What's new

Iran Mass-Producing Anti-Ship Ballistic Missiles

I just realised I was thinking about this all wrong. They're not going to be using these AShBMs the way PN would.

Knowing Iran[ian politicians], they won't have military targets in mind, they're showing the world they now have a terror weapon to take out slow-moving oil tankers in the Gulf should they be pushed into war. This test is a message more than a tech demonstrator.

I call BS on Iranian claims. Moreover.. Whats the point of making an ASBM with the range of a cruise missile? Considering it'll be intercepted easier.
(higher altitude of flight, enters radar horizon faster)

Intercepted with what a wet dream.

Actually a RIM-116 should do it.

RIM-116_Rolling_Airframe_Missile_Launcher_3.jpg

Or by the SM-3 on a Ticonderoga-class which in turn can fire many cruise missiles right back.

USS_Shiloh_launch.jpg

I just realised I was thinking about this all wrong. They're not going to be using these AShBMs the way PN would.

Knowing Iran[ian politicians], they won't have military targets in mind, they're showing the world they now have a terror weapon to take out slow-moving oil tankers in the Gulf should they be pushed into war. This test is a message more than a tech demonstrator.

Well I guess Iranian missile is already a hit people are having nightmares congratulation Iran a job well done.

Actually a RIM-116 should do it.

RIM-116_Rolling_Airframe_Missile_Launcher_3.jpg

Or by the SM-3 on a Ticonderoga-class which in turn can fire many cruise missiles right back.

USS_Shiloh_launch.jpg

LOL you mean they can shoot a bullet with bullet .

This message has been deleted by Elmo.

Reason
Pointless.

P.S. oh house of knowledge Elmo to you my question of missile defense was pointless where Americans have spent billions without any success to you that was pointless Really i am not sure please do explain or just because its beyond you're understanding in that case my apologies.

LOL you mean they can shoot a bullet with bullet .

P.s Elmo wow to you that was pointless Really i am not sure please do explain

Yes doofus. This is how all interception is carried out. interceptor missiles. welcome to the 1980s.

I don't know about the easier to intercept part. Ballistic missiles will always be harder to intercept than cruise missiles.

On face value of the Iranian claim of its capability, this is a VERY SIGNIFICANT development, for the following reasons:

- China has been the only nation that has claimed such capability before Iran, and that quite recently. Iran went further and provided videographic proof.

- The new-and-improved Fateh-110 they used has some sort of terminal guidance, which would soon manifest itself across the range of BMs they produce - the Shahab-3 and the Sejjil could have just gotten the teeth they needed for a conventional-warhead strike to be successful.

- Iran is showing very rapid progress in motor as well as guidance technologies, and ICBMs might not remain a immaterializable dream for long.
Iran is a Chinese friend and we wish them the best. But the claim that Iran is "mass producing anti-ship ballistic missiles" is no different from claims such as Indian indigenous hypersonic vehicle rubbish.

At best, Iran has improved the accuracy of its short-range rockets to be able to target a stationary ship at sea. Maybe they can hit a moving one if enough missiles are fired.

You hit the nail on the head!

Iran's ASBM = hitting oil tankers in the Persian Gulf

China's ASBM = hitting USN carriers within 2000 km from Chinese coastline

Hhhmmmmmmm............

Just another reason to attack asap

get rid of these M****F****s once and for all

Well I guess Iranian missile is already a hit people are having nightmares congratulation Iran a job well done.

acinonyxjubatus786, I'm a dispassionate observer of this scenario and undeserving of that jibe.

I'm just wondering if Iran and Pakistan ever went to war, would you be planting IEDs in the Sohni Dharti of yours?

acinonyxjubatus786, I'm a dispassionate observer of this scenario and undeserving of that jibe.

I'm just wondering if Iran and Pakistan ever went to war, would you be planting IEDs in the Sohni Dharti of yours?

Hey jack A.s.s name the last country Iran attacked.

Yes doofus. This is how all interception is carried out. interceptor missiles. welcome to the 1980s.

I always wonder why low life idiots resort to name calling but anyhow you are what you are and no one can help you there i did not ask how interception works oh you mighty genius one.

No one has successfully shot down a missile with missile claiming one can and actually achieving the kill at 100% two different stories.

No one has successfully shot down a missile with missile claiming one can and actually achieving the kill at 100% two different stories.

So in your world, missiles are the ultimate weapon. Missiles will always get through, always function, cannot be stopped. ECM/IRCM is useless, ABMs deployed since the 1960's and improved for decades are worthless...

Let's scrap everything except ballistic missiles. They are like flying terminators. Nothing can stop them.

Back
Top Bottom