What's new

Iran-India to build gas pipeline through sea to save transit fee

Veeru

BANNED
Reaction score
Iran-India to build gas pipeline through sea to save transit fee

Caretaker director of the National Iranian Gas Export Company (NIGEC) says Iran has reached agreements with India and Oman on exporting gas to the two countries.

Hossein Bidarmaghz said on Sunday that negotiations between Iran and India started 11 months ago and are still ongoing.

“India has called for the construction of a subsea gas pipeline in international waters so that neither side (Iran or India) will have to pay gas transit fee,” said the NIGEC official, adding that an Indian delegation would soon visit Tehran to discuss the pipeline deal. :agree:

“Another way to transfer Iranian gas to India is via a pipeline from Oman to India to which a subsea pipeline would connect and take Iranian gas …,” he added. :argh: :agree: :partay:

Bidarmaghz said based on a trilateral agreement among Iran, Oman and a third country, Iran's gas will feed Oman's liquefaction plant before being processed into various products in the third country.

Iran ranks second in the world in natural gas resources after Russia with available gas reserves estimated at over 33 trillion cubic meters.

In addition to exporting gas to Turkey, Armenia, and Pakistan, the country is currently negotiating gas exports to Iraq.

PressTV - Iran to export gas to India, Oman

WoW.. is nt that a great news???

The deal is back on... i think visit of MMS will work towards it.

Well any pipeline that threatens Pakistani fishing and trade routes will have to be cut down sorry

Its just common courtesy to pay transit fees , to nation who owns the damn sea :agree:

Because any leak from such a pipeline will danger the food and fishing sector in Pakistan and that is against our National Security
CutPipeSquare.jpg

India is more then welcomed to take a pipeline via Pakistan and pay transit fees like most nations do we can't change Internation rule of business just becasue India wants gas now

Now that is what I call a " PIPE DREAM " :rofl:

Nope its called dreams shattered.

You need one gas pipe line too.. i can see lot coming out.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Well any pipeline that threatens Pakistani fishing and trade routes will have to be cut down sorry

Its just common courtesy to pay transit fees , to nation who owns the damn sea :agree:

We have invented a technology which makes the undersea pipe line dont attack fishes. so chillax..

Anyway it bypases ur coast and will go through international waters.

people usually consider PressTv posts lot of propaganda , can any Iranian member tell me the best/credible news source in Iran

If I had a penny for everytime ... I could have built the pipeline myself lol

people usually consider PressTv posts lot of propaganda , can any Iranian member tell me the best/credible news source in Iran

Iran to export natural gas to India - The Economic Times

TEHRAN: India and Oman are considering the import of natural gas from Iran via an under-sea pipeline, an Iranian official said Sunday.

The caretaker of the National Iranian Gas Export Company, Hossein Bidarmaghz, said an Indian delegation will travel to Tehran for talks on building an independent undersea gas pipeline, said the official IRNA news agency reported.

I will be very frank - India wasted Iran's time

India wasted Pakistan's time

Due to Indian delays the pipeline was delayed by 10 years !!!
and Iran lost chance to earn almost 10-20billion from the revenues

Taking a pipeline via International Route is not ideal for Pakistan , because it interferes with Natural Habitat for fish which Pakistani fisheries depend on to capture fish and bring revenue into Pakistan.

Its just common sense , that after BP oil disaster any such "careless" operations will be stopped by Military intervention

Because once an accident occurs who will fix Pakistani Shores?

Will India pay Pakistan 100 Billion to fix our shores ?

So , from Pakistan's stand point - its not allowed it attacks our sovereign right to project All Pakistani Oceans

No one has right to pass a Bio Hazard , to ecosystems close to their land seas , fishes

We have to protect natural habitat

I will be very frank - India wasted Iran's time

India wasted Pakistan's time

Due to Indian delays the pipeline was delayed by 10 years !!!
and Iran lost chance to earn almost 10-20billion from the revenues

Taking a pipeline via International Route is not ideal for Pakistan , because it interferes with Natural Habitat for fish which Pakistani fisheries depend on to capture fish and bring revenue into Pakistan.

Its just common sense , that after BP oil disaster any such "careless" operations will be stopped by Military intervention

Because once an accident occurs who will fix Pakistani Shores?

Will India pay Pakistan 100 Billion to fix our shores ?

So , from Pakistan's stand point - its not allowed it attacks our sovereign right to project All Pakistani Oceans

If you needed gas , u could have build a pipe line by now. Iran is ur immidiete neighbour.

Pipe line passes through international waters and not ur coast and u cant do a damn thing about that.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Oman%20to%20India%20Pipeline%20Route%20Survey.jpg

Oman-Iran- India pipe line..

India can certainly spend their cash on Feasibility studies , but any bio hazard - close to Pakistani zones will be destroyed

Because effect of a "Man Mad disaster " will effect life in vital sea fishing areas and its not acceptable for Pakistani People and Our country in general that such a dangerous project is done under water where BP (UK) showed how much damage such a project can do to eco systems and marine life

Pakistan does not have 100-200 billion dollars to do clean up work , no Sir ... We will simply refuse any such line to be passed thru

India can make a pipe line and flow it thru , swis canal , thru europe , thur US ports , and from Japan and from Bangladesh to its East coast no problem

The underwater currents determine the flow of "Pollution, hazard effects and danger to coastal areas of Pakistan"

Even a underwater leak , will result in Gas being mixed in SEA water and it will effect the marine life , and you would see dead fishes showing up on Pakistani coastal lines and obviosuly India will have no means to repair small Permanent leaks

From stand point of maintenance also its easier to fix land based Gas lines

Otherwise a Terrif will have to be paid , that will be Insurance for any natural or man made disaster

The OMAN coast line is prone to SEA based storms and also occasionally storms are born in that region , which would probbly destroy underwater cables or rigs

India can certainly spend their cash on Feasibility studies , but any bio hazard - close to Pakistani zones will be destroyed

Because effect of a "Man Mad disaster " will effect life in vital sea fishing areas and its not acceptable for Pakistani People and Our country in general that such a dangerous project is done under water where BP (UK) showed how much damage such a project can do to eco systems and marine life

Pakistan does not have 100-200 billion dollars to do clean up work , no Sir ... We will simply refuse any such line to be passed thru

India can make a pipe line and flow it thru , swis canal , thru europe , thur US ports , and from Japan and from Bangladesh to its East coast no problem

The underwater currents determine the flow of "Pollution, hazard effects and danger to coastal areas of Pakistan"

So how much of precautionary measures and steps have you taken till today about the oil spills in Persian gulf which is infact closer than this current pipeline route.

Would like to hear on that first.

Back
Top Bottom