What's new

Featured Iran drops India from Chabahar rail project

Democracy,freedom ,proper Human rights everything matters now a days .
Otherwise all it takes one adversary ready to go for fight and you will have entire world to take advantage of that.
Exactly same thing happened during those limited clash.
Chinese did the same thing what they are successfully doing against small SCS nation like Philipines,Vietnam etc in their case they are just giving up . This time we defended and so the clash happened .
They themselves agreed they had casualities .Now where is the casualities ?
Why are they hiding and why there is no confident ?
You are saying they powerful then why they didnt mobilised their military to question us .
Why they forced to talk to us?

Diplomacy is an art .And thats why the Russians kept quiet ,avoid Chinese request to donot supply weapons to us .And at the same time US send task force to SCS .
Questioning starts and somehow Japan,Taiwan ,Australia asking questions.

You think you can force Iranians to continous 16 hrs a day .How much you knows about what is happening inside Greatwall ?
Infact noone knows except intelligence agencies
From the day we strike against them US intel was following development inside China.
Latest one was that Chinese forcing the martyered soldiers families to keep quiet .

Nope 180 million and that too stabilised and contracting .
If they had resentment they can express , the can file case and they can raise slogans .If found geniune rest of the India will support also.
And if you takes arms against nation like what they are doing in Kashmir , you will bite the dust .Your race, religion , family, party etc is nothing in front of the nation.
And now since you are already excited about those 400 billion$ then ask Chinese what is happening in Xinjiang ?

We have engine .Kaveri .
Still in development stage .

Question how much you know about the real China.
We Indians also thought same about them and thought their military is powerful ,well trained .
Only to heard that in that they are absolute unprofessional and wasnt match against our forces .
May be they have a lots of weapons .
But how reliable? we dont know.

There is nothing to shame if you are working .
But if that is kind of slavery and there is no human rights .Then that is different altogether.

We dont care about the so called world order.
Nor we dont want to rule this world by creating chaos.
Our priority is well being of our people and our own best interests

It's their(Chinese) dictatorship.everyone knows that China is not a democracy but they are powerful. Rumors like they are forcing families to stay quiet and indian soldiers breaking Chinese soldiers neck look good only in imaginary world.to be fair, reality is different.

From day one,indian members are saying that they don't need others to fight this war with China but actions from India shows absolutely opposite. First your defense minister asked Russians to mediate.russia denied.now United States is helping India diplomatically but I don't see any military help except naval help. I believe that India is not in a position to fight. Allies still want you to fight but you must decide.i don't agree that you don't need allies or help. Rajnath Singh telephone calls and visits shows real picture.see 400 billion is a lot of money. If this farzad gas field report is true,it means iran is fed up. Anyway I don't celebrate because I know Iran. Our problems will stay same so no need for Pak to celebrate but strategically,India is facing Chinese competition and China is still far ahead when it comes to diplomacy.close Chinese relations with iran is not good for india,not at all.

It's their(Chinese) dictatorship.everyone knows that China is not a democracy but they are powerful. Rumors like they are forcing families to stay quiet and indian soldiers breaking Chinese soldiers neck look good only in imaginary world.to be fair, reality is different.

From day one,indian members are saying that they don't need others to fight this war with China but actions from India shows absolutely opposite. First your defense minister asked Russians to mediate.russia denied.now United States is helping India diplomatically but I don't see any military help except naval help. I believe that India is not in a position to fight. Allies still want you to fight but you must decide.i don't agree that you don't need allies or help. Rajnath Singh telephone calls and visits shows real picture.see 400 billion is a lot of money. If this farzad gas field report is true,it means iran is fed up. Anyway I don't celebrate because I know Iran. Our problems will stay same so no need for Pak to celebrate but strategically,India is facing Chinese competition and China is still far ahead when it comes to diplomacy.close Chinese relations with iran is not good for india,not at all.
What else you can expect from Indian jealousy now? Many Indian are starving to death or homeless, they still drumming their faked democracy, faked freedom, faked human right? all are faked Indian propaganda to move Iranian heart now.
Why Indian democracy is faked? Just look at what happened in Kashmir and look at Indian Discrimination Against Muslims in Citizenship.
Why Indian freedom and human right are faked?
  1. India is a slave country of the US, how can a slave have freedom? Because of this, India is natural enemy of Iran.
  2. And look at how faked their media is. it is freedom of making faked news and freedom of slandering. these kinds of freedom are good for government subversion and making social chaos. Maybe Indian want to propagate these kinds of freedom to Iran and make color revolution in Iran to benefit India.
  3. Indian people are too poor to have money to enjoy their basic freedom and rights.
  4. Indian can always boast their human rights with empty stomach. I don't think Iranian people like this style of human right or freedom.

Last edited:
Based on Bolton’s book:
Modi was no care and fine when Trump asked him to stop oil imports from Iran.

Interestingly US is leaving Afghanistan and Afg government may collapse in a month afterward. At least part of Afg may end up as strategic depth of Pakistan. That is nightmare for India.

Afghanistan has relied on India a lot and Iran was their ONLY way to India.

I am thinking of Iran-Pakistan-China gas pipeline.

This is a comment from an Indian respected blog on 15 July 2020. This is detachment from reality to think Iran will go against China.

“Pak has been propped by - at a cost of Billions of $ that will have to be written off, so that the Pak army does the dying against India, instead of the PLA. I don't see China sending large army formations into Pak, to get at India. Similarly, the Pak submarine fleet is basically China outsourcing most of the Navy war in the Arabian sea to Pakistan. They can certainly base some ships in Gwadar or Djibouti, which will then compel IN to base ships or aircraft in Oman, Chabahar & Seychelles. The number of Chinese flagged merchant ships at risk from this, it at least 10 times higher than our ships from Chinese deployment.”

Iranian source here mentions that India just sent an envoy to Iran and mentioned that they will send the funding for Chabahar project soon.

Europeans have also started working on their projects to likely slow the deal with China. It appears that EU is determined to at least slow the China deal. The source mentions that EU is also sending the funding to Iran for their projects.

Same story with South Korea.

https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/1096181/اولین-ترکش-های-تفاهم-نامه-ایران-و-چین-به-هند-خورد

Last edited:
Iranian source here mentions that India just sent an envoy to Iran and mentioned that they will send the funding for Chabahar project soon.

Europeans have also started working on their projects to likely slow the deal with China. It appears that EU is determined to at least slow the China deal. The source mentions that EU is also sending the funding to Iran for their projects.

https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/1096181/اولین-ترکش-های-تفاهم-نامه-ایران-و-چین-به-هند-خورد

There is an interesting background to the latest development. Any Iranian or Indian friend can add, correct or confirm.

Indian signed a deal worth $600 Millions, to provide locomotives and rail cars etc for Iranian Railway Project. Then, India lost interest as well as failed to deliver because most of the equipment/parts have to come from EU and since, all these parties were bound by sanctions on Iran; they abandoned hence, China reached & succeeded. Now, the above news pretty much connects the dots as what & how it happened before and then why it is happening now like this.

Not just that, I read it before as well that Iran wasn't happy in regard to delays in Indian Funding for Chahbahar alone. Well, in other latest news, reportedly Iran has added a new partner into Gas Field Project replacing India's Oil India Limited and Indian Oil Corporation.

Either India sending a special envoy to inform about funding and also the EU; it is all planned to counter Chinese presence in Iranian Market. I agree that given the history especially of Indian funding & delays; Iran must be well aware and may not be bitten again. The way deals are signed with China; it is already too late for EU or India to counter because if they were serious, would have sent Funding on immediate basis instead of yet another envoy with yet another message with yet another promise of new date.

However, Iranians can decide for themselves. I am just sharing my opinion.

The problem is that India cannot complete financially with China. China has deeper pockets, a history of well planned and executed investment programmes, and a manufacturing base that will provide for all of Irans needs. India cannot replicate this.

Given what the future looks like for Iran, they made the right call. Sell the one thing they have, in return for loans, and investment and new infrastructure.

Of course, Iran should try and make sure as much of that Infrastructure development is done by local companies where possible. But, this is a recurring problem with all chinese infrastructure development projects, even Pakistan, where they even import the raw materials in from China for CPEC ... This has been the flaw in the execution of Pakistan's CPEC.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200721-055305_Twitter.jpg

There is an interesting background to the latest development. Any Iranian or Indian friend can add, correct or confirm.

Indian signed a deal worth $600 Millions, to provide locomotives and rail cars etc for Iranian Railway Project. Then, India lost interest as well as failed to deliver because most of the equipment/parts have to come from EU and since, all these parties were bound by sanctions on Iran; they abandoned hence, China reached & succeeded. Now, the above news pretty much connects the dots as what & how it happened before and then why it is happening now like this.

Not just that, I read it before as well that Iran wasn't happy in regard to delays in Indian Funding for Chahbahar alone. Well, in other latest news, reportedly Iran has added a new partner into Gas Field Project replacing India's Oil India Limited and Indian Oil Corporation.

Either India sending a special envoy to inform about funding and also the EU; it is all planned to counter Chinese presence in Iranian Market. I agree that given the history especially of Indian funding & delays; Iran must be well aware and may not be bitten again. The way deals are signed with China; it is already too late for EU or India to counter because if they were serious, would have sent Funding on immediate basis instead of yet another envoy with yet another message with yet another promise of new date.

However, Iranians can decide for themselves. I am just sharing my opinion.

Iran badly need money to prosper as US sanctions are choking their economy... even after being an oil behemoth, they are struggling... I'm sure of one thing... Iranians will not sell off their country... they did not bowed out to the US and they will not bow down to China... a win-win deal...

Iran is looking for investments... and whomever is ready to do that is welcomed by them... Iran-China deal could be a well thought out plan to push EU and India to look beyond US sanctions...

On locomotive, I don't think that India import parts from EU for building locomotives...

By the way, India is slowly cutting down the consumption of crude... by investing heavily in nuke, hydro and solar power...
Being an Indian I can tell you that we are moving towards renewable energy... solar and hydro are vastly promoted and subsidized by GOI... In my village 40% waterpumps in fields are running on solar... at least 30% households have solar panels... this is happening when electricity is available for 16+ hours...

Last edited:

Very interesting press release from irans ministry of roads and urban developments ports and maritime organization [PMO]

https://www.pmo.ir/en/news/51011/Chabahar-to-receive-several-mobile-harbor-cranes
Chabahar to receive several mobile harbor cranes
India has ordered the necessary equipment for Chabahar port’s development project and the port will receive several mobile harbor cranes during the current Iranian calendar year
118008_orig.jpg

According to Mohammad Rastad, India is currently pursuing the construction and installing of the necessary equipment in the port under the framework of a temporary operation contract, and after finishing this phase the main build–operate–transfer (BOT) contract will be activated.

Rastad further noted that the grain suckers, gate cranes as well as gantry cranes of Shahid Rajaei port were installed last year, and only the equipment that is related to the commitment of the Indian operator remained.

The official noted that most of the equipment that is already installed in the port are home-made.

Earlier this month, Indian Ambassador to Iran Ghaddam Dharmendra told the Tehran Times that the Indian partners are using Iranian facilities in the port but they have placed orders for the necessary equipment from China, Italy, Finland, and Germany and hope that the first delivery will be in October.

“We see Iran as a pivot for our economic interactions with Central Asia, with Eastern Europe through Azerbaijan and with CIS countries. For this we have two transport corridors, one is Chabahar as the gateway to Central Asia and the other is Bandar Abbas,” he said.

Economic and political relations between Iran and India date back to centuries ago and the two countries have kept their ties throughout many turbulences and ups and downs.

Jul 28, 2020 11:47
Its quite possible that recent events surrounding the sudden end of certain unfulfilled indian-iranian economic deals may just have inspired the indians to finally get serious about honoring their economic obligations vis-a-vis the chabahar port deal.....
So who knows,I guess time will tell.Hopefully tho however the indians have finally realised that the clock is ticking and that they have little time to waste.

Very interesting press release from irans ministry of roads and urban developments ports and maritime organization [PMO]

https://www.pmo.ir/en/news/51011/Chabahar-to-receive-several-mobile-harbor-cranes
Chabahar to receive several mobile harbor cranes
India has ordered the necessary equipment for Chabahar port’s development project and the port will receive several mobile harbor cranes during the current Iranian calendar year
118008_orig.jpg

According to Mohammad Rastad, India is currently pursuing the construction and installing of the necessary equipment in the port under the framework of a temporary operation contract, and after finishing this phase the main build–operate–transfer (BOT) contract will be activated.

Rastad further noted that the grain suckers, gate cranes as well as gantry cranes of Shahid Rajaei port were installed last year, and only the equipment that is related to the commitment of the Indian operator remained.

The official noted that most of the equipment that is already installed in the port are home-made.

Earlier this month, Indian Ambassador to Iran Ghaddam Dharmendra told the Tehran Times that the Indian partners are using Iranian facilities in the port but they have placed orders for the necessary equipment from China, Italy, Finland, and Germany and hope that the first delivery will be in October.

“We see Iran as a pivot for our economic interactions with Central Asia, with Eastern Europe through Azerbaijan and with CIS countries. For this we have two transport corridors, one is Chabahar as the gateway to Central Asia and the other is Bandar Abbas,” he said.

Economic and political relations between Iran and India date back to centuries ago and the two countries have kept their ties throughout many turbulences and ups and downs.

Jul 28, 2020 11:47
Its quite possible that recent events surrounding the sudden end of certain unfulfilled indian-iranian economic deals may just have inspired the indians to finally get serious about honoring their economic obligations vis-a-vis the chabahar port deal.....
So who knows,I guess time will tell.Hopefully tho however the indians have finally realised that the clock is ticking and that they have little time to waste.

India isn't capable to fulfill any serious project.

Not really, this is part of the earlier ramp up already commited to last year and early this year. The investment into the port is on solid footing and will continue at pace. Iranian govt gave lot of statements regarding this too you can find in Iranian media.

It was the rail link MOU (with AFG) that lapsed...and it became a huge hue and cry because people put that on a pedestal for their own theories (over facts) they long personally developed or emotionally craved.

India likely to start full operations at Chabahar port by end of May
ReutersPublished March 6, 2021 - Updated a day ago
Facebook Count
Twitter Share

Indian Shipping Minister Mansukh Mandaviya poses for a picture after his interview with Reuters, at his office, in New Delhi, India, March 4, 2021. — Reuters

Indian Shipping Minister Mansukh Mandaviya poses for a picture after his interview with Reuters, at his office, in New Delhi, India, March 4, 2021. — Reuters
NEW DELHI: India expects to start full-scale operations at Iran’s Chabahar general cargo port it has built by the end of May, the country’s shipping minister said in a boost for regional trade.
India has been developing a part of the port on Iran’s south-eastern coast along the Gulf of Oman as a way to transport goods to Iran, but also Afghanistan and central Asian countries, and avoiding rival Pakistan.
But US sanctions on Iran slowed down the port’s development and Indian officials are now counting on a thaw in relations between Washington and Tehran under President Joe Biden to move forward with near $500 million of investments.
“I am expecting to visit Iran in April or May for the inauguration of full operations,” Mansukh Mandaviya, India’s ports and shipping minister, said.
India is developing two terminals at the port including the Shahid Beheshti complex and under an agreement signed with the Iran, it would run the terminal for 10 years.
Mandaviya said the port had already commenced operations in a limited way and the growth potential was evident.
Chabahar port had handled 123 vessels and 1.8 million tonnes of bulk and general cargoes from February 2019 to January 2021, he said.
“This is much higher than our expectations. Imagine the scale of operations and freight saving once it is fully operational,” he said.
Last year amid the pandemic, India used the Chabahar port to send 75,000 tonnes of wheat as humanitarian assistance to Afghanistan and 25 tonnes of the pesticide malathion to Iran to deal with a locust invasion.
The second batch of 25 tonnes has recently reached Chabahar.
As part of the agreement with Iran, India would provide six cranes and other equipment worth $85 million to equip and operationailse the Shahid Beheshti terminal.
So far, India has supplied two of these Mobile Harbour Cranes (MHC) and four others will be delivered over the next few weeks.
“Chabahar Port has emerged as the connecting point for the region to deliver humanitarian assistance during the Covid pandemic,” Mandaviya said.
India also plans to set up an around 600 km railway line from Chabahar port to Zahedan, the provincial capital of Sistan-Baluchestan in Iran close to the Afghan border, at a cost of $1.6 billion to facilitate the movement of goods to Afghanistan.
New Delhi has also proposed inclusion of Chabahar port in the International North-South Transport Corridor (INSTC)- connecting Mumbai with Moscow, the minister said, referring to discussions at a virtual summit on Chabahar port on Thursday.
The INSTC project, proposed by India, Russia and Iran in 2000, and later supported by 10 other central Asian countries, envisions a 7,200 km-long multi-mode network of ship, rail and road for freight transport, aiming to cut carriage costs by about 30pc and transit time from 40 days to about 20 days.
Published in Dawn, March 6th, 2021

