What's new

Featured Iran drops India from Chabahar rail project

you and me will keep hitting our heads against the pillars of ignorance here on pdf while idiots will keep chanting we have identity crisis. the truth needs to reach the classrooms of grade 1-5.

We can do our work to promote Pakistani Nationalism on this forum, and educate our people about the ancient history of our nation.

Let not naysayers dissuade you brother. We are building the foundations for a new era.

What this does is really poke a hole in USA and India's collective plan of taking over and occupying Azad Kashmir and cutting CPEC in two, because the Chinese now have a backup plan for that, which is Iran.

That realisation will dawn on both India and USA soon. Checkmate.

It is what you get for dunking on Iran all the time.

As for China versus India, I usually never compare other countries because it's none of my business, but if we look at both countries on paper as a neutral observer, China is at least 30 years ahead of India. Both countries have nearly the same population but China is ranked 84th in the HDI list, India is 128th. China has become the world's largest exporter. If you include Hong Kong as part of China which is legally so, China accounts for more than 15% of international exports. Hong Kong's volume of exports alone is almost 25% higher than India. China exports nearly 8 times more goods than India.

You should also include Taiwan in that calculation as well as it is legally part of China.

India has very bad habit of delaying projects and always want bigger chunk out of it. Now,losing this railway project is big blow for India. Most probably China will build this project overnight and slowly India will be out of picture. As far as oil export to India, Iran is not losing much. India bought 10 percent needed oil from Iran and 90 percent from KSA. Plus delay in payments was another issue.

India has very bad habit of delaying projects and always want bigger chunk out of it. Now,losing this railway project is big blow for India. Most probably China will build this project overnight and slowly India will be out of picture. As far as oil export to India, Iran is not losing much. India bought 10 percent needed oil from Iran and 90 percent from KSA. Plus delay in payments was another issue.

its good only basically iran wanted everything free, free steel, free rail and free labor...
Its good iran got china... probably this railway be made by chinese money but only commercial use can be for India for afganistan so India saves a lot of wasted money but most probably this project will go on cold storage now as beyond commercial usage by India ... iran doesnt require it much... and wont be interested to pay on chinese loans... ultimate loser poor afgans...

I don't see how democracy is related to global projection of power. It's not like China is a monarchy either. I believe the popular support for the current Chinese system is more than the popular support for the current system in India as China has been experiencing a rapid development in recent decades. On the other hand, you are facing violent protests in Kashmir at the moment and it seems that your Muslim population are not happy with the status quo. If I'm not mistaken, you have nearly 200 million Muslims in India.

Iran doesn't attack Israel because they are not our neighbors to begin with. The only way Iran can directly attack Israel is by missiles and Israel is capable of launching missiles against us as well. Meanwhile, Israel has been more or less contained as it is not expanding like it was back in 1970s. On the other hand, China is sitting there right next to you guys and growing more powerful day by day and shares borders with you. And just about a few weeks ago, you had a limited military clash with the Chinese. China is obviously a more powerful threat to India than Israel will ever be to Iran.

People use the word reverse engineering as if it's easy to build something once you have its blueprints. Technologies like this rely on several other industries that need to be established to support a jet engine program. I'm not saying that it's impossible. It's certainly possible to pursue such technologies. But it requires investment and as of now, India does not produce jet engines. Or does it? I can be wrong.

Did you produce its own jet engine too? Does India produce anything similar to J20?

India also has hundreds of millions of people that are currently working with extremely low wages. You can also do the same as China did. Why not? It's not like life in India is easy now for most people. Is it? At least China saved itself from poverty by working 2 shifts. That's nothing to be ashamed of in my opinion.

I wish Iranians were hard working enough to work 2 shifts a day. That's nothing to be ashamed of in my opinion.

Yeah. If you read my initial post, I said that I don't blame you for preferring the US over Iran. Many countries did the same too. It was about economic interests. But I think what we have here is a difference of insight as @vi-va said. You want to be accepted in the current world order by the current holders of power while nations like Iran and China want to create a new world order where they have earned to play a role in it.
The greatness of Grand Ayatollah Khomeini will be remembered in history forever. Some love him, some hate him to death, some curse him, some bless him. I love him.

Grand Ayatollah Khomeini changed the fate of Persia, one of the oldest civilization, even older than China.

The fate of Persia will be more or less the same as other Gulf countries without him. Foreign power come for oil, install proxies, divide and rule. Persia may be a historical word in 22 century, on books.

