What's new

Featured Iran drops India from Chabahar rail project

The Iranian side does not recognize that it has a problem with Pakistan. Some irritation and trouble making at the borders, yes. But that does not qualify the Pakistani state as a ''problem'' for Iran.

I hope things become more positive going forward. I do not like to see this tension between our two nations.

Threats like those from Gen Sulemani against Pakistan should be a thing of the past, esp in light of the 27 Feb 2019 violation by India into Pakistani airspace which followed soon afterwards.

If we are to take on the US and its puppets' negative roles in the region, it is imperarive that we show some kind of unity between Pakistan, Turkey, and Iran.

Since when did the Iran become to the competior of Pakistan?
As per this news the project will be completed by
Iran not by the Chinese.
As per former news this project with India is just a cooperation and we arent the one that spends for everything .
And we dont have any issue even if the Chinese spend 400 or 1 trillion as long as the sovreignity is in hands of Iran.
And if the sovreignity is compromises through debt diplomacy like what happens to some otherstates .Then that is different story altogether.

Regarding Turkey independence .
As far as we know we have S 400 is coming and some other stuff from the Russia.
And please donot compare India and Iran .
And the gap between is not that high between China and India and we can surely close that gap for sure.

Oh Sure .You should also supports what they are doing in Xinjiang

It seems that India is now finding it harder to access Central Asia through friendly countries which is not a good news for a developing country like India. Also, it seems that your regional influence is becoming more and more limited.

As for China versus India, I usually never compare other countries because it's none of my business, but if we look at both countries on paper as a neutral observer, China is at least 30 years ahead of India. Both countries have nearly the same population but China is ranked 84th in the HDI list, India is 128th. China has become the world's largest exporter. If you include Hong Kong as part of China which is legally so, China accounts for more than 15% of international exports. Hong Kong's volume of exports alone is almost 25% higher than India. China exports nearly 8 times more goods than India.

China is a permanent UNSC member, India is not. China is a global power while India is a regional power. China produces its own jet fighters. India cannot produce a jet engine yet if I'm not mistaken.

China is connecting itself to Central Asia, Middle East, Europe and even Africa while India doesn't seem to have similar plans.

And the bigger problem is that China is your neighbor. So, while Iran and the US are at odds with each other, the US is at the other end of the world. Some parts of Iran and the USA are exactly antipodal points on the Earth. So, we can't be more distant from each other. But China is just right there next to you which means that you can't ignore them.

Good decision which will help India too as India's main aim is to have railway line between Chabahar and Afghanistan and this ensures the project can go ahead without delay.:tup:
India's IRCON was unable to start work on railway line as the European and Japanese companies which supplies it equipment refused to give them as they were afraid of US sanctions despite waiver.
see where's the problem? You need western countries support & blessing to buy equipment to complete your committed deals in third world countries. While China can go ahead with their plans considering they make everything from scratch on their own. And then you guys dream to replace China on global stage? :lol:

It seems that India is now finding it harder to access Central Asia through friendly countries which is not a good news for a developing country like India. Also, it seems that your regional influence is becoming more and more limited.

As for China versus India, I usually never compare other countries because it's none of my business, but if we look at both countries on paper as a neutral observer, China is at least 30 years ahead of India. Both countries have nearly the same population but China is ranked 84th in the HDI list, India is 128th. China has become the world's largest exporter. If you include Hong Kong as part of China which is legally so, China accounts for more than 15% of international exports. Hong Kong's volume of exports alone is almost 25% higher than India. China exports nearly 8 times more goods than India.

China is a permanent UNSC member, India is not. China is a global power while India is a regional power. China produces its own jet fighters. India cannot produce a jet engine yet if I'm not mistaken.

China is connecting itself to Central Asia, Middle East, Europe and even Africa while India doesn't seem to have similar plans.

And the bigger problem is that China is your neighbor. So, while Iran and the US are at odds with each other, the US is at the other end of the world. Some parts of Iran and the USA are exactly antipodal points on the Earth. So, we can't be more distant from each other. But China is just right there next to you which means that you can't ignore them.