Facebook Count
Twitter Share

Read more
Iran drops India from key Chabahar project
India faced expulsion from Iran's Chabahar project due to its wrong policies: FM Qureshi
India faced expulsion from Iran's Chabahar project due to its wrong policies: FM Qureshi
US sanctions on Iran threaten Chabahar port project

India likely to start full operations at Chabahar port by end of May
ReutersPublished March 6, 2021 - Updated a day ago
Facebook Count
Twitter Share

NEW DELHI: India expects to start full-scale operations at Iran’s Chabahar general cargo port it has built by the end of May, the country’s shipping minister said in a boost for regional trade.
India has been developing a part of the port on Iran’s south-eastern coast along the Gulf of Oman as a way to transport goods to Iran, but also Afghanistan and central Asian countries, and avoiding rival Pakistan.
But US sanctions on Iran slowed down the port’s development and Indian officials are now counting on a thaw in relations between Washington and Tehran under President Joe Biden to move forward with near $500 million of investments.
“I am expecting to visit Iran in April or May for the inauguration of full operations,” Mansukh Mandaviya, India’s ports and shipping minister, said.
India is developing two terminals at the port including the Shahid Beheshti complex and under an agreement signed with the Iran, it would run the terminal for 10 years.
Mandaviya said the port had already commenced operations in a limited way and the growth potential was evident.
Chabahar port had handled 123 vessels and 1.8 million tonnes of bulk and general cargoes from February 2019 to January 2021, he said.
“This is much higher than our expectations. Imagine the scale of operations and freight saving once it is fully operational,” he said.
Last year amid the pandemic, India used the Chabahar port to send 75,000 tonnes of wheat as humanitarian assistance to Afghanistan and 25 tonnes of the pesticide malathion to Iran to deal with a locust invasion.
The second batch of 25 tonnes has recently reached Chabahar.
As part of the agreement with Iran, India would provide six cranes and other equipment worth $85 million to equip and operationailse the Shahid Beheshti terminal.
So far, India has supplied two of these Mobile Harbour Cranes (MHC) and four others will be delivered over the next few weeks.
“Chabahar Port has emerged as the connecting point for the region to deliver humanitarian assistance during the Covid pandemic,” Mandaviya said.
India also plans to set up an around 600 km railway line from Chabahar port to Zahedan, the provincial capital of Sistan-Baluchestan in Iran close to the Afghan border, at a cost of $1.6 billion to facilitate the movement of goods to Afghanistan.
New Delhi has also proposed inclusion of Chabahar port in the International North-South Transport Corridor (INSTC)- connecting Mumbai with Moscow, the minister said, referring to discussions at a virtual summit on Chabahar port on Thursday.
The INSTC project, proposed by India, Russia and Iran in 2000, and later supported by 10 other central Asian countries, envisions a 7,200 km-long multi-mode network of ship, rail and road for freight transport, aiming to cut carriage costs by about 30pc and transit time from 40 days to about 20 days.
Published in Dawn, March 6th, 2021

Facebook Count
Twitter Share

Read more
India faced expulsion from Iran's Chabahar project due to its wrong policies: FM Qureshi's Chabahar project due to its wrong policies: FM Qureshi
Why the **** you posting this news in every chabahar related thread?
Are you crazy?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom