What's new

Iran destroys 100,000 satellite dishes in crackdown

This simply doesn't work at the age of the Internet. They may destroy 100,000 satellite dishes, while some corrupt members of the government make new huge sale in replacment. Satellite dishes are much more innocent than the Internet when it comes to political opposition issues.

I hope you understand contraband are the biggest business of mullah regime...as you know there is always a saturation point in the market when you cannot sell anyone because everyone has it already...so antics like these help to stimulate market demand...there are millions of satellite dish in Iran and it is ridiculous to assume so much of them along with receivers sneak past the Iranian customs authorities...definitely this is another black market business of IRGC.

Damn it, if I had known there is another round of collecting dishes I'd have known what to do , after all I've some bone to pick with one of my neighbours.

Strange how all the dishes collected by the nut brigade are old and rusty seems the Iranian people are a good deal brighter that the average "religious police" I guess people keep a couple of crappy old spares in the back of the cupboard for the annual collection, save having to throw out your old dish your self.

Its a stupid internal propaganda political bullshit. It happens once a year, just to make some internal noise, but it doesn't affect anyone's life. I had it happen to my house last year (nothing happened this year), and I got inconvenienced for maybe 4 hours. I called the satellite dish guy and he came, fixed the LNB (the dish was fine) and I think it cost me 20 dollars or so.

It has never happened to me before or after, because all you need is your neighbors to be smart. If they ring the bell and don't open the door, they can't do shit, since they don't have a search warrant. Some idiot neighbors open the door for them and the door to the roof is usually open, so the go up and screw up the dishes.

We Iranians know this is stupid and counterproductive, but given that in the world today we are having suicide attacks, mass exodus of refugees, governmental overthrows, proxy battles, and so on, I think a satellite dish confiscations in Iran is the least evil thing.

Plus, most of these dishes they probably found from the garbage site, because I have never seen or heard of them carrying the satellite dishes away. It's just a photo opportunity. They probably want to increase the budget for their department. Do you know how much effort it would take to go to a roof, take 3-4 dishes, carry them down, put them in the police truck (?) and go to the next house, and repeat. Usually they just go up and screw up the LNB.

Same as ISIS:

ClL-rzCWgAE1BTO.jpg

CkYsRu_UkAAg7vJ.jpg

The only difference between Islamic State of Iran and ISIS is that ISIS does not starve kids.
The only difference between Israel and ISIS is their name.

I have 2 questions: Do the cops shoot you if they find an illegal dish? Or do they fine you ?

I have 2 questions: Do the cops shoot you if they find an illegal dish? Or do they fine you ?

Shoot you? :lol: No , and there is no fine ....they just pick the dishes and leave if you open the door ...
I think it's a good thing and also bad thing ..

It's bad 'cause people have absolute right to watch, listen and follow whatever they want to .. so any act from Gov to deprive people from their right is against civil right ... it should be changed ...
It's good 'cause really some of the programs broadcasted by these TVs are against basics of morality ... mother has affair with kid , kid has affair with sister , doughter with father ... disgusting and really causes divorce btw families ....
+ I have never grasped this notion that why some people over oceans want to expend a huge money , produce these amount of programs and air it for Iranians for free ... are they our friends? for example the message that initiated military coup back in 1953 orchestrated by CIA and MI6 was aired by radio BBC..
+ Iranian network news were banned from N America due the sanctions .... so what is different ?

This simply doesn't work at the age of the Internet. They may destroy 100,000 satellite dishes, while some corrupt members of the government make new huge sale in replacment. Satellite dishes are much more innocent than the Internet when it comes to political opposition issues.

It's funny that at the age of internet some countries most trend tweets are demanding women right to drive a car ...

photo_2016-07-23_20-51-54.jpg

Wahhabi satellite dishes that receive Zionist propaganda :agree:.

Last edited:
Shoot you? :lol: No , and there is no fine ....they just pick the dishes and leave if you open the door ...
I think it's a good thing and also bad thing ..

It's bad 'cause people have absolute right to watch, listen and follow whatever they want to .. so any act from Gov to deprive people from their right is against civil right ... it should be changed ...
It's good 'cause really some of the programs broadcasted by these TVs are against basics of morality ... mother has affair with kid , kid has affair with sister , doughter with father ... disgusting and really causes divorce btw families ....
+ I have never grasped this notion that why some people over oceans want to expend a huge money , produce these amount of programs and air it for Iranians for free ... are they our friends? for example the message that initiated military coup back in 1953 orchestrated by CIA and MI6 was aired by radio BBC..
+ Iranian network news were banned from N America due the sanctions .... so what is different ?

It's funny that at the age of internet some countries most trend tweets are demanding women right to drive a car ...

View attachment 320805

I'm glad you can access to Twitter because the vast majority of Iranians can't.

This Khamenei shows up everywhere on the social networks but he doesn't let Iranians use social media!

15.png

Take care, because if the Gov knows that you use Twitter, you will be in trouble.

It's highly important to regulate the content which is being allowed in this day and age. Anyone who are oblivious to the what is currently going on this world might be the most ignorant of people.

Its a stupid internal propaganda political bullshit. It happens once a year, just to make some internal noise, but it doesn't affect anyone's life. I had it happen to my house last year (nothing happened this year), and I got inconvenienced for maybe 4 hours. I called the satellite dish guy and he came, fixed the LNB (the dish was fine) and I think it cost me 20 dollars or so.

It has never happened to me before or after, because all you need is your neighbors to be smart. If they ring the bell and don't open the door, they can't do shit, since they don't have a search warrant. Some idiot neighbors open the door for them and the door to the roof is usually open, so the go up and screw up the dishes.

We Iranians know this is stupid and counterproductive, but given that in the world today we are having suicide attacks, mass exodus of refugees, governmental overthrows, proxy battles, and so on, I think a satellite dish confiscations in Iran is the least evil thing.

Plus, most of these dishes they probably found from the garbage site, because I have never seen or heard of them carrying the satellite dishes away. It's just a photo opportunity. They probably want to increase the budget for their department. Do you know how much effort it would take to go to a roof, take 3-4 dishes, carry them down, put them in the police truck (?) and go to the next house, and repeat. Usually they just go up and screw up the LNB.
Captain Obvious to the Rescue! :super:
Iran. HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!:rofl:
Iran. HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!:rofl:
Somebody found their source of happiness.
:o: Dude WTF?

Back
Top Bottom