What's new

Iran helps Venezuela in its time of need

News / Economy / Foreign Policy / Venezuela
Iranian fuel en route to Venezuela despite US sanctions on two allies: Report
Friday, 15 May 2020 9:47 PM [ Last Update: Saturday, 16 May 2020 2:05 AM ]

2f83612a-47fd-4f3b-bc8c-f0449e44fdf9.jpg

A handout picture made available by the National Iranian Oil Tanker Company (NITC) shows an Iranian-flagged tanker. (File photo)
Reports of a shipment of Iranian fuel to Venezuela in the face of US sanctions against the two allies have infuriated the United States, with one official threatening to take “measures" against the “unwelcome” development.

The Iran-flagged tanker Clavel sailed for the South American country, the Reuters news agency reported.

The vessel tracking data from analyst Refinitiv Eikon suggests the tanker loaded fuel at Bandar Abbas port in Iran at the end of March, and sailed through the Suez Canal and entered the Atlantic on Wednesday.

Reuters Venezuela

✔@ReutersVzla

https://twitter.com/ReutersVzla/status/1260651109955166213

At least one oil tanker is underway to #Venezuela carrying fuel from #Iran -Refinitiv Eikon data

11:50 PM - May 13, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

139 people are talking about this

A senior official in US President Donald Trump’s administration told Reuters on Thursday that the United States was considering measures against Iran in response to the fuel shipment. The official spoke on condition of anonymity.

The official said Washington has a “high degree of certainty” that the Venezuelan government is paying Iran in gold for the fuel.

“It is not only unwelcome by the United States but it’s unwelcome by the region, and we’re looking at measures that can be taken,” the official said.

In May 2018, Trump unilaterally pulled his country out of the international deal, in defiance of global criticism.

Ever since withdrawing from the Iran nuclear deal, Washington has launched a so-called maximum pressure campaign against Tehran, seeking to pressure it with a growing list of widespread sanctions targeting the Islamic Republic.

Tehran has responded to the sanctions and the failure of JCPOA signatories – specifically Britain, France and Germany – to protect the deal by gradually suspending its own commitments to the nuclear accord.

Iran has, however, repeatedly announced its readiness to resume fulfilling its commitments if sanctions are removed. Washington has, however, pressed ahead with the campaign.

Iran's President Hassan Rouhani has said that the US policy for exerting “maximum pressure” on Iran has already failed and all economic indexes show that the country has weathered the worst phase of the American policy.

US policy of 'maximum pressure' on Iran failed to achieve goals: President Rouhani
Iran

The United States has also over the past few years imposed harsh economic sanctions on Venezuela to pressure the country's President Nicolas Maduro to step down, forcing millions of Venezuelans to abandon their homeland due to a lack of basic food and necessities.

According to UN statistics, at least 3.3 million people have left the country of 30 million since the end of 2015.

Five supertankers of gas is significant. If Iran does this every month, it means exporting 1 million of crude oil per day in value. That is a good export during COVID-19 era.

Oil production continues and export is in high value petrochemical agents.

Most important:

We used to be on the other side of gasoline sanction just 7 years ago. Countries were not allowed to export to Iran.

Now Iran is exporting to others. You know what it means?

Expect to see outrage when we export our fighters and turbofan engines :)

you're kind won't last forever. the cold war is all over and the supposed threat of marxism is a fading memory
In truth trump and co. is the last stand of white american angst. his failures have caused the american right to become incredibly confused about the future - they literally have no direction ahead.

at the same time american progressives (especially the youth) have become more entrenched in marxist thought insomuch that it is more popular today than ever before among that generation

sorry old man - it's over for the US. judeo-bolshevism has won and you're just too ignorant to see it
I think it is ironic that you would call me an 'old man'. The subtext here is that I lived thru at least one cycle of what you purportedly claimed to be knowledgeable about but you know nothing of it outside of historical data.

The Cold War was one my of my wars. The other was Desert Storm. But to return to the Cold War, yes, that Cold War is done, and a new cold war begins. As long as there are contestant ideologies, there will always be cold wars, and the American youths today that is so enamored of Marxism? They are loud and you are gullible enough to conflate noise with substance. What I know, I will disseminate and there will be enough of today's youths to listen to old men (and women) like me who -- unlike you -- actually lived thru one cold war.

Five supertankers of gas is significant. If Iran does this every month, it means exporting 1 million of crude oil per day in value. That is a good export during COVID-19 era.

Oil production continues and export is in high value petrochemical agents.

Most important:

We used to be on the other side of gasoline sanction just 7 years ago. Countries were not allowed to export to Iran.

Now Iran is exporting to others. You know what it means?

Expect to see outrage when we export our fighters and turbofan engines :)
3rd khordad is near. hope to see surprise unveiling at this day. Khordad always is strange and important month in IRI history.

We need to improve our presence in Western Africa. We need to improve our ties with Sierra Leone, Gambia, Senegal, Nigeria, etc. Iran has many supporters in Nigeria already. If we want to conduct serious business with Venezuela, we will need strong presence in Western Africa.

We need to improve our presence in Western Africa. We need to improve our ties with Sierra Leone, Gambia, Senegal, Nigeria, etc. Iran has many supporters in Nigeria already. If we want to conduct serious business with Venezuela, we will need strong presence in Western Africa.
You forget western sahara, also our Syrian allies enter Libyan civil war which could push us there unwillingly.

