What's new

Iran puts Afghan Refugees in Cages for public display [Shaming]

Only ones putting spin are desperate Pakistanis here. This news was briefly mention in IRIB media so I am in abetter position to comment than some lame propagandists.

Who on earth is stupid enough to think Iran would blind fold simple illegals and put them on display? At least try harder with your propaganda. :lol:

Propaganda my rear end. The images speak volume. Well done to Iran though. Where are Indians now to defend their Afghan brothers? Where is Karzai or Ghani to defend his people? Caged and shamed infront of the whole world. This is what Afghans do in other lands and this is how Iran treats them. A lesson for Pakistan where millions of drugs smuggling Afghans have taken refuge.

Propaganda my rear end. The images speak volume. Well done to Iran though. Where are Indians now to defend their Afghan brothers? Where is Karzai or Ghani to defend his people? Caged and shamed infront of the whole world. This is what Afghans do in other lands and this is how Iran treats them. A lesson for Pakistan where millions of drugs smuggling Afghans have taken refuge.

I don't care if they're hanged or caged but lets make it clear they're not just illegals but connected to drug smugglers!

Yes.. Looks like that. And instead of "cages", they seem to be sitting is cordoned area of some park.

Look at this pathetic Indian trying to downplay the caging. I expected more from you. Remember, these are your Afghan brothers. We need a more vigorous response from you. Double standards from an Indian, but that is to be expected.

@A-Team this is what your fellow countrymen are worth in the international arena:) So don't become arrogant and nitpick things about Pakistan when your country is in shambles.

Well treating anyone like that is inhuman, and not sure if you follow persian media but the outrage in Iran has been phenomenal, that being said you need to get out of Pakistan and just travel to Gulf to see the sorry state of affairs of your fellow Pakistanis and for that matter most South Asians.

We should call a spade a spade and accept that as muslims we have alot to learn from the West.

@A-Team -- this is probably a harbinger of what great deals Iran is going to give you -- Iranians (admirably) drive a hard bargain -- ask US negotiators who have dealt with Iran. The Pakistanis by comparison are patsies.

Perhaps we've lived in the West for too long -- the images are hard to look at.

I don't follow Iranian news but I wonder if the Iranians intelligentsia are condemning this like the Pakistani intellectuals and politicians and common people have?

Images from here.

960x540_343446.jpg

600x338_bonus-0809-iran-shows-migrants.jpg

600x338_bonus-0809-immigration-iran-shiraz.jpg

The Iranian media and civil society has came out pretty strongly and condemned to the fullest extent, similar protests happened in Afghanistan. We have a lot to learn from the West. If you travel to the Gulf you will see how South Asians are treated so nothing specific to Afghans but as curse of the entire region.

Well treating anyone like that is inhuman, and not sure if you follow persian media but the outrage in Iran has been phenomenal, that being said you need to get out of Pakistan and just travel to Gulf to see the sorry state of affairs of your fellow Pakistanis and for that matter most South Asians.

We should call a spade a spade and accept that as muslims we have alot to learn from the West.

The Iranian media and civil society has came out pretty strongly and condemned to the fullest extent, similar protests happened in Afghanistan. We have a lot to learn from the West. If you travel to the Gulf you will see how South Asians are treated so nothing specific to Afghans but as curse of the entire region.

I assure you I have lived in the middle east and that too 30 years ago -- never seen anything like this.

Could you cite some articles on Iranian media that is published in Iran that condemn this?

This is very sad and inhuman

Yes it is indeed, but don't you think that they deserve a treatment like this? Have you ever heard any Afghani speaking shit against Iran? No, I personally have never, no one in Afghanistan burns Iranian flag, why? Have you ever heard that Afghainstan Army killed any Iranian Army personnel? Have you ever heard that Pakistanis have done something like this to Afghans? Infect you will be surprised to know that several Afghans who were working in Islamabad butchered their host families just for the money. They own houses in Pakistan, they flourished here, they own businesses and they own suburbs, we let them live here for over 37 years and now when they return the only thing that come out of their sickened mouth is a horse shit about Pakistan, I reckon you should know the real story before you sympathize for these Afghans, and by the way that's not the cage its a steel barricades. and if you love propaganda news than here this link for ya, check this out and have a look at the cage this man is holding in his hand.
http://www.afghanistansun.com/index.php/sid/247551469

Also, find out the Iranian side of the story too that what do they have to say about this, and once again the guys were held in a steel barricades not in cages.

This is the reason why Afghanistan should have been grateful of Pakistan. India won't be exception either. Try India with the communal party on rise boosting minority intolerance under the name of beef laws to target Muslims only. I dare Afghan refugees to try India.

Pakistan is the one who has been lenient to Afghan refugees, provided shelter to them, treated them like human beings. As usual, they continue to remain ungrateful towards Pakistan. They will regret after they try others who will not be as friendly as Pakistan.