All it takes a deep pocket and considerable military power.
You know why we are unique ?
We are democracy makes us resilent and inherited a strength .
Numbers wont give the result
If the numbers was everything.
Why you cant destroy Israel?
Iran how many times stronger than Israel but why you cant attack them?
Reason is simple .Quantity itself is a quality but not everytime .
Our military sensed that during recent Skirmish with Chinese .
If the Chinese was so confident about them
Why they withdrawn now from our border ?
China is powerful but when a situation arise the allies of Chinese will suffer but China wont .
Russian was in Syria to save their interest and support you .But why the Chinese wasnt there .

Regarding fighter jets and technology .
It is not a rocket science anything is possible by hacking western corporations and stealing their tech for reverse engineering .
We could had do that considering our achievements in Science and Technology .
But at the end result our people themselves will question our govt .Why you are not confident about ours? Why you steals others ?
Because this is a effing democracy .
Not Chinese autocracy.

But we created our own jet .Not a big one .But we can sure it is absolutely ours .We also have our own engine but all its need an upgradation.
When cost effectivness we will churnout one that also
Making exports it is also not a rocket science where you can create sufficient sweatshops and forcing people to work more than 16 hrs .
Then using unethical method like putting German tag and then using other nations disguise etc.
We have seen that already , where we increase the duty in our market for Chinese cheap goods ,they uses some other nation( where we give special FTA ) to avoid the duty .

We are already painted everything.
Now the only thing that help them is the greed of some western corporation .

And for you just remember once the USSR was everything several times powerful than what Chinese are now.
But where is USSR now?

Our people knows what we are doing .
And we dont care to become a global power .
But when the situation arises we knows how to show them theirplace .
Even that is US we dont care

Iran only cares about Iran interest If not wrong .
And India only cares about India's.
One way or another we knows how to find solution .
After all India is existing not because of others expense or we dont have to create our history because we have some where some nation is there as back up

Indian Hezbollah ? :partay:

The thing you failed to realize is that India has proven to Iran many times over and over again that they are unreliable business partners and will do exactly as told by the US. What the Iranian member said is correct, the US has been playing the big boss and setting business rules vis a vis Iran for a long time. Some nations adjusted themselves and kept trading with Iran in a smart way and some just chickened out and escaped immediately. India is in the latter category.

Does not matter, you did not honour your deal and the deal gone to another country. Be stronger and more independent the next time.

So you had proved same ,several times that you are unreliable .Remember oil field deal?
When the Americans lifted the sanctions you played well

Use the common sense.
We paid 5.4 billion $ and buying S 400.
How many nations bought that one ?
China bought one .
Did you plan to buy that one ?

We are independent enough to convince the US to send CSG to SCS and paying 2.4 billion to Russians to checkmate the Chinese.
Can you do that?
US gave us the better deal .And we are not relying on one nation for our existence . Nor we have to .

Another country .?
The article says Iranians building that one not Chinese .

All it takes a deep pocket and considerable military power.
You know why we are unique ?
We are democracy makes us resilent and inherited a strength .
Numbers wont give the result
If the numbers was everything.
Why you cant destroy Israel?
Iran how many times stronger than Israel but why you cant attack them?
Reason is simple .Quantity itself is a quality but not everytime .
Our military sensed that during recent Skirmish with Chinese .
If the Chinese was so confident about them
Why they withdrawn now from our border ?
China is powerful but when a situation arise the allies of Chinese will suffer but China wont .
Russian was in Syria to save their interest and support you .But why the Chinese wasnt there .

Regarding fighter jets and technology .
It is not a rocket science anything is possible by hacking western corporations and stealing their tech for reverse engineering .
We could had do that considering our achievements in Science and Technology .
But at the end result our people themselves will question our govt .Why you are not confident about ours? Why you steals others ?
Because this is a effing democracy .
Not Chinese autocracy.

I don't see how democracy is related to global projection of power. It's not like China is a monarchy either. I believe the popular support for the current Chinese system is more than the popular support for the current system in India as China has been experiencing a rapid development in recent decades. On the other hand, you are facing violent protests in Kashmir at the moment and it seems that your Muslim population are not happy with the status quo. If I'm not mistaken, you have nearly 200 million Muslims in India.

Iran doesn't attack Israel because they are not our neighbors to begin with. The only way Iran can directly attack Israel is by missiles and Israel is capable of launching missiles against us as well. Meanwhile, Israel has been more or less contained as it is not expanding like it was back in 1970s. On the other hand, China is sitting there right next to you guys and growing more powerful day by day and shares borders with you. And just about a few weeks ago, you had a limited military clash with the Chinese. China is obviously a more powerful threat to India than Israel will ever be to Iran.

People use the word reverse engineering as if it's easy to build something once you have its blueprints. Technologies like this rely on several other industries that need to be established to support a jet engine program. I'm not saying that it's impossible. It's certainly possible to pursue such technologies. But it requires investment and as of now, India does not produce jet engines. Or does it? I can be wrong.

But we created our own jet .Not a big one .But we can sure it is absolutely ours .We also have our own engine but all its need an upgradation.
When cost effectivness we will churnout one that also
Making exports it is also not a rocket science where you can create sufficient sweatshops and forcing people to work more than 16 hrs .
Then using unethical method like putting German tag and then using other nations disguise etc.
We have seen that already , where we increase the duty in our market for Chinese cheap goods ,they uses some other nation( where we give special FTA ) to avoid the duty .

We are already painted everything.
Now the only thing that help them is the greed of some western corporation .

And for you just remember once the USSR was everything several times powerful than what Chinese are now.
But where is USSR now?
Did you produce its own jet engine too? Does India produce anything similar to J20?

India also has hundreds of millions of people that are currently working with extremely low wages. You can also do the same as China did. Why not? It's not like life in India is easy now for most people. Is it? At least China saved itself from poverty by working 2 shifts. That's nothing to be ashamed of in my opinion.

I wish Iranians were hard working enough to work 2 shifts a day. That's nothing to be ashamed of in my opinion.

Our people knows what we are doing .
And we dont care to become a global power .
But when the situation arises we knows how to show them theirplace .
Even that is US we dont care

Iran only cares about Iran interest If not wrong .
And India only cares about India's.
One way or another we knows how to find solution .
After all India is existing not because of others expense or we dont have to create our history because we have some where some nation is there as back up

Yeah. If you read my initial post, I said that I don't blame you for preferring the US over Iran. Many countries did the same too. It was about economic interests. But I think what we have here is a difference of insight as @vi-va said. You want to be accepted in the current world order by the current holders of power while nations like Iran and China want to create a new world order where they have earned to play a role in it.

They think they are us, and that we are aliens who appeared from nowhere.

Pakistanis are Iranic, too.
you and me will keep hitting our heads against the pillars of ignorance here on pdf while idiots will keep chanting we have identity crisis. the truth needs to reach classrooms grade 1-12.

Last edited:
Actually, I meant another thing by defending your independence. US unilateral sanctions are not legal as they were not passed by the UNSC. India has every legal right to conduct business with Iran. Yet, you replaced Iranian oil with Saudi oil and reduced your business ties with us. When another country can impose their policies on you, that's a violation of your sovereignty. And it's a violation of your independence too. And you succumbed to it.

Even Iraq, Lebanon and Turkey proved to be more independent from the US. And Turkey's GDP continues to grow and they are doing fine. We expected India to be an independent actor like Turkey at least.

Iran always tried to maintain good relations with China, India and Pakistan at the same time. We never let our close friendship with China get in the way of our friendship with India until you proved unreliable as a friend. Again, we do not blame you for choosing the US over us. Many countries did that. But I still believe you failed to prove yourself as an independent country and in the current world order where everything is more or less based on the Western civilization, I believe India will never find its rightful place with this attitude. Just my two cents. You can play by their rules, but you won't be one of them.
DONE DONE DONE. I completely agree - based on actions, India hasnt been reliable or steadfast in its support of Iran during hard time. I just hope those Pakistanis on PDF who say Iran and India are best friends accept the harsh reality now.

Back
Top Bottom