India on the other hand, replace the white wasp colonizers with brown Indian elites, the Brahman. Those elites run their country quite similar to former colonizers. Social structure almost the same, western liberal democracy, and so on.

India was the same India before 1947 fundamentally. This's how far Fabianism can go.

India is penetrated, an artificial country, the fate of India is doomed. Without revolution, India will never be a great power to match their population.

Those who experienced revolution may recognize my thoughts.

That's the difference between Iran and India.

The greatness of Grand Ayatollah Khomeini will be remembered in history forever. Some love him, some hate him to death, some curse him, some bless him. I love him.

Grand Ayatollah Khomeini changed the fate of Persia, one of the oldest civilization, even older than China.

The fate of Persia will be more or less the same as other Gulf countries without him. Foreign power come for oil, install proxies, divide and rule. Persia may be a historical word in 22 century, on books.

India on the other hand, replace the white wasp colonizers with brown Indian elites, the Brahman. Those elites run their country quite similar to former colonizers. Social structure almost the same, western liberal democracy, and so on.

India was the same India before 1947 fundamentally. This's how far Fabianism can go.

India is penetrated, an artificial country, the fate of India is doomed. Without revolution, India will never be a great power to match their population.

Haha hopefully chinese will make this project soon so that India can supply our afgan brothers supplies in thr time of need ....haha

India only had one great period in its history and it was under the Moslem Moghols...... otherwise its always been a poor, over crowded and backwads..

Iran should have known that the cow worshiping poor government of Hindustan doesnt have money or technology to invest.... if it did, it would have invested in its own infrastructure first.

Actually, the fall of Shah's Western backed monarchy in Iran had little to do with Khomeini overall. The idea of cutting the influence of Europeans, and later Americans, was first brought up in late 19th century which eventually led to the Persian 1905 constitutional revolution during the Qajar dynasty.

Persia was in a bad situation after the death of the first Qajar King. As Muhammad Khan was a eunuch and had no son, chaos and power struggle struck the Persian Empire that eventually led to unprecedented corruption in the Qajar dynasty. We were surrounded by three of the world's most powerful empires at the time: The Russian Tsarist Empire (and later the Soviet Union) to the north, the British empire to the east and the south and the Ottoman Empire to the west. In the 18th century, we faced a new problem: the Russians and the British were more powerful than us and they eyed our resources. So, we had to find a way to balance their power against us by switching sides all the time to neutralize both of their efforts as much as we could. Eventually, the corruption in the system divided Iran's politicians into two groups: one that were backed by the Russians, the other ones that were backed by the British. This situation lasted for several decades during the Qajar dynasty and it eventually led to the establishment of the Pahlavi dynasty by the British.

People knew this for a long time and they wanted it to end. The Shah knew it well too, and he tried to break free from the west in his last years of ruling but the Americans had too much influence in our army and he couldn't ignore them.

As for comparing Iran to Arab monarchies in the Persian Gulf region, that's a wrong comparison as most of these monarchies got their independence from the Ottoman Empire while Iran and Turkey were the powers of the region at the time.

Last edited:
Guys guys

Do you think Iran will make a resistance group against India ?
There is a rather large shiite minority in indian occupied kashmir,traditionally they tended to support the idea of kashmiri independence rather than union with pakistan.Unfortunately with the rise of sunni fundamentalism and its well known intolerance for any other version of islam the view among the shiites tended more towards support for the preexisting status quo,however with the rise of hindu nationalism and modis annexation of indian controlled kashmir,not to mention that with indias cozying up to the us and israel indian-iranian relations are only a very pale shadow of what they were back at the beginning of the 21st century,its quite possible if not even pretty certain that kashmiri shiite views might have markedly changed.
So who knows,its just possible that at some point we could see a kashmiri hezbollah.
As for the shiite population in india proper,the 2nd largest in the world outside of iran,thats hard to predict.I guess a lot of it might come down to just how far modi and those like him are prepared to go with this whole hindu "nationalist" schtick,the whole problem of course with unleashing sectarian forces like this is that once unleashed they can be damn near impossible to control despite the hopes or delusions of the populist politicians who unleashed them.
So altho at first glance the idea of an indian hezbollah seems rather unlikely,its probably wise to "never say never".

Actually, the fall of Shah's Western backed monarchy in Iran had little to do with Khomeini overall. The idea of cutting the influence of Europeans, and later Americans, was first brought up in late 19th century which eventually led to the Persian 1905 constitutional revolution during the Qajar dynasty.