Look at this pathetic Indian trying to downplay the caging. I expected more from you. Remember, these are your Afghan brothers. We need a more vigorous response from you. Double standards from an Indian, but that is to be expected.

Why is your behind on fire ? Must be an alien concept to you, but people here are allowed to have nuanced opinions. In ignore list.

We should call a spade a spade and accept that as muslims we have alot to learn from the west

I live in middle east and I have not seen anything like this. Low wages is the problem but then why they accept the low wages in the first place.

On the contrary, your Afghans could own properties and businesses in Pakistan, study in state institutions on same concession fees if registered as refugee, get treatment mostly for free that even some Pakistanis do not get etc etc etc. Afghans should be treated like Iran is treating them because we have seen Ghani the snake who have enjoyed his days in Pakistan and now spewing venom. I can't trust a single Afghan from now on. I have asked my family back home not to buy roti from the Afghan shop in our neighbourhood. Enough is enough.

I live in middle east and I have not seen anything like this. Low wages is the problem but then why they accept the low wages in the first place.

On the contrary, your Afghans could own properties and businesses in Pakistan, study in state institutions on same concession fees if registered as refugee, get treatment mostly for free that even some Pakistanis do not get etc etc etc. Afghans should be treated like Iran is treating them because we have seen Ghani the snake who have enjoyed his days in Pakistan and now spewing venom. I can't trust a single Afghan from now on. I have asked my family back home not to buy roti from the Afghan shop in our neighbourhood. Enough is enough.

Actually @A-Team, I was not able to get matriculation in any professional program: medicine or engineering -- I had the grades but being a Pakistani citizen at that time I was not allowed. Yet I have never been ungrateful to my host country -- I understood even then that they wanted these precious seats to go to their native population.

Pakistanis and Indians abroad are migrants not refugees like afghans. They are there by choice . They contribute alot to the local economy and send back money home.

Indians and Pakistanis are the biggest property investers in Dubai. Most of the wealth there you see is either owned by indian or Pakistani. So the comparison is of apples and oranges.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1097224/riding-on-the-dubai-property-roller-coaster/

10.8 billion dirhams invested by Pakistanis in Dubai.

I don't care if they're hanged or caged but lets make it clear they're not just illegals but connected to drug smugglers!

Pakistan should take a leaf from the Iranians. If this is how a brother treats another brother... You are after all Farsiwan. You have more in common with Afghans than Pakistan could ever.

Why is your behind on fire ? Must be an alien concept to you, but people here are allowed to have nuanced opinions. In ignore list.

Still downplaying it. Where is your outrage for your Afghan brothers? We know how you would have reacted had this incident taken place in Pakistan.

Only weaklings who have no arguments resort to ignoring people.

Last edited:
Pakistan extends Afghan refugees’ stay
September 9, 2016 By: Samaa Web Desk Published in Pakistan Be the first to comment!

ISLAMABAD: The federal government on Friday gave an extension to the stay of registered Afghans residing in the country by March 31 next year.

ISLAMABAD: The federal cabinet with Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif in the chair, approved extension of Proof Registration (PoR) Cards and Tripartite Agreement relating to Afghan refugees.

The Prime Minister said, “The Afghans are our brothers and very dear to us. Adequate and concrete steps will be ensured for
their facilitation.”

He directed the Ministry of States and Frontier Regions to hold broad-based consultations with the national leadership of mainstream political parties and Afghan representatives for addressing the concerns of Afghan refugees.

“We will not allow that Afghan refugees living in Pakistan to be terrified in any way. They are our guests and their return plans would be decided in a way that does not create any negative impression in the minds of people living on both sides of the border,” he said. – SAMAA/APP

^^ That is why Pakistani flags are burnt and desecrated. That is why Afghans blame Pakistan for all their ills.

We should call a spade a spade and accept that as muslims we have alot to learn from the West..

There's no need to bring emotion into your post, I can sense your frustration, but it's okay drink some tea:) In the Iraq war over a million people protested on the streets of London, yet the government still continued it's wayward policies. Thus, in this equation the people of Iran are irrelevant and the Iranian Government has caged your countrymen:) I have traveled around the world, probably more than you have. You were jumping up and down how the port of Chabahar will resolve your problem, yet even before the port is operation your people are treated like animals. Please continue your arrogance because I find it amusing. We should call a spade for a spade, thus Pakistan should confiscate all the refugee wealth and send them packing into Afghan. Close the entire border by mining it and stop trade with Afghan completely. Pakistan isn't becoming isolated in the international arena, whereas nobody gives a flying hoot about Afghanistan. The Iranian ambassador the other day was promoting the idea that Iran should join CPEC.

Back
Top Bottom