What's new

Iran Bans Citizens from Making Pilgrimages to Mecca

I don't understand, what is the Iranian Govt. trying to achieve, by banning Iranians from going to Saudi? Saving foreign exchange? What is this move going to achieve? Anyone............?

They have been working on makng Qum and Mashhad the two holiest cities in Islam. This act is just furthering that effort.

I don't understand, what is the Iranian Govt. trying to achieve, by banning Iranians from going to Saudi? Saving foreign exchange? What is this move going to achieve? Anyone............?

They believe it helps their economy. Which make them stronger and banning people to go t hajj will weak them finically.

I also think one of the reason is to seek attention worldwide.

Good riddance. Makkah needs less iranian trouble makers not more

Prophet Zoroaster Kaaba
image.jpg
image.jpg

Like what circumstances? No one can errect ban on hajj its Farz in Islam. Hajj is not property of a government no offense

Kabah is a sybol of muslim unity not a sign. Dont go so low in you hatred that you cant come back. Haj is a rekigious duty that every able muslim has to perform once in life. Unless you people have decided to switcg kiblah then hajj can onlybe performed in mecca
show me a single credible source that Umra is mandatory for any able bodied muslin .

show me a single credible source that Umra is mandatory for any able bodied muslin .

I hope you are ok in head? This thread is all about hajj so are my comments so i dont know what you are talking about here

I hope you are ok in head? This thread is all about hajj so are my comments so i dont know what you are talking about here
I hope you also OK in head as all Iranian members here several time stated that the news is misleading and only Umra get banned . which as many other Iranian I believe is a positive move.

I hope you also OK in head as all Iranian members here several time stated that the news is misleading and only Umra get banned . which as many other Iranian I believe is a positive move.
News say Hajj provide me with an alternative source which says otherwise. Stop beating around the bush. For all i care you all can sit in Iran and perform hajj around ayatollah. I was merely respondinf to someone ho said hajj can be baned under certain conditions.

News say Hajj provide me with an alternative source which says otherwise. Stop beating around the bush. For all i care you all can sit in Iran and perform hajj around ayatollah. I was merely respondinf to someone ho said hajj can be baned under certain conditions.
well it can be banned under certain condition and for the information, the ban is not new its the affirmation of the previous one and for the source you can look at 3-4 post above or the thread in Iranian section.

Iran Bans Citizens from Making Pilgrimages to Mecca

In a further escalation of tensions with Saudi Arabia, Iran on Thursday banned Saudi imports and forbid Iranian citizens from making the annual trip to Mecca.

All Muslims financially and physically capable of doing so are required at make a pilgrimage to Islam's holiest city at least once in a lifetime.

The ban comes after nearly a week of tension week between the two rivals that started when Saudi Arabia executed 47 people, including prominent Iranian cleric Sheik Nimr al-Nimr. Saudi Arabia is a predominantly Sunni country, while Iran is the largest of the few predominantly Shiite countries in the world.

In the subsequent days, the two countries severed diplomatic relations, Iranian protestors attacked and set fire to the Saudi embassy in Tehran, and on Thursday Iran accused the Saudis of targeting its embassy in Yemen during an airstrike.

The ban could impact the Saudi economy, which benefits from the 600,000 Iranians who contribute to kingdom’s $18 billion religious tourism industry each year.

The last time Iran stopped its citizens from making the hajj was in 1987, after 400 mostly Iranian pilgrims were killed by Saudi riot police.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160108/1032818063/iran-bans-mecca-pilgrimage.html#ixzz3wf12Ghkp
If this news is true Iran just did biggest favor to KSA when it comes to letting them do more propaganda against them Saudis would be more than pleased and if they think it would hurt KSA than KSA would simply increase quota of countries like Pakistan and India and others . What on earth Iranian leaders are thinking ?

What next? Ban Islam and Quran cuz it's originated from Arabia?!!
th_b6488ee3.gif

Iranians are not devout much to Islam for historical reason. Iran / Persia was birthplace of Zoroastrian religion. Ahura Mazda was their God, not Allah. Zoroaster was their prophet, not Muhammad (PBUH).

Arabs won war against Persians. Many Zoroastrians left Persia to neighboring India (present day Pakistan) and after partition of India they moved to present day India. They are now called Parsi in India.

Those Persians who converted to Islam don't follow Saudi Islam. They follow their own version of Islam. Shia Islam. These Shiite Persians / Iranians also preached Sufi and Shia Islam in present day Bangladesh.

Last edited:
Iranians are not devout much to Islam for historical reason. Iran / Persia was birthplace of Zoroastrian religion. Arabs won war against Persians. Many Zoroastrians left Persia to neighboring India (present day Pakistan) and after partition of India they moved to present day India. They are now called Parsi in India.

Those Persians who converted to Islam don't follow Saudi Islam. They follow their own version of Islam. Shia Islam. These Shiite Persians / Iranians also preached Sufi and Shia Islam in present day Bangladesh.

I just need to correct all the errors in this post. The sunni version of Islam is mainly influenced by Persian Scholars (Imam Bokhari, Termethi and others). It is by far their version of Islam. Sheism on the other hand is created by the Arabs and no Persian influenced any of its teachings.

I just hate both versions and both bigoted scholars and politicians.

Iranians are not devout much to Islam for historical reason. Iran / Persia was birthplace of Zoroastrian religion. Ahura Mazda was their God, not Allah. Zoroaster was their prophet, not Muhammad (PBUH).

Arabs won war against Persians. Many Zoroastrians left Persia to neighboring India (present day Pakistan) and after partition of India they moved to present day India. They are now called Parsi in India.

Correct your facts,Indian parsis have nothing to do with Pakistani Parsis and partition, persecuted Parsis first arrived in present day Indian Gujrat where they were welcomed with open arms,thereafter they spread to all over India.

Ever heard of TATA Inc,is their ancestors came from present day Pak ?

Even your Liberator Sam Manekshaw was a Parsi,whose family was native of India.

Back
Top Bottom