Persia was in a bad situation after the death of the first Qajar King. As Muhammad Khan was a eunuch and had no son, chaos and power struggle struck the Persian Empire that eventually led to unprecedented corruption in the Qajar dynasty. We were surrounded by three of the world's most powerful empires at the time: The Russian Tsarist Empire (and later the Soviet Union) to the north, the British empire to the east and the south and the Ottoman Empire to the west. In the 18th century, we faced a new problem: the Russians and the British were more powerful than us and they eyed our resources. So, we had to find a way to balance their power against us by switching sides all the time to neutralize both of their efforts as much as we could. Eventually, the corruption in the system divided Iran's politicians into two groups: one that were backed by the Russians, the other ones that were backed by the British. This situation lasted for several decades during the Qajar dynasty and it eventually led to the establishment of the Pahlavi dynasty by the British.

People knew this for a long time and they wanted it to end. The Shah knew it well too, and he tried to break free from the west in his last years of ruling but the Americans had too much influence in our army and he couldn't ignore them.

As for comparing Iran to Arab monarchies in the Persian Gulf region, that's a wrong comparison as most of these monarchies got their independence from the Ottoman Empire while Iran and Turkey were the powers of the region at the time.
Well said :tup:

China bags Iran’s friendship with a loan⁠ — costs India the crucial Chabahar port project
PRABHJOTE GILL
JUL 14, 2020, 20:00 IST

China-bags-Irans-friendship-with-a-loan-costs-India-the-crucial-Chabahar-port-project.jpg

• Iran drops India from the Chabahar rail project citing funding delays.
  • The development comes on the backdrop of Iran inking a $400 billion strategic partnership with China.
  • The China-Iran deal may give China more access to the Indian Ocean region.
Iran has dropped India from the Chabahar rail project. The rail line from Chabahar port to Zahedan was going to be India’s magnum opus as the bridge between India, Iran, Afghanistan and Central Asia.

Tehran’s decision has come within days of China finalising a huge $400 billion strategic partnership deal with Iran that will span over 25 years, which could shift the balance of power in the Indian Ocean in China’s favour.

Tehran’s excuse
The Iranian government cited funding delays from the Indian side for the $8 billion project that will run a rail line from the Chabahar port to Zahedan, which lies along the border of Afghanistan. This is a huge blow for India, which saw the port as a counterbalance to the Gwadar in Pakistan, which was built and run by China as a part of its China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).

“For India, an extensive economic and security pact between Iran and China raises some critical concerns,” writes the Observer Research Foundation’s (ORF)
Kabir Taneja. The distance between Pakistan’s Gwadar port and Iran’s Chabahar ports are often referred to as ‘sister ports’ with only a distance of 172 kilometres between them.

Officials told The Hindu that the project will now be completed by March 2022 without India’s assistance, using $400 million from the Iranian National Development Fund.

India may have dragged its feet on the project due to the fear of US sanctions
The Chabahar trilateral agreement — between Iran, Afghanistan and India — was meant to serve as an alternative trade route to Afghanistan and Central Asia.

Last week, Iranian Transport and Urban Development Minister Mohammad Eslami inaugurated the track-laying process for the Chabahar-Zahedan line, the first phase which will be extending to Zaranj across the border in Afghanistan.

Meanwhile, Iran has been facing the US’ ‘maximum pressure’ policy in the form of crippling sanctions and military options being laid on the table. So despite several site visits by Indian Railways Construction (IRCON) engineers, India never began work on the site for the fear of attracting US sanctions on New Delhi.

During the Manmohan Singh and Barack Obama era, India had already ‘zeroed out’ its oil imports from Iran leaving little else to negotiate with.

The Iran-China deal and the Indian Ocean
For Iran, the finalisation of the strategic partnership with China is a much-needed lifeline. The $400 billion will go a long way as investments in Iran’s oil and gas, infrastructure and transportation sectors.

After a near-war situation in Ladakh, where India and China share a border, the China-Iran deal will give China more access to the Indian Ocean region. It will be connected via Gwadar, Djibouti “and possible permanent military accesses arrangement with Iran,” said Taneja.

https://www.businessinsider.in/poli...ed-workers-from-asia/articleshow/76545878.cms

China is a global superpower and Iran is currently a regional superpower, when you consider the alignment of interest between these two nations in many areas and their historical ties, then it becomes a no brainer that there needs to be this great cooperation. Mark my words, you have seen nothing yet. This alignment will continue to grow greatly. With our Pakistani brothers and sisters part of this trilateral cooperation, even the sky is not the limit in terms what we can achieve. Everything we need is right there in this triangle, from human resources to natural resources.

Back
Top Bottom