What's new

Iran plans to build aircraft carrier, boost naval warfare capabilities

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Iran is planning to build an aircraft carrier, a senior Iranian navy commander has said as he announced that the country is pursuing greater maritime warfare capabilities.
“At present, the Defense Ministry and the Navy are both after building military equipment for naval warfare but the Defense Ministry is producing different types of missiles indigenously and the Navy's needs to missiles are met using this capacity,” Deputy Navy Commander for Coordination Admiral Peiman Jafari Tehrani said on Monday, as cited by semi-official Fars news agency.
“Building an aircraft carrier is also among the goals pursued by the Navy and we hope to attain this objective,” he added.

It is not the first time that Tehran has voiced plans to build an aircraft carrier. In 2011, Iran's Deputy Navy Commander Captain Mansour Maqsoudlou told IRNA news agency that initial designs for building the carriers had been approved.

The idea was then mentioned in 2014 when Iranian Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari claimed the country was capable of building aircraft carriers, as well as heavy submarines.

"As we have managed to produce warships and submarines, we also have the capability to build aircraft carriers and heavy submarines," Sayyari said at the time.

Earlier in December, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani ordered the national nuclear agency to start developing nuclear propulsion capability for marine transportation.
https://www.rt.com/news/371966-iran-navy-aircraft-carrier/

probably take the same route as turks and get tot from russsians or chinese 10+ yrs down the road

no sense in doing it now with the state of their air force

may be used with qaher 1337 if it ever takes off given the advertised "short-take off capability" etc

Persian Empire navy at 2500 years ago:

A005965.jpg

the_achaemenid_persian_empire__c__500_bc.jpg

I think iran should wait atleast a decade more before building an aircraft carrier.
Best case senario is to lease a carrier and train on it and then built one.as china did.
Carrier building is very complex job.india could do it after decades of experience with it.
Frankly speaking i doubt iran can built a carrier at this stage...i may be wrong..

When u have this day so tomorrow is too late....

I think iran should wait atleast a decade more before building an aircraft carrier.
Best case senario is to lease a carrier and train on it and then built one.as china did.
Carrier building is very complex job.india could do it after decades of experience with it.
Frankly speaking i doubt iran can built a carrier at this stage...i may be wrong..

When u have this day so tomorrow is too late....
Ya thats true...but i still believe iran should buy an old carrier and eperience with it.
Maintaining cbg s is a very costly affair.
Only us have proper cbg...rest all have rag tag cbgs.

Iran's port, being invested in and cooperated on with India.
that's what you get lying in bed with Indians.

It's quite easy to say, doing is a whole other feat.
indian know that for sure........they beat the drums of achievements before they are even on the drawing boards

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom