What's new

Iran a country with sanction has a higher GDP than Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
yar Iran is not losing trillions of money due to war on terror, militancy as we have so far lost.

Iran still has oil and these cosmetic sanctions have not affected her usual business.

Plus Iran has some passage charging from

You don't have trillions to begin with :rolleyes:

I would also like an explanation as to what are the expenses for this 'war on terror' that Pakistan is supposedly fighting. If we carefully examine the cost of the US wars it can be broken down to active deployed troops, medial treatment for troops, transportation of troops via aircraft or other means, fuel for tanks, trucks, aircraft ect, expenditure of weapons this includes everything from guided weapons to 5.56 rounds, loss of equipment due to accident and hostile fire, private subcontractors for both special operations and construction as well as repair and the list goes on....

What has Pakistan done besides sent some troops near the Afghan border? Are people supposed to believe that sending troops near the Afghan border is going to cost trillions or billions? Even if we assume that the cost of this 'war on terror' will exceed military expenditures the US is providing Pakistan with billions, which should cover the cost of stationing soldiers near the Afghan border or combating demestic terror.

Don't forget the Pakistan government dooped the US for cash during the Soviet afghan war, what makes you think that the same is not happening, in other words, the expenditure for Pakistan's 'war on terror' is grossly over exaggerated.

You don't have trillions to begin with :rolleyes:

I would also like an explanation as to what are the expenses for this 'war on terror' that Pakistan is supposedly fighting. If we carefully examine the cost of the US wars it can be broken down to active deployed troops, medial treatment for troops, transportation of troops via aircraft or other means, fuel for tanks, trucks, aircraft ect, expenditure of weapons this includes everything from guided weapons to 5.56 rounds, loss of equipment due to accident and hostile fire, private subcontractors for both special operations and construction as well as repair and the list goes on....

What has Pakistan done besides sent some troops near the Afghan border? Are people supposed to believe that sending troops near the Afghan border is going to cost trillions or billions? Even if we assume that the cost of this 'war on terror' will exceed military expenditures the US is providing Pakistan with billions, which should cover the cost of stationing soldiers near the Afghan border or combating demestic terror.

Don't forget the Pakistan government dooped the US for cash during the Soviet afghan war, what makes you think that the same is not happening, in other words, the expenditure for Pakistan's 'war on terror' is grossly over exaggerated.

Do you know how many Pakistani troops died in this War on Terror?
count the number and you will now we are not only sending our troops to Afghan borders but actually fighting against them in tribal areas... and that cost big money.... Only swat operation displaced two million peoples (and providing them food, rehabilitation, paying the cost of damage, property loss, physical loss etc cost big money) and start counting the number of battles we had i.e. Operation Zalzala, Bajaur operation, South Waziristan operation, tensions in North Waziristan, Orakzai and Khurram Agency operations etc

Its a long list.... and all these operations cost big money... thousands of Pakistani civilian and Army men has already died and you are asking about what Pakistan has done besides sending troops to Afghan Border :lol:

Iran's GDP:
oily.gif

Oil prices:
oilprice1900intcopy.gif

iran has zardari????????/// if there is zaradri there will be no sanctions on iran because ALLAH will never punish two times any nation .

zaradri

zardari-palace-dubai.jpg

zardari-palace1.jpg

2983933517_00295f3673.jpg

111.jpg

and we???????

f-16m-b80c85911.jpg

President&

bedroom-in-presidents-house-latest-wallpaper.jpg

dinning_table_of_pakistan_president_house.jpg

a time will come when the common pakistani will burn these palaces to the ground

ooohh god, such luxury looks like aladin palace, no govt in the world can afford such luxury aur auqaat inke yeah ke hardly eight class pass, they go abroad spend some honeymoon time and dishonour pakistan by their words in the whole world, sharam karo, kuch ghairat karo

maro in begheraton ko, nanga kerke, and distribute their king like wealth to the common ppl who cant afford bread and all this on tax money

Do you know how many Pakistani troops died in this War on Terror?

Do you know how many troops Russia lost in years of full scale fighting and the cost of the Chechen war?

count the number and you will now we are not only sending our troops to Afghan borders but actually fighting against them in tribal areas... and that cost big money.... Only swat operation displaced two million peoples (and providing them food, rehabilitation, paying the cost of damage, property loss, physical loss etc cost big money) and start counting the number of battles we had i.e. Operation Zalzala, Bajaur operation, South Waziristan operation, tensions in North Waziristan, Orakzai and Khurram Agency operations etc

@ptldM3

IMF reports Rs. 2.08 trillion loss which is USD 24.4 billion.

The total security aid provided to their country has been 12 billion since the war started. This doesn't take into account non security aid.

You can read about all the aid here.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/pakaid.pdf

Pakistan?s War on Terror has cost Rs 2 trillion to the national economy ? IMF Report ? by Ahmed Iqbalabadi|Let Us Build Pakistan

I knew about some of the skirmishes and firefights Pakistan soldiers have been involved in and i'm aware that it's cost money even to relocate troops. However, based on Pakistan's history with the allocation of funds i'm skeptical of estimates especially when Russia spend 2-3 billion per year on the second Chechen war, keep in mind the Chechen war was a full scale operation that involved 93,000 troops backed by hundreds of tanks, aircraft ect. Not to mention thousands of dead soldiers. Russian soldiers also had operations in Dagestan.

Maybe i'm wrong, maybe Pakistan did spend that much on the war but i'm highly skeptical. If the Pakistan government compensated civilians than it's possible but like i stated earlier i'm highly skeptical given Pakistan’s corruption. Did you know that during the Afghan Soviet conflict the US donated money to Pakistan towards the war effort but do you know where the money went? Not towards the war.

It's not just spending on the war. Estimated loss is 50-80b, which includes spending on the war, decreased FDI, loss of economic growth due to WoT, infrastructure damage, major decline in tourists, etc.

Pakistan was growing around 5-9% before 2008. After that, growth dropped to 2-4%.

@Zadari's Palaces

China should start supplying some of Mao's books to Pakistan, they need a strong leftist movement :)

(this is not meant as some sort of sarcastic dig)

Maybe i'm wrong, maybe Pakistan did spend that much on the war but i'm highly skeptical. If the Pakistan government compensated civilians than it's possible but like i stated earlier i'm highly skeptical given Pakistan’s corruption. Did you know that during the Afghan Soviet conflict the US donated money to Pakistan towards the war effort but do you know where the money went? Not towards the war.

Because most of the money was an economic aid and not military aid.
Military Aid was separate that was mostly used to purchase heavy & small ammunitions from the United States

And sorry to say but the military aid offered to Pakistan was used to buy weapons from the same United States so there is no chance of corruption in these deals

Because most of the money was an economic aid and not military aid.
Military Aid was separate that was mostly used to purchase heavy & small ammunitions from the United States

And sorry to say but the military aid offered to Pakistan was used to buy weapons from the same United States so there is no chance of corruption in these deals

Who said that Pakistan purchased weapons with that military aid? If I remember correctly Pakistan tricked the US into buying back millions of dollars of it's own ammo that was suppose to go to the Mujahadeen. However, Pakistan resold the ammo to the US which the US viewed as a donation towards the war effort. This is my vague recollection, I do not remember the details but based on the past it is not difficult to imagine that war funds are being misused.

btw how does zaradri afford palaces? Let alone properties all over the world?

Last edited:
Who said that Pakistan purchased weapons with that military aid? If I remember correctly Pakistan tricked the US into buying back millions of dollars of it's own ammo that was suppose to go to the Mujahadeen. However, Pakistan resold the ammo to the US which the US viewed as a donation towards the war effort. This is my vague recollection, I do not remember the details but based on the past it is not difficult to imagine that war funds are being misused.

btw how does zaradri afford palaces?

No actually they tricked USA by making a copy of their weapons and using them instead of original US weapons that were meant to be given to Mujahideen.... so basically they purchased from USA, stored in their camps i.e. Ojhri Camp, redeveloped the technology and sent the copied version of those weapons to Talibans/Mujahideens...

You can read more about Ojhri camp from this link

Ojhri Camp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ojhri Camp (Urdu: اوجھڑی کیمپ) is located in Rawalpindi, Punjab, Pakistan. It was used as an ammunition depot for Afghan Mujahideen fighting against Soviet forces from Afghanistan. The camp exploded on April 10, 1988, killing more than 1,000 people [1][2] in Rawalpindi and Islamabad as a result of rockets and other munitions expelled by the blast.
US officials blamed sabotage for the explosion.[3] There was speculation that the explosion was done by Pakistani agents to cover up a pilferage of the weapons stocks, including Stinger missiles.[4] The true cause of the explosion remains a mystery.

No actually they tricked USA by making a copy of their weapons and using them instead of original US weapons that were meant to be given to Mujahideen.... so basically they purchased from USA, stored in their camps i.e. Ojhri Camp, redeveloped the technology and sent the copied version of those weapons to Talibans/Mujahideens...

You can read more about Ojhri camp from this link

Ojhri Camp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not sure that's the same incident that I’m thinking about, my recollection is from a war documentary and I do remember the documentary mentioning that the US bought back it's own ammo, I remember nothing about copied weapons. I do not remember the documentary but if I find it I will post it.

I knew about some of the skirmishes and firefights Pakistan soldiers have been involved in and i'm aware that it's cost money even to relocate troops. However, based on Pakistan's history with the allocation of funds i'm skeptical of estimates especially when Russia spend 2-3 billion per year on the second Chechen war, keep in mind the Chechen war was a full scale operation that involved 93,000 troops backed by hundreds of tanks, aircraft ect. Not to mention thousands of dead soldiers. Russian soldiers also had operations in Dagestan.

I think the incurred loses are accurate. The ones the Pakistani government claims are most likely the inflated and false ones.

What i have a hard time understanding is why Pakistan keeps asking for money to keep fighting. It should be in their interest to fight these terror groups operating in their country. Aid is suppose to help you fight. It isn't their to fund a conflict that you should be fighting. If pakistan feels they don't or can't fight the war then they should have the U.S. move into NW and get the job done.

btw how does zaradri afford palaces? Let alone properties all over the world?
Buddy its beyond the point.We still managed to help others in killing 30k+ soviets and injuring 50k+ soviets.SO i think money well spent on part of the US.By the way Zardari is known as 10% for a reason.Do some research on google.

It's not just spending on the war. Estimated loss is 50-80b, which includes spending on the war, decreased FDI, loss of economic growth due to WoT, infrastructure damage, major decline in tourists, etc.

Pakistan was growing around 5-9% before 2008. After that, growth dropped to 2-4%.
Do you even know how big a range 5-9% of growth for a GDP is?
pakistan grew 4-5% at max.
Provide me any link to prove my statement wrong.
In 2008 Pakistani economy grew at 2%...
pakistan gdp growth rate - Google Search
And for present,a decline rate rather than a growth rate has been predicted for Pak's economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom