What's new

Iran shoots down two spy planes in Gulf

israeli_uav.jpg

Bhai sb , Talaban were only 70 KM away from Islamabad that was the reason GOP requested US for drone attacks.;)

To save own houses ;)

On topic.
Well done Iran. You are standing tall against legendary heavyweight champ. Keep it up. :tup:

However, you are talking about shooting down armed predators that are on terrorist manhunt. In normal circumstances, such an action by your soldiers would represent Pakistan against NATO forces or Americans in specific. That would be stirring up unnecessary trouble now.
This whole WOT is unnecessary trouble. However, considering PA is on it, I highly doubt any Predator drones are going to be shot down.

Plus, do you think that your military personnel are unaware of the drone strikes? I assume not. Because of certain logistical and technological limitations of your country, your government seems to be taking American assistance.
And why not give the drones to the PA to use? Just offer a price. Nothing like a small lease deal between a few good allies.

This is what your government seems to be doing: using American cover to ultimately remove the Taliban menace, without catching the eye of local fundamentalist agencies/political parties. It is one drawback of democracy that her policies of freedom allow even fundamentalists to come into power and often complicates matters compared to authoritarian regimes where even common dissidents are gunned down for treason.
They are using anti-American feelings, but only to garner support of the common man vote. I highly doubt many people at the Federal level are willing to side with the group that wants them dead.

why the hell dosent pakistan shoot some american drones out of the sky,just to proove a point,all this hard talk about allaince breaking up if they dont stop isn't working

the pakistani government needs to grow some balls and shoot some american drones down

(BTW i am a indian as my username suggests,just not much of an american lover)

why the hell dosent pakistan shoot some american drones out of the sky,just to proove a point,all this hard talk about allaince breaking up if they dont stop isn't working

the pakistani government needs to grow some balls and shoot some american drones down

(BTW i am a indian as my username suggests,just not much of an american lover)

it's not easy as you make out. Bringing a drone down literally is not a big deal for PA. but there is a lot riding behind it. even though public, military or for that matter even if the govt of pakistan wants to take action, they still can't, 'cause of the obligations they are under.
it's a very complex web!!

Last edited:
TEHRAN (Agencies) - Iran’s Revolutionary Guards have shot down two Western spy drones in the Gulf, the Fars news agency quoted a top commander of the elite military force as saying.
“Westerners have a series of capabilities which cannot be ignored, especially satellites or for example they have spy planes which can take pictures in some places,” Amir Ali Hajizadeh, head of the air force wing of the Guards, said on Sunday. He said the drones are mainly being used in Iraq and Afghanistan but ‘some violations against our soil’ have also occurred.
“And we have so far downed many of their advanced spy planes. In the Persian Gulf we have downed two of their planes and this is the first time that we are saying it,” Hajizadeh said, without specifying when exactly the drones were shot down.
Last August Iran unveiled what it said was its first domestically built drone, the Karrar. It said it had a range of 1,000km and could carry two 115kg bombs, or a precision bomb of 500 pounds.
Meanwhile, another senior Iranian military commander on Sunday stressed Iran’s capability to supply the country’s air-defence needs, and voiced Tehran’s preparedness to export home-made air-defence systems to foreign countries, Iranian news agency FNA reported.
“We are supplying all of our needs in the field of air-defence domestically and inside the country,” Commander of Khatam ol-Anbia Air Defence Base Brigadier General Ahmad Miqani told FNA.
He stressed that Tehran has the capability to export air-defence systems, and added, “When we start production of a weapon it means that we are mass-producing it and we can export our surplus products to the other countries if there is no problem.”
Iran’s air defence unit has conducted successful tests of different anti-aircraft defence systems, including the anti-cruise Tor-M1 and sophisticated S-200 anti-aircraft missile systems, during the nationwide air drills in November.
The military exercises named ‘Defenders of the Sky of Vellayat III’ covered the entire airspace of the country.
Iran’s S-200 system is a very long range, medium-to-high altitude surface-to-air missile (SAM) system designed to defend large areas from bomber attack or other strategic aircrafts. Each battalion has 6 single-rail missile launchers and fire control radar. It can be linked to other longer-range radar systems.

Iran downs Western drones | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Iran denies the allegations and says it wants only to generate electricity.

a net exporter of oil and gas , needs nuclear reactors to generate electricity........funny

Don't gas and oil finish some day?

not for next many dacades..
they are willing to extablish a gas pipeline to india to a cost in billions ..
they has LNG suppy agreements for next 25 years...

More nonsense coming out of Iran as usual. How were they shot down? Where is the wreckage? What kind of Drones where they? How deep in Iran were they?

Iran has a habit of posting propaganda nonsense. US and Israel have satellites to spy on Iran, they don't need drones.

Drones are needed to kill human targets and not spy on fixed Nuclear Installations.

a net exporter of oil and gas , needs nuclear reactors to generate electricity........funny

why should Iran dependence only on gas and oil? does not Iran have right to do what is allowed based on international law? only India can do that? is not it funny that you have nuke but is funny if Iran make N. power plant?

More nonsense coming out of Iran as usual. How were they shot down? Where is the wreckage? What kind of Drones where they? How deep in Iran were they?

Iran has a habit of posting propaganda nonsense. US and Israel have satellites to spy on Iran, they don't need drones.

Drones are needed to kill human targets and not spy on fixed Nuclear Installations.

it is nonsense to you american. if satellites is enough why US and Israel making many unnamed aircraft to spy? drone and satellite have different functions

it is nonsense to you american. if satellites is enough why US and Israel making many unnamed aircraft to spy? drone and satellite have different functions

They are attack UAVs and in the 70s and 80s were when spy aircraft were actually used for information gathering both Israel and the U.S. now operate satellites for this.

See here

EROS (satellite) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They have one of the specifically for monitoring Iran.

They can only hope to shoot the drone .not the fighter aircraft . :hitwall:

can your army even imagine to have hope to shoot to a US drone?
why somebody here has doubt for any ability of Iran? self unconfidence is not good for muslims

If I were Iran, I would keep my mouth shut.
Modern day U2 without man, good targets for testing rockets. And it's environmental friendly (I guess nowadays it'called green).

Back
Top Bottom