What's new

Iran: From 'axis of evil' to last best hope in the Middle East

they did not .

according to our constitution , no country has the right to even set up a temp. base in iran for any reason .

i see no logical explanation for it either . why should u let your biggest enemy use ur air port ?

I am pretty sure that they don't follow the constitution all the time and when they don't they try to keep it a secret! It is not limited to Iran, many governments at times do things against the constitution even in the U.S.

The logic is that they both had a common goal and enemy, the destruction of the Taliban; hence, the joint operation between IRGC and US Delta Force!! Plus, it doesn't necessarily mean having a fleet of the US troops in that base. A small squadron could have done the job needed.

Politics is a dirty business my friend. Just a few months back an Israeli shipping company was black listed by US for moving goods for Iran! For a long time after the Iranian revolution, US oil companies were still drilling oil and let's not forget the Iran Contra scandal. When interests of countries are aligned, cooperation takes place!

I am pretty sure that they don't follow the constitution all the time and when they don't they try to keep it a secret! It is not limited to Iran, many governments at times do things against the constitution even in the U.S.

The logic is that they both had a common goal and enemy, the destruction of the Taliban; hence, the joint operation between IRGC and US Delta Force!! Plus, it doesn't necessarily mean having a fleet of the US troops in that base. A small squadron could have done the job needed.

Politics is a dirty business my friend. Just a few months back an Israeli shipping company was black listed by US for moving goods for Iran! For a long time after the Iranian revolution, US oil companies were still drilling oil and let's not forget the Iran Contra scandal. When interests of countries are aligned, cooperation takes place!
dear , politics are dirty and there was times when even soviet union and US cooperated .

but the issue for iranian ppl is clear : we are being sanctioned , threatened and bullied by United states .

lets stick to obvious and prevent any judgement based on "predictions" and rumors .

all u said might be true , but as of now , its an un confirmed rumor .

what we see on the ground is different

dear , politics are dirty and there was times when even soviet union and US cooperated .

but the issue for iranian ppl is clear : we are being sanctioned , threatened and bullied by United states .

lets stick to obvious and prevent any judgement based on "predictions" and rumors .

all u said might be true , but as of now , its an un confirmed rumor .

what we see on the ground is different

Dear Haman,
I've never heard of a confirmed rumor!!! :-)
As for sanctions, note that in 2001 the sanctions were NOT as severe as now. And yes, Iran may be bullied and threatened by the U.S. no argument there! And that is exactly my point why the Iranian government doesn't trust the U.S., because after all the cooperation they gave them in 2001, U.S. wisest president of all time, George W. Bush, didn't try to recognize them and reconcile! Anyway, there are quite a few literature on the web regarding the cooperation of Iran & US during the over throw of the Taliban.

^^ The sanctions in 2001 were not a concern cause iran didn't have a sizable middle class , there were only the elite and the poor and the students who loved khatami no matter what , with the invent of ahmadinejad the so called middle class grew tenfold and hence we now have rohani who has no choice but to bow to the west and ease the sanctions for the so called iranian middle class

Back
Top Bottom