 25-30km.since it looks bigger than crotale

Its a reverse-engineered R440 missile version of the Crotale system and presumably uses technology of the Chinese-supplied FM-80 systems and, possibly, follow-on FM-90 systems.

But can saudi arabia produce this? Saudis do not have the IQ required to see beyond what things look like, thats why your worthless nation and your young generation spend all your money on fancy cars and toys and you would not even know how they work.

The ya zahra used totally different missile than crotale and completely upgraded electronics and radar systems. But then again I do not expect someone who spends 90% of his time day dreaming about camels to understand that.

It's not the cortale, it is a cross between crotale and Shahab Tagheb (Chinese HQ-7). Problem is, these retarded Torks and saudis think if something looks the same, the it is the same. For example, this system used quite an advanced passive system and new optical,IR seekers.

loooolz
lol.gif

why do you get upset ?

yeah yeah right , i'm not in mode now to tell u how your government talk many thing and do not doing anything , you see my post i just put pictures not more .. next time i'm going to sleep now ..

by the way , when you talking about camel i feel your country in antarctica
lol.gif

wave.gif

we need a effective and cheap air defence system ( missile base ) against cruise missile ....

Back
Top Bottom