You forget western sahara, also our Syrian allies enter Libyan civil war which could push us there unwillingly.
Yeah. Western Sahara too. I don't know much about them. Is there a way for us to infiltrate there?

But Libya isn't in the Western part of Africa. It's right on the top of the map. Gambia is the closest country in Africa to Venezuela and unfortunately, Rouhani's policies of neglecting Africa cost us Gambia. They cut their diplomatic ties with us and the US turned them against us. Rouhani's policies cost us two strategic countries: Djibouti and Gambia.

So in about a week we will see unveilings? Any news what we may see?
I don't know, just guessing

Yeah. Western Sahara too. I don't know much about them. Is there a way for us to infiltrate there?
https://per.euronews.com/2018/05/02...istance-to-morocco-western-sahara-separatists

Algeria is our friend in Africa, with Syrian decision in Libya; our policy making in Africa become too complex and hard to make wise move.
Sadly Syrians are played by Arabs to accepted in Arab world again !!!!

But Libya isn't in the Western part of Africa. It's right on the top of the map. Gambia is the closest country in Africa to Venezuela and unfortunately, Rouhani's policies of neglecting Africa cost us Gambia. They cut their diplomatic ties with us and the US turned them against us. Rouhani's policies cost us two strategic countries: Djibouti and Gambia.
Libya under Gadaffi's rule always played a calm role in Iran-Arab relations, always seeking peace and telling their Arab partners to cooperate and co-exist with IR Iran. Iran had no problems with the Libya of Gadaffi. This country was the 2nd Arab nation (First was the famous Hafez al Assad of Syria) that had no problems with post 1979 Iran.

Fast forward to the present, the country has countless warlords, no unified central government, no unified voice. So many tribal Libyan groups trying to compete together and kill each other. In such a lawless vast desert i find it hard to justify a Iranian meddling in any form at all. It will be a total waste of time,money and lives.

Honestly, if some strongman like Gadaffi were in power today and they had trouble battling the US and Israeli puppets and if they asked assistance from Iran then i see no issue providing assistance. But the Libya of today is a unfamiliar world for Iran, IMO.

https://per.euronews.com/2018/05/02...istance-to-morocco-western-sahara-separatists

Algeria is our friend in Africa, with Syrian decision in Libya; our policy making in Africa become too complex and hard to make wise move.
Sadly Syrians are played by Arabs to accepted in Arab world again !!!!
Yeah. Algerians are good with us on paper, but we need some people in the Western parts of Africa. Those countries I named in Western Africa are corrupt and underdeveloped. If we buy loyal people inside the ruling tribes or families, we will be able to secure our presence there for decades. Both Algeria and Libya are in the North and they're far from Venezuela and they're sophisticated countries with a complex power structure that can't be bought. Western Sahara is mostly deserts if I'm not wrong.

I think Sierra Leone might be a good option. It is underdeveloped. People are poor and can be bought. The power structure is simple. The majority of them (like 80%) are Muslims. And our presence there will not attract too much attention before we have expanded our control there like a virus :D

I think Syria should focus on the Syrian Civil War for now.

Libya under Gadaffi's rule always played a calm role in Iran-Arab relations, always seeking peace and telling their Arab partners to cooperate and co-exist with IR Iran. Iran had no problems with the Libya of Gadaffi. This country was the 2nd Arab nation (First was the famous Hafez al Assad of Syria) that had no problems with post 1979 Iran.

Fast forward to the present, the country has countless warlords, no unified central government, no unified voice. So many tribal Libyan groups trying to compete together and kill each other. In such a lawless vast desert i find it hard to justify a Iranian meddling.

Honestly, if some strongman like Gadaffi were in power today and they had trouble battling the US and Israeli puppets and if they asked assistance from Iran then i see no issue providing assistance. But the Libya of today is a unfamiliar world for Iran, IMO.
I am against Iran's intervention in Libya. I never talked Libya as it is in the North East of Africa and I am talking about Western Africa to militarily support our business with Venezuela and other potential Latin American countries.

I am against Iran's intervention in Libya. I never talked Libya as it is in the North East of Africa and I am talking about Western Africa to militarily support our business with Venezuela and other potential Latin American countries.
Well, Venezuela is a totally different story. These poor Latin people need all the help they can to withstand the American agression. They can't do on their own, they are not Iran.

This is the only Latin country we can count on btw. The rest are all lost cases, just take a look at them, one by one.

West Africa is the same, their governments are puppets and apart from building a few schools and hospitals here and there we can't do much else. Atleast militarily, the door is closed on us by the Africans. They are puppets of the US.

Well, Venezuela is a totally different story. These poor Latin people need all the help they can to withstand the American agression. They can't do on their own, they are not Iran.

This is the only Latin country we can count on btw. The rest are all lost cases, just take a look at them, one by one.

West Africa is the same, their governments are puppets and apart from building a few schools and hospitals here and there we can't do much else. Atleast militarily, the door is closed on us by the Africans. They are puppets of the US.
Do you even read what I write? :P

We can count on Bolivia too.

They can be our puppet if we pay them better and exploit their vulnerabilities. We can spread our ideology there. They have been suppressed for decades. I'm sure many of them want a better future for their country. Where there's poverty and years of suppression, there's room for creating new militant groups. And because the power structure is simple there, it won't be too hard to do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom